SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 23, 2011, 10:27 PM
Registered User
VA
Joined Nov 2009
2,682 Posts
thats what I found also. I plan on mine taking right many hits so checking out alternative setups.
pug398 is offline Find More Posts by pug398
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2011, 07:02 PM
My RC builds in my profile.
daign's Avatar
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
2,572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pug398 View Post
daign did you mean 5x3? I had to source them from two different suppliers so hopefully the cw match the ccw.
Yup my bad. Different Projecr. I need a source for 5x3 props. I plan on running 2s.
daign is offline Find More Posts by daign
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 09:51 AM
Honey,just one more thing
spudandretti's Avatar
Rensselaer,IN
Joined Jan 2003
3,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daign View Post
Yup my bad. Different Projecr. I need a source for 5x3 props. I plan on running 2s.
Me too, HK is out. Anybody?
spudandretti is offline Find More Posts by spudandretti
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 09:57 AM
MyFlyDream
erazotropa's Avatar
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2010
414 Posts
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11315

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11314
erazotropa is offline Find More Posts by erazotropa
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 12:52 PM
Design > Build > Fly
Qrome's Avatar
Arizona, USA
Joined Feb 2005
3,908 Posts
I just ordered some, thanks. I am going to try the 5030 and the 5030 Triblades.
Qrome is offline Find More Posts by Qrome
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 12:57 PM
Master of Flash
LazyZero's Avatar
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,580 Posts
These props are very bad Produced. I was not able to balance them. Now they are in the trash can.

Better go for the 3 blate from GWS. Check goodluckbuy.com or hobbydreams.com
LazyZero is offline Find More Posts by LazyZero
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 02:34 PM
Honey,just one more thing
spudandretti's Avatar
Rensselaer,IN
Joined Jan 2003
3,098 Posts
Thanks guys, did finally go back to HK and see those Erazotropa. Did get some. Going to order some 3 bladers LazyZero if I can't get the standard ones balanced. Bud
spudandretti is offline Find More Posts by spudandretti
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 05:32 PM
Registered User
AlPackin's Avatar
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
1,042 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyZero View Post
These props are very bad Produced. I was not able to balance them. Now they are in the trash can.

Better go for the 3 blate from GWS. Check goodluckbuy.com or hobbydreams.com
thanks for the link, I just ordered the GWS 5030s from goodluckbuy.com
AlPackin is offline Find More Posts by AlPackin
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 10:36 PM
Registered User
slim1357's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Dec 2010
536 Posts
Finished mine

Not sure if the image file is attached, smartphones....
Anyhow I had to use aluminum standoffs because I couldn't find what I wanted in nylon from a local hardware store. Got my three blade gws 5030 props from rcdude.com. I was able to get them to work with prop savers using the twist method with the o-rings. They dont seem to sit level while static but are fine in flight. Definitely saved me from a bent shaft while tuning the board. I have some adapters otw so I will try those when they arrive.
I got HK motors like the ones recommended in the op. I added a little epoxy where the wires go in for strain relief. Some of the set screws for the shaft were quite loose so if you use the same motors, tighten them down prior to maiden flight. running on proton/hobbywing 12a escs and gens ace 800mah 3s. FC board is a HK KK board running quad x 1.7.
I'm reasonably certain I am going to break an arm or two so I will likely be ordering a spare frame. Any chance there might be cf or a similar material available in the future?
slim1357 is offline Find More Posts by slim1357
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 01:42 AM
Multicopter Addict
braindead4554's Avatar
Southwest Minnesota
Joined Feb 2010
718 Posts
^^ added pic to front page thanks!

Whats the weight of your quad?
braindead4554 is offline Find More Posts by braindead4554
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 03:19 AM
Registered User
slim1357's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Dec 2010
536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead4554 View Post
^^ added pic to front page thanks!

Whats the weight of your quad?
With a battery, 318 grams
Just like me it needs to go on a diet.
It hovers at just over mid stick. I haven't had an opportunity to check flight times yet. Motors are slightly warm after about 3 minutes.
slim1357 is offline Find More Posts by slim1357
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:58 PM
Registered User
VA
Joined Nov 2009
2,682 Posts
Wow, nice job getting it done. I just got the motors in this afternoon.
I had tried a 5g 3500kv micro motor with the 5030 and it started off a real powerhouse but bearings were gone in less than 10 minutes See another one more suited after I try out the 1811-2000 on the first frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim1357 View Post
Not sure if the image file is attached, smartphones....
Anyhow I had to use aluminum standoffs because I couldn't find what I wanted in nylon from a local hardware store. Got my three blade gws 5030 props from rcdude.com. I was able to get them to work with prop savers using the twist method with the o-rings. They dont seem to sit level while static but are fine in flight. Definitely saved me from a bent shaft while tuning the board. I have some adapters otw so I will try those when they arrive.
I got HK motors like the ones recommended in the op. I added a little epoxy where the wires go in for strain relief. Some of the set screws for the shaft were quite loose so if you use the same motors, tighten them down prior to maiden flight. running on proton/hobbywing 12a escs and gens ace 800mah 3s. FC board is a HK KK board running quad x 1.7.
I'm reasonably certain I am going to break an arm or two so I will likely be ordering a spare frame. Any chance there might be cf or a similar material available in the future?
pug398 is offline Find More Posts by pug398
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 09:26 AM
Design > Build > Fly
Qrome's Avatar
Arizona, USA
Joined Feb 2005
3,908 Posts
I am just waiting on the props for now. Fully ground tested.
Qrome is offline Find More Posts by Qrome
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 10:40 AM
MyFlyDream
erazotropa's Avatar
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2010
414 Posts
Just received 2 micro quad frames.. cant wait to build!
erazotropa is offline Find More Posts by erazotropa
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:22 AM
Registered User
VA
Joined Nov 2009
2,682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrome View Post
I am just waiting on the props for now. Fully ground tested.
What size screws did you use in the motor mounts? Nice looking setup.
pug398 is offline Find More Posts by pug398
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion My Ghetto Quad - 1 WiiM+ & 1 Arduino Pro Mini - Exposed wiring troynh Aerial Photography 141 Nov 20, 2011 09:58 AM
Discussion HK has a new mini quad frame Pintac Multirotor Talk 20 Sep 28, 2011 11:04 AM
Discussion My 9" Mini Quad. Scotth72 Multirotor Talk 16 Apr 18, 2011 03:50 PM
Wanted WTB:Pocket quad/mini quad....roller/parts marz1 Non R/C Items (FS/W) 0 Apr 13, 2011 07:30 PM