mw
Mark Wood is online now Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Oct 20, 2011, 06:16 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,104 Posts
except for the one "hard to get along with" guy lol. blush

Like I said, I voted no but I'd support it if and when it goes through which I suspect it will.

With that said, I am a bit curious. When I made my post, I expected several people to say I agree with you and several to try to convince me that I should change my vote (I have done that before). No one has said either so now I'm wondering if I'm missing something. Why would a dedicated trade section be better than what we have now but with a trade icon added? Seems you are going to limit your audience by using this given what I said before. Am I wrong? I'm open to consideration and a change in my vote.
johnbyrne is offline Find More Posts by johnbyrne
Old Oct 20, 2011, 10:06 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,327 Posts
John:

I kinda figger it like this...

A trade can be of just about anything RC-related on either side which frankly wouldn't necessarily fit in any of the established forums. I would think that a SIMPLE catch-all forum for now would be easier to find with the traders concentrated in one place instead of splattered all over the Classifieds. It would make them easier to find not to mention cutting down on cross-posting which to me would only confuse the issue.

I think simply...my wife says simple-minded. I don't think it's the same...but I digress. This just seems to me to be the simple solution for the time being and I don't see enough WTTs at this point to warrant their own separate forums as of yet. That can certainly change if it comes to that but this is a place to start.

How's that?

mw
Old Oct 21, 2011, 01:17 AM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,788 Posts
I agree, WTT needs a forum of it's own, the FS/W Forums would then become FS Forums, (anything for you Mark).

Sonny
sonny1 is offline Find More Posts by sonny1
Old Oct 21, 2011, 08:24 AM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,104 Posts
Thanks Mark,

What occures to me is that I've focused on the trader not the other party. You mention the other party and with that in mind I can sort of see why it might be good. If I like trading and have "stuff" but no idea what I'd like to get then this may be a good place to go.

Ok, I would agree to this as long as you can also post it in at least one other place. For example, I have a Trex I want to trade. I would post in trade forum and again in the heli section (cause this is where the heli guys are). If I could do that one simple cross post which I think is allowed per present rules then I'd be for it. What do you think?
Old Oct 21, 2011, 11:08 AM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,327 Posts
Cross-posting in the FS/W forums is allowed "within reason". Having a WTT forum does not preclude that. It simply gives the user base a common forum for WTT that does not exist at this time.

mw
Old Oct 21, 2011, 01:11 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,104 Posts
Yea, I had only considered this from the view point of the person who knows either what he is going to trade or what he wants. In the case of someone who has lots of "toys" and may want to try something new but has no idea what, I can see this. As long as we are allowed to cross post (with in reason of course) at least once then I will change my vote.

Ok, changed to Yes as long as we get a WTT icon added too. I still think this is more important than a new forum
Old Oct 23, 2011, 10:20 AM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
24,918 Posts
Count me in. Always room for another new forum.
Murocflyer is offline Find More Posts by Murocflyer
Old Oct 25, 2011, 01:37 AM
Never Fry Bacon in the Nude.
United States, GA, Elberton
Joined Oct 2011
30 Posts
qty

Sounds good to me
Nolan533 is offline Find More Posts by Nolan533
Old Oct 25, 2011, 03:23 PM
USA, VT, Manchester Center
Joined Feb 2007
286 Posts
Sounds like a great idea.:
cmmicroheli is online now Find More Posts by cmmicroheli
Old Oct 27, 2011, 06:45 AM
USA, WV, Parkersburg
Joined Jun 2007
921 Posts
I'd love to see a wtt forum. I've traded quite a few items on here and had all good experiences and according to my rating, the recipients were happy to. Heli freak.com added a wtt forum to the classifieds section and I believe it has been a success.

Please add it as I think we really need it.
Garrett
Garrett1234567 is online now Find More Posts by Garrett1234567
Old Oct 27, 2011, 07:41 AM
There is Victory in the Lord!
United States, GA, Locust Grove
Joined Feb 2011
842 Posts
I'm In!!! +1
knifeedge63 is online now Find More Posts by knifeedge63
Old Oct 27, 2011, 12:27 PM
WEST TEXAS
Joined May 2008
95 Posts
I'm in. Great idea..Thanks, ldm1839

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Wood View Post
New Forum Suggestion
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forum Name: Want To Trade

Category: Classifieds

Description: A place for members to trade RC goods

Justification: There is no current place for this activity. Lord knows we're a bunch of trading fools when given the opportunity. We can start with a single one-size-fits-all forum and branch out as necessary.

Admins: Would it be possible to get a WTT button along with the For Sale, Wanted, etc. buttons?

mw

In for the ride:

1 Mark Wood
2 sagomon
3 jcstalls
4 Park Flyer
5 tlh101
6 porcia83
7 nitrodude71
8 Myron
9 earlcbrown
10 yates55
11 vhoward1122
12 David Hogue
13 p51p51
14 Foamer Simpson
15 JimNM
16 tdab
17 racie34
18 mj147
19 BIG LACY
20 RCFLYBOY1
21 C Watkins
22 grasshopper
23 epoweredrc
24 IneptCorpse
25 03svtsnakevert
26 CiprianGugu
27 twnspin
28 sonny1
29 johnbyrne
30 Murocflyer
31 ldm1839
ldm1839 is offline Find More Posts by ldm1839
Old Oct 27, 2011, 07:57 PM
United States, WA, Bellevue
Joined Oct 2010
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbyrne View Post
except for the one "hard to get along with" guy lol. blush

Like I said, I voted no but I'd support it if and when it goes through which I suspect it will.

With that said, I am a bit curious. When I made my post, I expected several people to say I agree with you and several to try to convince me that I should change my vote (I have done that before). No one has said either so now I'm wondering if I'm missing something. Why would a dedicated trade section be better than what we have now but with a trade icon added? Seems you are going to limit your audience by using this given what I said before. Am I wrong? I'm open to consideration and a change in my vote.
I have the same opinion. In fact, I'd say the WTT icon should be additive rather than a replacement for 'For Sale' icon. In my experience, nobody ever has refused an offer for cash for something he wanted to trade
coolgg is offline Find More Posts by coolgg