Old Mar 04, 2012, 01:12 AM
Mexico, BC, Mexicali
Joined Aug 2004
5,276 Posts
New Change Sun Chart.

Post 2358.

Manuel V.
manuel v is offline Find More Posts by manuel v
Last edited by manuel v; Mar 04, 2012 at 11:44 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2012, 09:10 AM
Joined Oct 2011
152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by manuel v View Post
New Change Sun Chart.
New little change in Notes.

Manuel V.
Manuel V:

Excellent work thanks, I have almost completed something similar

Note that Vm: is minimum voltage, not starting voltage or maximum for the run thus I do not understand your notes??

We should agree on the scale we are working on for Watts / Motor weight in grams:

is it?
Cool 0.0 - 6.9
Fine Cool 7.0 - 7.9
Optime 8.0 - 8.9
Optime -- 9.0 - 9.9
Throttle Check 10.0 - 10.9
Don't Use 11.0 - 11.0+
901racer is offline Find More Posts by 901racer
Old Mar 04, 2012, 11:43 AM
Mexico, BC, Mexicali
Joined Aug 2004
5,276 Posts
901 racer.
Thanks.

Now I understand.

I added a possible maximum voltage, that I may know the battery capacity to support the given load voltage.
Now the engines were cut and disappeared 5 cell and 6 cells.
Only Eflite seems to be good for 6-cell and still is in its limits.

Manuel V.
Last edited by manuel v; Mar 05, 2012 at 09:34 PM.
Old Mar 04, 2012, 12:07 PM
Joined Nov 2011
1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacier Girl View Post
flylow, here you go, anti spark device.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1229558

Thanks GG,
Mucho appreciated :-)
flylow2011 is offline Find More Posts by flylow2011
Old Mar 04, 2012, 03:52 PM
USA, UT, Springville
Joined Dec 2005
1,877 Posts
Manuel,

You might want to correct the specs on the Eflite BL 32 motor. That is an inrunner motor.

I thought the Turnigy L2855-2800 motor had been tested on 5S with good results but according to the spreadsheet, it runs too hot and should not be used?
therealhiphop is offline Find More Posts by therealhiphop
Old Mar 04, 2012, 06:13 PM
Mexico, BC, Mexicali
Joined Aug 2004
5,276 Posts
I think:
Motor to more cell has factor watts/g more high.
But I have never gone to levels greater than 10.

Manuel V.
Last edited by manuel v; Mar 05, 2012 at 09:45 PM.
Old Mar 04, 2012, 09:43 PM
Kamikaze Ace
USA, FL, Lakeland
Joined Jan 2010
2,382 Posts
Well count me in as sold on these fans!

Got bored today and pulled down my HET Me-262 to see about what I would have to do to fit the fans. Well imagine my surprise, musta missed it in the thread, but the WeMo 6904's are 70 mm shrouds. Lot stronger then the CS ones.

So what else did I have to do? Left the HET 3W motors in, dropped the 10 blades on, grabbed a 4S 5800 30 C pack out of the box and let her rip.

Probably a RED set up on 4S. Even with a not fully charged pack. The wires on the watt meter started to smoke and was reading 99 amps. Oh well in for a penny. Yanked the watt meter and let her have it again.

DANG!!!! starts out with a little whine, get past 1/4 throttle and WHOOSH!!!
Only whine was from the motors themselves, I guess 50 amps or so on a 30 amp rated motor would make em whine.

Not having that ear splitting banshee wail is priceless. And watching the Me pushing itself, and the liner sitting on it's stand that I was using as a stop, left no doubt of how much thrust these things put out.

Tomorrow I'm going to charge up a pair of 3S packs and a 4S see what happens.
I'll unplug one motor so I can get some readings off the meter without smoking it.

On a side note, I ran these up several times one right after the other and even ran a couple of long runs to see how things held up and to check for vibrations. Yeah the motors were hot, but I could put a finger on the backs and hold it there no problem.
Glacier Girl is online now Find More Posts by Glacier Girl
Old Mar 05, 2012, 01:05 AM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacier Girl View Post
....Yeah the motors were hot, but I could put a finger on the backs and hold it there no problem.
Good to know, human saliva evaporates instantly around 160f-ish IIRC.

If you don't have a heat gun it's always a last resort tool to use
erh7771 is online now Find More Posts by erh7771
Old Mar 05, 2012, 01:12 AM
It should fly at least once
Australia, NSW, Grenfell
Joined Mar 2006
2,599 Posts
erh7771 I hope you mean temp gun not heat gun
clive45 is offline Find More Posts by clive45
Old Mar 05, 2012, 01:17 AM
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined May 2011
3,441 Posts
Just saw this new motor from HK

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...00KV_755W.html

at 3000kv, it looks like it could be a bit better than the L2855-2800kv motors...

The other 3000kv motor, the L2226 is nice but being 29mm means using a different shroud that can take it which in my experience results in lower rotor blade clearance and slightly more rotor whine than the stock CS shroud.

It will be in my next HK order.
anlucas is online now Find More Posts by anlucas
Old Mar 05, 2012, 01:38 AM
Joined Jan 2012
27 Posts
Guys, last Sunday I was testing my Sapac L-39 foam again with the CS 10 fan in a Sapac shroud with the Sapac Black Tornado 3200kv. After landing, I immediately swap the fan with the stock Sapac 5 bladed fan. The ESC is 120Amps and the battery is a 4s 35c 3300mah. The result is that the stock Sapac fan/Sapac motor is faster than the CS10 fan/Sapac motor. The only thing which is better is the sound which is more turbine like and quiet.
I have looked into the chart that manual v send with regards to the CS10 performance with various motor but I'm really confuse of why the CS10 fan/Sapac motor is not on par. Has anybody try with this CS10/Sapac 3200kv combination before?. Help ,help.

Oz
ozzie edf is offline Find More Posts by ozzie edf
Old Mar 05, 2012, 03:07 AM
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined May 2011
3,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie edf View Post
Guys, last Sunday I was testing my Sapac L-39 foam again with the CS 10 fan in a Sapac shroud with the Sapac Black Tornado 3200kv. After landing, I immediately swap the fan with the stock Sapac 5 bladed fan. The ESC is 120Amps and the battery is a 4s 35c 3300mah. The result is that the stock Sapac fan/Sapac motor is faster than the CS10 fan/Sapac motor. The only thing which is better is the sound which is more turbine like and quiet.
I have looked into the chart that manual v send with regards to the CS10 performance with various motor but I'm really confuse of why the CS10 fan/Sapac motor is not on par. Has anybody try with this CS10/Sapac 3200kv combination before?. Help ,help.
Oz
It would be useful if you took some measurements with a watt meter from your combo and share them with us so that we can discuss.

From my experience the CS 10 fan presents a "heavier" load to motors. As a result the motor has to work harder and needs to have more torgue. Usually we see this as higher current/amp consumption and that the motor struggles to spin the fan at higher rpms which would give the higher eflux speed.

From the numbers posted here you can see 2100 and 2300kv motors giving thrust which is proportionally more efficient than the thrust pushed out by 2800 and 3000kv motors.

The standard sapac fan, being a 5-blader is a lighther load, can spin faster and so it generates a higher eflux.

This is not strange.

I think most of us that are happy with the CS10 fan use it mostly for its sound and can accept the 10-20% decrease in all out speed that another fan can give.
anlucas is online now Find More Posts by anlucas
Old Mar 05, 2012, 03:23 AM
Joined Jan 2012
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anlucas View Post
It would be useful if you took some measurements with a watt meter from your combo and share them with us so that we can discuss.

From my experience the CS 10 fan presents a "heavier" load to motors. As a result the motor has to work harder and needs to have more torgue. Usually we see this as higher current/amp consumption and that the motor struggles to spin the fan at higher rpms which would give the higher eflux speed.

From the numbers posted here you can see 2100 and 2300kv motors giving thrust which is proportionally more efficient than the thrust pushed out by 2800 and 3000kv motors.

The standard sapac fan, being a 5-blader is a lighther load, can spin faster and so it generates a higher eflux.

This is not strange.

I think most of us that are happy with the CS10 fan use it mostly for its sound and can accept the 10-20% decrease in all out speed that another fan can give.
Thank for the advise Anlucas. Prior of taking off with the CS10 fan/Sapac motor, I did a ground check and it showed during WOT a 1100watt at 78Amps. The stock Sapac setup at WOT give me about 850-900watt with about 63Amps readout. Naturally I thought that since the CS10 fan/Sapac motor setup is more power than the Sapac fan/Sapac motor setup, the L-39 would be more faster. But it did not. You can immediately tell the different during WOT on take off. I'm guessing that even if the watt is high , the thrust kg can be low.

Oz
Old Mar 05, 2012, 03:26 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,661 Posts
The rotor is almost as good as a wemo which is very slightly more efficient than the sapac rotor. The sapac has more pitch than a wemo and presents more load. My F16 with 860w 10 blade setup is flying almost as quick as it was with the wemo/2W18 setup that pulled just over 800w. I dont think there is anything wrong with this rotor from an in air performance view, just needs to be carefully set up and optimised.
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Mar 05, 2012, 03:36 AM
Joined Jan 2012
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_RC View Post
The rotor is almost as good as a wemo which is very slightly more efficient than the sapac rotor. The sapac has more pitch than a wemo and presents more load. My F16 with 860w 10 blade setup is flying almost as quick as it was with the wemo/2W18 setup that pulled just over 800w. I dont think there is anything wrong with this rotor from an in air performance view, just needs to be carefully set up and optimised.
Thank Extream RC. Now I know that kv does not mean everything. It is as you mention the setup must be carefully done. Thank god there is an analysis from manual v on which I can follow suit. I thought of doing another test (stupid test maybe) next coming Sunday with the CS10 and the Cyclone Power 4100kv to see if there is any different with a much higher kv but I guess that's scrap.

Oz