HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 01, 2012, 09:51 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2012
27 Posts
CS 10 Blade 4s motor

Need help. My new Change Sun 10 blade 70mm just arrived and I was hoping that somebody could advise me on what is the best 4s motor for this fan. This thread is long and there are so many motors mention making me confused. At my own disposal at he moment I have the Sapac MB1 and I wonder if this motor can be use also. My setup is only for 4s. Help help.

Oz
ozzie edf is offline Find More Posts by ozzie edf
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2012, 10:55 PM
Registered User
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie edf View Post
Need help. My new Change Sun 10 blade 70mm just arrived and I was hoping that somebody could advise me on what is the best 4s motor for this fan. This thread is long and there are so many motors mention making me confused. At my own disposal at he moment I have the Sapac MB1 and I wonder if this motor can be use also. My setup is only for 4s. Help help.

Oz
Can you do 100 amps on your esc?
erh7771 is online now Find More Posts by erh7771
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2012, 11:17 PM
Guarantee at least one landing
Burdo's Avatar
Australia, QLD, Mooloolaba
Joined Aug 2007
316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie edf View Post
Need help. My new Change Sun 10 blade 70mm just arrived and I was hoping that somebody could advise me on what is the best 4s motor for this fan. This thread is long and there are so many motors mention making me confused. At my own disposal at he moment I have the Sapac MB1 and I wonder if this motor can be use also. My setup is only for 4s. Help help.

Oz
Ozzie, I can recommend the Turnigy L2855-2800kv. Works well and I get pretty good numbers on 4S. Mind you, I'm only flying a F-16 foamie.

Watts are approx. 750ish at 55amps.....and the motor is only $13
Burdo is offline Find More Posts by Burdo
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2012, 12:25 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2012
27 Posts
erh7771, yes my ESC is the Turnigy Red Brick 125 Amps.
Burdo, what is the thrust kg on that Turnigy L2855?. What im looking for is low amps and speed, but if you ask which I'm most prefer than it would be speed. Is that motor is the best for this fan?.
ozzie edf is offline Find More Posts by ozzie edf
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2012, 12:53 AM
Registered User
anlucas's Avatar
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined May 2011
3,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie edf View Post
erh7771, yes my ESC is the Turnigy Red Brick 125 Amps.
Burdo, what is the thrust kg on that Turnigy L2855?. What im looking for is low amps and speed, but if you ask which I'm most prefer than it would be speed. Is that motor is the best for this fan?.
There's no such thing as "best" in. More like "horses for courses".

Depends on what you want to do. What airframe are you planning to use?

The L2855-2800kv can give up to 1.4kg of thrust at 60-65ish amps.

I don't have any experience on the MB1 but it may well be the ticket for you.

Others will need to confirm this.
anlucas is online now Find More Posts by anlucas
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2012, 01:00 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2012
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anlucas View Post
There's no such thing as "best" in. More like "horses for courses".

Depends on what you want to do. What airframe are you planning to use?

The L2855-2800kv can give up to 1.4kg of thrust at 60-65ish amps.

I don't have any experience on the MB1 but it may well be the ticket for you.

Others will need to confirm this.
Thanks for the info Anlucas. The jet that will be getting this will be my Sapac L-39, hence that where I get the Sapac MB-1 stock setup. The stock setup is too slow for the jet.
ozzie edf is offline Find More Posts by ozzie edf
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2012, 01:33 AM
Registered User
anlucas's Avatar
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined May 2011
3,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie edf View Post
Thanks for the info Anlucas. The jet that will be getting this will be my Sapac L-39, hence that where I get the Sapac MB-1 stock setup. The stock setup is too slow for the jet.
Is it the composite version or EPO?

I am not sure if the L2855-2800kv will give you more speed that the Sapac MB1 with the Sapac 5blade fan.
anlucas is online now Find More Posts by anlucas
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2012, 01:51 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2012
27 Posts
The Sapac L-39 is the composite version. The stock setup is flyable but too slow. Any other advise?. Anybody?. Help
ozzie edf is offline Find More Posts by ozzie edf
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2012, 01:58 AM
Aka: Tom Jenkins
ApexAero's Avatar
Palm Beach County, Fl.
Joined Aug 2008
4,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie edf View Post
The Sapac L-39 is the composite version. The stock setup is flyable but too slow. Any other advise?. Anybody?. Help
Cool 42 in a Wemo on a 120 esc, 4 or 5s 4k45c
ApexAero is offline Find More Posts by ApexAero
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2012, 02:15 AM
Registered User
anlucas's Avatar
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined May 2011
3,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie edf View Post
The Sapac L-39 is the composite version. The stock setup is flyable but too slow. Any other advise?. Anybody?. Help
What 4S batteries do you have?

You have an MB1 and a CS fan and a 125A ESC.

If you have batteries, at least a 3300 35c, that can give 90-100amps then the MB1 with the CS fan will give more thrust than with the Sapac fan.

That should give close to 100mph in that airframe.

Might as well try it out and if it doesn't workout than my suggestion is to go to 5S or 6S setups. There are plenty of tests done with 2100-2600kv motors.

If you don't want to go to the trouble and uncertainty, then

the ExtremeRC combo looks like an excellent choice....

http://www.extremerc.com.au/estore/i...oducts_id=1102

Depends on what you consider fast.

In my books, 80-100 is not slow.

For others, anything less than 120mph is unbearably slow.
anlucas is online now Find More Posts by anlucas
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2012, 02:33 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2012
27 Posts
I have the exact 3300mah 35c battery Anlucas. I will take your advise and test it out with the MB-1 and if you are right, it should be fast. Im going with just 4s to save weight and because I have so many of them 4s laying around. Wish me luck.
ozzie edf is offline Find More Posts by ozzie edf
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2012, 02:45 AM
Registered User
anlucas's Avatar
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined May 2011
3,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie edf View Post
I have the exact 3300mah 35c battery Anlucas. I will take your advise and test it out with the MB-1 and if you are right, it should be fast. Im going with just 4s to save weight and because I have so many of them 4s laying around. Wish me luck.
Good luck! and report back your experiences...

I have a Sapac T-45 which wears this fan and with a 3300 25c I get 80-90mph. It's faster with higher C lipos.
anlucas is online now Find More Posts by anlucas
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2012, 03:40 AM
Guarantee at least one landing
Burdo's Avatar
Australia, QLD, Mooloolaba
Joined Aug 2007
316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie edf View Post
The Sapac L-39 is the composite version. The stock setup is flyable but too slow. Any other advise?. Anybody?. Help
Is this the same size airframe as the Pro-EDF L-39, also on HK?
Burdo is offline Find More Posts by Burdo
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2012, 05:15 AM
Registered User
anlucas's Avatar
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined May 2011
3,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burdo View Post
Is this the same size airframe as the Pro-EDF L-39, also on HK?
No, the Sapac is larger. 890mm wing, 1150mm length.
anlucas is online now Find More Posts by anlucas
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2012, 06:11 AM
EDF rules... :)
AirX's Avatar
Joined Nov 1999
13,639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfodor View Post
So if it takes 1400watts to spin the rotor 35000rpm and your getting 35000 rpm using 1000 watts then something is wrong, either the rotor is slipping or the way your gathering rpm is not functioning properly. This brings me back to a question I asked in a previous post, how are you reading rpm?

Cheers,
Eric B.

Eric, in the T45 I am using an Eagletree for RPM, current, and GPS speed. The CS10 T45 has a Castle Phoenix 125 hence using Egletree. My other bench run CS10s are run with Castle ICE2 HV and I use that for RPM and all of the other measurements.

I have a bench Eagletree also that I have compared RPM and current to the ICE. The ICE reads higher on both current and RPM. Not a significant difference in RPM but current is about 10%+ higher on the ICE than Eagletree and my clamp on. Castle says it is because the ICE measures high frequency current better than the others. I have my doubts.
My calculation is for shaft power to turn the rotor under load at best efficiency.
If the rotor is slipping the motor will still show the rpms but will show lower wattage used to reach it. The Eagle Tree rpm sensor is tied into the motor wires note the shaft unless you used the magnets and external rpm sensor which you would have had to balance the rotor once the magnets were set into it to make it work which is a hassle. I have used the Eagle Tree in the past also and have had rotors that were slipping when I tested the WM400 5 years ago. The CC technology reads the rpms the same way as the Eagle Tree and it is completely internal.

Eric B.
AirX is offline Find More Posts by AirX
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Change Sun 12 blade 90mm Flip Flop Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 7081 Jul 28, 2014 08:25 AM
New Product Change Sun 120mm and new 10 blade 70mm fans Flip Flop Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 131 Apr 27, 2012 07:07 PM
Sold Change Sun electric retracts Flip Flop Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 3 May 23, 2011 06:20 AM
Sold Change Sun Electronic retracts w/Lander struts hole digger Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 2 May 06, 2011 01:27 PM
Sold Change Sun Electric retracts NIB 75.00 jzuniga Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 2 Sep 03, 2010 09:36 AM