HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 29, 2012, 09:46 PM
"LiPo-Blaster"
Duluth, GA
Joined Apr 2009
926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamjets View Post
I know is hard to hold the part to tight.
The batch is done. Cut the slot for screw driver to hold the shaft to tight the nut is next batch.
But I had easy fix with locking washer and now order are ship with it.
I use on all my fan TJ70, TJ80 and TJ90 over last week.
Is work very good and you only need to tight the enough to lock it.
Great Idea, Thanks Tam
RugFlyer is offline Find More Posts by RugFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2012, 09:54 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RugFlyer View Post
Great Idea, Thanks Tam
How many you need?
Anyone got my CS-Shaft.
PM me the address. I can throw in the mail or order something remind to put in the locking washer.
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets
Old May 29, 2012, 10:19 PM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,774 Posts
I have the cs10... never got it going. burnt one motor out...Will start messing with it again. Numbers are messing with my brain!!!!! MIGRAINES/ Amnesia. Maybe someday, I will have a 100% brain to enjoy the hobby again???? To many choices! Lee
capt soap is offline Find More Posts by capt soap
Old May 29, 2012, 11:41 PM
United States, MD, Clinton
Joined Oct 2010
1,002 Posts
Oh man, so this is one of the first edfs I have used these fans in that actually sounds pretty good. I tried in the f22 and doesn't sound as great as in the a10. Excuse the landing on this, was having some other issues.
A10 (3 min 3 sec)
houstonderk is online now Find More Posts by houstonderk
Old May 30, 2012, 12:30 AM
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined May 2011
2,893 Posts
This is the nicest sound LX A-10 with changesun 10 blades.

Well done!!
anlucas is offline Find More Posts by anlucas
Old May 30, 2012, 12:44 AM
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined May 2011
2,893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post
easy to check the motor, remove the rotor and shaft, spin the motor up on low to med rpm put your finger on the end of the motor shaft and feel it you should not feel and vibs if it feels like the motor isnt spinning when it is then the motor passes qc if you feel vibs then the motor has issues, consider this the starting point for smoothness whatever vibs you have here will not be able to be removed with adapters or rotors they will only make it worse
To close this vibrating CP 2800kv motor issue.
It was the shaft that was bent ever so slightly.

I have to give credit to Hobby-Paradise.com who after asking me the right questions, confirmed the issue and are sending me a new motor in replacement without me asking for it.
Old May 30, 2012, 01:08 AM
John
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Mar 2011
436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anlucas View Post
To close this vibrating CP 2800kv motor issue.
It was the shaft that was bent ever so slightly.

I have to give credit to Hobby-Paradise.com who after asking me the right questions, confirmed the issue and are sending me a new motor in replacement without me asking for it.
my cp shafts were sometimes bent a little as well... i just bent them back until they ran smoothly... a little trial and error...

btw.... has anyone ran the HET 2w-30 on 6S? I swear I want to run these motors... just don't want to buy 3 motors and then come to realize I made the wrong decision. But I seriosly think that the 2w-30 will be a great motor on 6S for this motor... anyone test it out yet?? i want to get my f-18 back in the air!
jk671 is offline Find More Posts by jk671
Old May 30, 2012, 01:17 AM
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined May 2011
2,893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk671 View Post
my cp shafts were sometimes bent a little as well... i just bent them back until they ran smoothly... a little trial and error...

btw.... has anyone ran the HET 2w-30 on 6S? I swear I want to run these motors... just don't want to buy 3 motors and then come to realize I made the wrong decision. But I seriosly think that the 2w-30 will be a great motor on 6S for this motor... anyone test it out yet?? i want to get my f-18 back in the air!
I think that the ExtremeRC 6S combo is based on the 2w-30.

If a $12 Turnigy L2855-2100kv can handle 6S then I don't see why the 2w-30 won't.

It's a pretty safe choice. Only concern is that you may need to put a heatsink and I wouldn't trust the CS housing material to handle the heat generated over the long run. Some people use the e-flight v15 housing for inrunners.
Old May 30, 2012, 05:05 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
9,477 Posts
The specs of the 2W-30 suggest it could do a very good job on 6S, but it could even do 7S for even more thrust!! All within its specs. Over 2.0Kg then?
But getting 7S into a plane suited for 70mm is getting harder....

As Anlucas said.... the L2855-2100 does a good job on 6S and this HET 2W-30 is a much better motor. So it will do the same thrust specs at least.... and very likely to be 10% to 20% more thrust - maybe even a bit more! (and more input power needed).

The main difference in that comparison is that the L2855 is very over-stressed doing that 6S job, the HET would be cruising!
$12 versus $74..... 1/6th the cost.... and will last about 1/6th the lifespan... or really, 1/20th!!! LOL

It would be extremely unlikely that the 2W-30 would NOT do an excellent job in the CS10 on 6S !!! This would be the 'luxury' choice for that job! Luxury meaning, high cost up front, for something well specced for the job so that it can do it AND last long term too. The "Mercedes" for the job? hehe
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Old May 30, 2012, 05:38 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
9,477 Posts
Here is the 'half way' from poor man to Mercedes motor.....LOL

XK2850-B-2060kv
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=17728

http://www.leopardhobby.com/product/...ionID=01020204
Very likely to be this Leopard but ends up as somewhat of a HET clone too.

At $32 it is less than half the price of the HET.... capable of close to the same ratings without being too over-stressed.
But 2060kv (if you can trust in that anyway) will mean lower RPM and thus thrust, in the same setup. And not being over-stressed notably at all, it should last a long time in that role too.

All in all it should be a very good motor for the CS10 too.
Expect 1.6Kg area thrust on 6S.

I think I will grab a pair of them...... for my Su-35, to use when the L2855-2100's crap out!!!
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Old May 30, 2012, 08:45 AM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonderk View Post
Oh man, so this is one of the first edfs I have used these fans in that actually sounds pretty good. I tried in the f22 and doesn't sound as great as in the a10. Excuse the landing on this, was having some other issues.
http://youtu.be/eTUrCtRbPyc
FINALLY!!

I've been lurking the A10 thread for this sound forever!
erh7771 is offline Find More Posts by erh7771
Old May 30, 2012, 08:45 AM
Joined Nov 2005
5,606 Posts
Quote:

How did you go about doing the bending. I think I have a bent shaft also
Old May 30, 2012, 08:56 AM
Joined Nov 2005
5,606 Posts
Quote:

How did you go about doing the bending. I think I have a bent shaft also
Old May 30, 2012, 09:32 AM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Apr 2007
1,802 Posts
how do the un-ventilated inrunners fare in EDFs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC View Post
Here is the 'half way' from poor man to Mercedes motor.....LOL

XK2850-B-2060kv
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=17728

At $32 it is less than half the price of the HET.... capable of close to the same ratings without being too over-stressed.
But 2060kv (if you can trust in that anyway) will mean lower RPM and thus thrust, in the same setup. And not being over-stressed notably at all, it should last a long time in that role too.
I noticed that there are no cooling holes in the rear - will that motor get efficient cooling in a plastic shroud (it should work in a tight alloy shroud)? In a car application outside I figure it's good that no dirt gets into the motor. In an EDF cooling holes would be very welcome, and If I remember correctly, the newer HETs do have lots of ventilation, seems crucial (to me) for higher power applications.
Reason for me to ponder this: Ordered the HK Me163 and want to use a different motor in the Me, and the 3500kV inrunner which looks very much like the 2000kV for which you provided the link I might let loose on a CS70 (only on 3s, and even that would mean some serious amps).
erh771 wrote about drilling holes in the bottoms of such motors, is this a viable option for someone w/ average mechanical talent?

thx
Clemens
mopetista is offline Find More Posts by mopetista
Last edited by mopetista; May 30, 2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old May 30, 2012, 09:44 AM
Joined Nov 2005
5,606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopetista View Post
I noticed that there are no cooling holes in the rear - will that motor get efficient cooling in a plastic shroud? In a car application outside I figure it's good that no dirt gets into the motor. In an EDF cooling holes would be very welcome, and If I remember correctly, the newer HETs do have lots of ventilation, seems crucial (to me) for higher power applications.
Reason for me to ponder this: Ordered the HK Me163 and want to use a different motor in the Me, and the 3500kV inrunner which looks very much like the 2000kV for which you provided the link (only on 3s, and that would mean some serious amps).
erh771 wrote about drilling holes in the bottoms of such motors, is this a viable option for someone w/ average mechanical talent?

thx
Clemens
I'm done with motors with no cooling holes...I find that the magnets properties stay strong but the winding laminate burns mostly cause there's no airflow..

I've burned 3 - 4 inrunners with increased mass mostly cause the winding laminate "cook" inside the closed can.

For some you can take the can bottom off by putting the 3m screws in the opposite sites and twisting the motor can in a vise or something.

Some come with screws to hold the can caps on...even small holes wold help a lot in cooling
Last edited by erh7771; May 30, 2012 at 09:49 AM.