Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:13 PM
Dawg, Junkyard, 1 ea.
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Feb 2012
262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpsporb View Post
[B] I followed ops in that area when the Canucks were in a combat role there.
I'll never forgive the Canucks for leaving and taking the Tim Horton's coffee/donut shop with them! They had the best donuts... Prolly the best thing for my waistline, tho... Daily "fat pills" weren't gonna help it.
Terrier is offline Find More Posts by Terrier
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:22 PM
Dawg, Junkyard, 1 ea.
Joined Feb 2012
262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob4432 View Post
while the pads on the "F10A" escs are smaller, they are still spaced 1.27mm apart, so if you are ordering pogo pins, make sure to get the spear type one. also, the F10A pins are in a different order than the F20A/F30A units
You sure about that? I put an F20 right up to a F10, and the pads were narrower. They measured narrower center-to-center on pads 1-6, too, but I was using an eyeball on a ruler.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:21 PM
United States, AZ
Joined May 2010
1,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob4432 View Post
while the pads on the "F10A" escs are smaller, they are still spaced 1.27mm apart, so if you are ordering pogo pins, make sure to get the spear type one. also, the F10A pins are in a different order than the F20A/F30A units

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrier View Post
You sure about that? I put an F20 right up to a F10, and the pads were narrower. They measured narrower center-to-center on pads 1-6, too, but I was using an eyeball on a ruler.
Hey Terrier how you doing? Hopefully well

I grabbed a set of calipers and the microscope (well sat down at it as it weight 60-70#s ) and you are correct, it appears the F20A/F30A are 1.50mm c-c where the F10A are 1.27mm c-c - the pads on the F20A/F30A are wide enough to take up the 'slack' when I am using the pogo pin adapters, but if you get a F20A/F30A that has a bit skinny pad, my adapter would not serve me well. I will be making a new F20A/F30A adapter reflecting this change. I have used 1.27mm, 2.54mm, 2.0mm, but not 1.50mm till this point . Nice catch

Brian
bob4432 is offline Find More Posts by bob4432
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:44 PM
Dawg, Junkyard, 1 ea.
Joined Feb 2012
262 Posts
Vindicated!

Doin' okay. Home at the moment... going back on Sunday.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:05 PM
United States, AZ
Joined May 2010
1,820 Posts
Quote:
Vindicated!

Doin' okay. Home at the moment... going back on Sunday.
Yeah, the 1.5mm sure is a weird measurement, once I get the 1.5mm adapters back I will verify they are indeed 100% accurate. HK probably made them 1.43mm or something weird like that just to mess w/ us

Excellent to hear you have been home, hope all is going well and most importantly stay safe
bob4432 is offline Find More Posts by bob4432
Old Feb 16, 2013, 05:44 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,637 Posts
Quote:
I'll never forgive the Canucks for leaving and taking the Tim Horton's coffee/donut shop with them! They had the best donuts... Prolly the best thing for my waistline, tho... Daily "fat pills" weren't gonna help it.
mmm Donuuts! and Timbits too... those little darlings are a varied party in your mouth! hehe
I should ship you an apple-fritter for your Bday, but by the time it gets to the 'Ghan... it'll be hard as a hockey puck!
Aww bummer, I was wondering if Timmys was still on the boardwalk. Stay safe when you head back-over, and becareful if you're flying around the "cesspool lake"
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:17 AM
Dawg, Junkyard, 1 ea.
Joined Feb 2012
262 Posts
Ahhhh... the Poo Pond. Stuff that dreams are made of...

Tim Hortons moved from the Boardwalk over to the Canuck compound near to the bazaar after a little dispute with the base, but when the Canadians left, it left, too.... always a line to get in, no matter the time of day.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:15 PM
United States, UT, Herriman
Joined Mar 2010
55 Posts
I need some help. I'm looking to do micro fpv. The only motors in stock atm at HK US warehouse are the 1811 2900kv ones. I heard you use these with 6-10amp escs + 5030 props + 2S 800 mah lipo right? Can this setup handle 30 grams extra weight (for fpv)? If so, is flight time over 5 mins?
these motors http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=8142

So my full setup would be
Turnigy 800mah 2S
HK plush 10amp esc
Bluesky frame + fpv plate
5.8ghz 200mw vtx
808 #16 keychain
KK2 board

Is this unreasonable for 5 mins?

Should I just wait for the 1811 2000kv and use 3s?
ueadian is offline Find More Posts by ueadian
Last edited by ueadian; Feb 17, 2013 at 09:21 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:01 PM
Team WarpSquad, y'all!
United States, AL, Guntersville
Joined Dec 2012
819 Posts
ueadian, there are a couple of US sources for 2000Kv 1811s:

http://gothelirc.com/shopdisplayprod...135&cat=iPower

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...0-Sport/Detail
Moto Moto is online now Find More Posts by Moto Moto
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:40 PM
United States, UT, Herriman
Joined Mar 2010
55 Posts
K, but will these give me the time I'm looking for + the weight lifting?
ueadian is offline Find More Posts by ueadian
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:07 AM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpsporb View Post
@Terrier: Enjoy your Vaca away from the 'ghan, I thought your flight vids from Kandahar were pretty neat! I followed ops in that area when the Canucks were in a combat role there.
I just got some HK blueseries 12A ESCs, and they are a few grams heavier than the F10s... so for my weight concious builds I will use the F10s.

@LazyZero: Much thanks Christian, your tool worked Vunderbar!
I grounded the ESCs this time and using bs.hex w/bootloader.... they all flashed much too easily! The pogo-pins work great @absorbing natural hand-shake/movements and the whole job was done in 5-10 minutes compared to "hours of frustration" using my home-made wire rig. haha

@Banjo: Hey Andrew, of course my F10 LazyAdapter is available for your use, It's a beautiful thing that works flawlessly and is German engineered.
I haven't flashed larger yet... and will try using my HK Atmel flashing tool for the 1st time on the BS 12A ESCs I just recieved. It should be ez pz with that tool.
and thanks, the V-tail frame style really is great for EZ orientation, flying a quad right after... it doesn't seem as right, and you have to "imagine" the nose and tail of the quad. Yaw rate does seem to be quite Hi doesn't it? Hmm maybe a Low-rates Yaw setting will help make wider turns instead of sooo abruptly, and keep the Hi-rates setting for crazy piros! heh
take care mate.

P.S. I thought the V-tail was a bit slow to react and just found that my TX settings for the V were all mixed up! Ail on Hi-rates was only @65%! + 30% expo, I changed-out some settings... and now she's set-up much more agile. yay!
Hi,

nice to see that the Adapter arrived securely in Canada. And that it works so good for you.

Best Christian
LazyZero is offline Find More Posts by LazyZero
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:12 AM
United States, MS, Tupelo
Joined Jun 2012
357 Posts
Hey guys. For those of you using the Turnigy 1811 2900kv motors, what battery are you using? I've got some Turnigy NanoTech 460 mah and 850 mah batteries. Both are 2s and 25c constant / 40c burst. Would either work or do I need to go with the 850 mah to have enough amps? I see that this motor draws 5.5 amps at full throttle, so max current draw is 22 amps for all four. 0.460 * 25 = 11.5 (not even close) 0.850 * 25 = 21.25 (close enough) ?

Or am I missing something? I think I read that some of you are using 2s 500 mah batteries. How are you getting enough amps? Or are your batteries rated for 50c constant discharge?
installerblizz is online now Find More Posts by installerblizz
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:52 AM
Team WarpSquad, y'all!
Joined Dec 2012
819 Posts
installerblizz, you shouldn't need full throttle very much, so the burst rating applies to that. Get a voltage monitor that beeps on low voltage and you can tell if you're pulling too much current. The 850 should be fine, and the 500 will work if you're not flying too aggressively, but I'd suggest higher C ratings on your next buy. I use 45-90C Nanotechs.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:07 PM
Team WarpSquad, y'all!
Joined Dec 2012
819 Posts
Was the "Experimental G10 version" of this frame mentioned in the first post ever spotted in the wild?
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:27 PM
United States, MS, Tupelo
Joined Jun 2012
357 Posts
Thanks Moto. I already fly with a voltage monitor. I forgot that the voltage will sag if I try to draw more current than the battery can put out. I guess I'll fly and see!
installerblizz is online now Find More Posts by installerblizz