HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 30, 2012, 10:53 AM
Joined Oct 2009
1,102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk671 View Post
my cp shafts were sometimes bent a little as well... i just bent them back until they ran smoothly... a little trial and error...

btw.... has anyone ran the HET 2w-30 on 6S? I swear I want to run these motors... just don't want to buy 3 motors and then come to realize I made the wrong decision. But I seriosly think that the 2w-30 will be a great motor on 6S for this motor... anyone test it out yet?? i want to get my f-18 back in the air!
I've been running the 2W-30 on 6S for a few weeks now. Fan is unbalanced and doesn't sound as nice as some of the other setups yet, but it makes a ton of power on 25C nanos and pushes my Panther Lander to ~95mph.

Go for it, you won't regret it!

P.S. there is also an 8S option with this motor.... if you have space and the guts
nighthawk0077 is offline Find More Posts by nighthawk0077
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2012, 11:28 AM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anlucas View Post
To close this vibrating CP 2800kv motor issue.
It was the shaft that was bent ever so slightly.

I have to give credit to Hobby-Paradise.com who after asking me the right questions, confirmed the issue and are sending me a new motor in replacement without me asking for it.
Nice.

tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old May 30, 2012, 12:26 PM
John
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Mar 2011
436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771 View Post
How did you go about doing the bending. I think I have a bent shaft also
I would just run spool up the motor a little... Maybe 10% throttle... And listen and watch for imbalance... When these motors are balanced, it is the smoothest sound in the world!!! If it wasnt balanced i would just push on the shaft.. Oh yeah i did this with the shaft adapter on... So yanking and pushing on the shaft was a lot easier.... Then i'd run it up again to see if i'd made any progress.. Agin like i said before trial and error. Eventually you are bound to get it.... Luckily it only took 5 minute for me!!
jk671 is offline Find More Posts by jk671
Old May 30, 2012, 12:29 PM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk671 View Post
I would just run spool up the motor a little... Maybe 10% throttle... And listen and watch for imbalance... When these motors are balanced, it is the smoothest sound in the world!!! If it wasnt balanced i would just push on the shaft.. Oh yeah i did this with the shaft adapter on... So yanking and pushing on the shaft was a lot easier.... Then i'd run it up again to see if i'd made any progress.. Agin like i said before trial and error. Eventually you are bound to get it.... Luckily it only took 5 minute for me!!
Ah, with shaft adapter I can see it being twice as easy...

good idea
erh7771 is offline Find More Posts by erh7771
Old May 30, 2012, 12:35 PM
John
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Mar 2011
436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771 View Post
Ah, with shaft adapter I can see it being twice as easy...

good idea
Yup! You dont have to push or pull hard sometimes the least amount of pressure is all it takes!
jk671 is offline Find More Posts by jk671
Old May 30, 2012, 04:09 PM
It should fly at least once
Australia, NSW, Grenfell
Joined Mar 2006
2,596 Posts
surely if you can bend the shaft that easy what will happen with the centrifugal force of a fan when you turn quickly. Does not sound like a good fix to me, get a new or better shaft, better still get a better motor
clive45 is online now Find More Posts by clive45
Old May 31, 2012, 06:24 PM
United States, OH, Dresden
Joined Mar 2004
419 Posts
Cs 10

Hi :
I forgot to ask in my last post, how do you measure RPM on the 10 & 12 bladed fans.
I have a tach for 2,3 and 4 bladed props, so do I set my tach on 2 and time it by 5 or do I have to buy a new tach .
Thanks
joe1 is offline Find More Posts by joe1
Old May 31, 2012, 07:04 PM
Madison, MS
Joined Oct 2006
797 Posts
Get you a KV meter.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...KV_Reader.html

Beware though, this one shows what you would assume to be 2 pairs of positive and negative wires coming out where you could solder on some deans connectors but mine came with the xt connectors soldered right on the pcb. Luckily I had one male and female xt connector lying around.

I emailed hobbyking about this and told them they needed to change their picture and they didn't seem to give a crap.

Other than that it works good.
dpowellmeii is offline Find More Posts by dpowellmeii
Old May 31, 2012, 07:27 PM
Joined Mar 2004
419 Posts
KV- Meter

Hi :
Is there anywhere in the states that sell these meters, as I will not order from HK.
Thank You
Joe
Old May 31, 2012, 07:46 PM
Madison, MS
Joined Oct 2006
797 Posts
http://www.rchotdeals.com/Products/r...s/kvmeter.html
Old May 31, 2012, 08:15 PM
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Feb 2009
1,727 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpowellmeii View Post
Over double the price of HK!
bamaguy is offline Find More Posts by bamaguy
Old May 31, 2012, 09:10 PM
Madison, MS
Joined Oct 2006
797 Posts
They are located in the U.S.

http://www.rchotdeals.com/Products/rc/contactus.html

That's the price you pay since its made in china then they ship it over here. Take your pick, I give up.
Old May 31, 2012, 10:29 PM
Joined Mar 2004
419 Posts
KV-Meter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpowellmeii View Post
They are located in the U.S.

http://www.rchotdeals.com/Products/rc/contactus.html

That's the price you pay since its made in china then they ship it over here. Take your pick, I give up.
I have bought through Hot R/C Deals before, and they are more but at least they are in the U.S. and they have the correct plugs.
I Thank You.
Old Jun 01, 2012, 06:55 PM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,756 Posts
CS 70mm shroud dia.

Im thinking about starting back on a build that has been sitting for quite some time. Its a warthog, I have built the pods for minifans and the fit is perfect to them. I would like to use the CS 10blade fans. Can someone get me a very accurate outside and inside shroud diameter in millimeters.
unclecrash is offline Find More Posts by unclecrash
Old Jun 01, 2012, 07:32 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,848 Posts
hi Dave
I would highly recommend that you not use the cs housing as they are crap if you already have them fit to mini housings just use the cs 10blade rotor in that housing otherwise use the delta v15 housing. Tam sells the rotor dynamically balanced with a 4 or 5mm shaft adapter and spinner washer. that would be the way to go

John
jcdfrd is online now Find More Posts by jcdfrd