HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2011, 01:48 PM
United States, WI, Mazomanie
Joined Feb 2009
10 Posts
Help!
Will the Tacon Big-Foot 60 accept an EFlite Power 60 Prop Adapter?

The prop adapter that came with my Tacon Big-Foot 60 will not work for the P-51 application I need it for....but the EFlite Power 60 Adapter should. Does anyone know if they have the same adapter hole configuration/size? Hobbypartz and Horizon Hobby both don't seem to be willing to assist. Any assistance would be most appreciated.
Anton53560 is offline Find More Posts by Anton53560
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2011, 03:48 PM
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Aug 2006
2,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton53560 View Post
The prop adapter that came with my Tacon Big-Foot 60 will not work for the P-51 application I need it for....but the EFlite Power 60 Adapter should. Does anyone know if they have the same adapter hole configuration/size? Hobbypartz and Horizon Hobby both don't seem to be willing to assist. Any assistance would be most appreciated.
hobbypartz and Horizon were never too helpful, if Im understanding your question sounds like is all your needing is something to drive the prop, if the one in question fits physically it should work, and be real careful that aluminums cheap and will strip out if ya look at it wrong, been thier done that
lectroglide is offline Find More Posts by lectroglide
Last edited by lectroglide; Oct 12, 2011 at 03:54 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 04:23 PM
Joined Feb 2009
10 Posts
After some reasearch...the the Eflite Prop Adapter that bolts to the motor can has a three bolt pattern. The Tacon is four bolt....I'm looking for something like the link I have here...but that will fit the Tacon Big-Foot 60 motor.

http://www.ehobbies.com/eflm1934.html

The 4 bolt holes are 17mm center to center and are 3mm in diameter to fit a 3mm bolt. Am I making sense?
Old Oct 12, 2011, 07:33 PM
Joined Aug 2006
2,240 Posts
I think your gonna find hobbypartz are exclusive re any of thier motor partz and can only be had thru them, I had a big foot and know the part yor refering to, you might wanna keep trying to contact them or look on thier site, the more I think about it I recall that adaptor going bad on mine and had to buy a new motor, thats what I mean about being exclusive like ford/chevy parts
Last edited by lectroglide; Oct 13, 2011 at 02:41 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 08:19 PM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
17,218 Posts
The E-Flite Power 60 has a bare 6mm shaft that extends from the rotating end of the motor and uses a 6mm collet type prop adapter on that shaft according to this link:

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...60A#quickSpecs

That is contrary to what you describe as a "..Eflite Prop Adapter that bolts to the motor can has a three bolt pattern..."

The Tacon Big Foot 60 does not have the shaft extending from the rotating and (it extends from the opposite end of the motor) and uses a prop adapter that attaches with machine screws and is supplied with the motor according to this link:.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/96m606-big...030-400kv.html

The adapter that is supplied with the Big Foot 60 is called a "rotor end prop adpater" and if you can't get one from a dealer you're not likely to find one that will fit as each of those is unique to that brand of motor.

There are some rotor end adapters for sale here, but there are no dimensions and you don't know if it will fit (it is intended for another motor).

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...Adapter/Detail

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes
Old Oct 12, 2011, 10:09 PM
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
529 Posts
Quote:
That is a 50mm diameter motor. This bolt on prop adapter may be a direct fit to the Tacon bolt pattern. Question is will it fit you P-51 application??

http://www.valuehobby.com/product_de...39&item_id=408

I'm running a Tacon 110 in my 3DHS 71" slick. It is a 60mm diameter motor and the prop adapter for the 60mm Value Hobby GForce motors fit perfectly. They are usually in stock and the pricing is reasonable.
Capt. Roll is offline Find More Posts by Capt. Roll
Old Oct 13, 2011, 09:44 PM
Joined Feb 2009
10 Posts
Thanks everyone for your advice!!

I did manage to find a small machine shop that is willing to turn an aluminum rotor end adapter to my specifications fo $50.00 A little pricey, but good to know I can go this route if I need to...plus they will drill out the end of my current adapter and thread it to fit a bolt for attaching my P-51 spinner for a $10.00 fee....we shall see how it goes.
Last edited by Anton53560; Oct 13, 2011 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Want to add another issue
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:40 PM
Joined Aug 2006
2,240 Posts
glad it worked out
Old Oct 14, 2011, 08:26 AM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
17,218 Posts
Quote:
Thanks everyone for your advice!!

I did manage to find a small machine shop that is willing to turn an aluminum rotor end adapter to my specifications fo $50.00 A little pricey, but good to know I can go this route if I need to...plus they will drill out the end of my current adapter and thread it to fit a bolt for attaching my P-51 spinner for a $10.00 fee....we shall see how it goes.
Another way to do it would be to reverse the shaft or fit a new shaft that extends out from the rotor end. That will let you use the easily found and one size fits all collet type prop adapter.

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes
Old Oct 16, 2011, 11:50 PM
United States, CA, Ontario
Joined Mar 2002
7,788 Posts
I have a big little screamer edf motor on a falcon 120 pusher prop/jet like plane , i got a prop adapter from cermark , it fit over the end of the bell but the holes didnt line up , i removed the bell from the motor , re-drilled and taped the holes , didnt take more that a half hour ....
Dennis Everett is online now Find More Posts by Dennis Everett