HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 19, 2003, 01:00 AM
Lurker
Longmont, Colorado
Joined Nov 2000
493 Posts
KČ's new store for parkflyers

Well it could be noted as a blessing to some that I have been somewhat absent from the parkflyers forum as of late.

I have just recently (2 hours ago) quit my short lived job at our local hobby store here in Longmont, Colorado. There were many things that I liked about working at this store. The people aspect was one of the best. I really liked teaching the prospective new pilots and even more so, I enjoyed learning from those with more experience.

I have enjoyed the experience so much that I have decided to open up my own store. There is a lack of easy access to many of the electric parts and kits that make our hobby so much fun. Those along the front range will now have a place to come if they need a part quickly. I have ordered a CNC foam cutter and plan to offer foam blanks while you wait. I have some other plans for the cutter but I will wait on those for now.

I will have an indoor R/C track equipped with an ozite surface and an AMB timing system. I am also working on trying to get an airfield close by so that we have a specific place to fly electrics.

The location is in the same complex as our last funfly for those of you that have made our previous event.

I have worked with both Mountain Models and Stevens Aero. These two men have set very high standards for their businesses. It is my desire to strive to meet those same standards. I will embrace Doug's motto of "We sell fun" and Bill's incredible ingenuity.

This hobby has given so much to me and I hope to be able to contribute in a small way. I will keep you posted on the progress. I hope to open in about a month. Please wish me luck!

KonstantKrash is offline Find More Posts by KonstantKrash
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2003, 02:20 AM
Irvine, CA
Joined Apr 2003
1,340 Posts
KK,

I commend you! It takes guts and a true love of this hobby to go out and do what you are doing.

Believe it or not, I often dream about opening my own RC airplane hobby store (cyber and traditional store fronts) but I have an addiction I cannot seem to break. It is this addiction which keeps me from doing what you are doing. I am addicted to my rather fat paycheck.

Maybe someday I may get laid off. If that happens, then who knows... I may follow in your foot steps.

For now, good luck and when you open (cyber store), I will support you.

hk
hyperknight is offline Find More Posts by hyperknight
Old Sep 19, 2003, 06:34 AM
Buffalo Intl, New York, United States
Joined Feb 2002
1,062 Posts
Good Luck and keep us updated to store openings and such.

--jer
jet_jer is offline Find More Posts by jet_jer
Old Sep 19, 2003, 09:13 AM
mdh
Account Closed
Erie, Colorado
Joined Sep 2002
34 Posts
KK,

Best wishes on your new venture. I look forward to your opening.

Mike
mdh is offline Find More Posts by mdh
Old Sep 19, 2003, 09:33 AM
What Canary?
Huntsville, AL USA
Joined Jul 2000
1,726 Posts
KK,

You sure have a lot of intestinal fortitude! Planning on an open house during the mile-high fun fly? Good luck and let us know when the sales will begin. Are you going to have a consignment area?

P.S. you will offer a substantial discount to fellow Coloradoans right
KeithK is offline Find More Posts by KeithK
Old Sep 19, 2003, 09:34 AM
Foam Flyer
Stockbridge, Georgia, United States
Joined Jan 2003
2,931 Posts
Yes, good luck on the new store!

On the CNC foam cutter, just a few points in case you have never used one. I am by no means an expert, but have had one for a few months now and learned a great deal about using it. If you don't know how to use AutoCad, learn ( I still don't know much about it, but can much around it and get stuff done). If you are going to use one that uses Gilles Mullers CNC software, your going to have to convert the shapes you want cut into a .dat or .cor file for his program to be able to read them.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to email me or pm me your email and I will be happy to pass along what I have learned. Not to mention some links to helpful sites if you don't have them already.

Glenn
Depdog is offline Find More Posts by Depdog
Old Sep 19, 2003, 12:35 PM
Lurker
Longmont, Colorado
Joined Nov 2000
493 Posts
Hyperknight,

I did get laid off from my nice big fat paycheck. That along with my addiction to this hobby got me started on this path.

Old Sep 19, 2003, 12:38 PM
Lurker
Longmont, Colorado
Joined Nov 2000
493 Posts
KeithK,

Discounts abound for all Coloradoans. As a matter of fact, just for you I will only charge you half on any advice you need.

For everybody else it is the same rate.

Old Sep 19, 2003, 12:39 PM
Lurker
Longmont, Colorado
Joined Nov 2000
493 Posts
Glenn,

You can bet I'll be in touch. I hope you charge as much as I do for advice.

Old Sep 19, 2003, 12:42 PM
Under tension
Johnstown, Colorado
Joined May 2002
880 Posts
Woohoo!!!! That is the best news to hit Northern Colorado.

Scott
citabria is offline Find More Posts by citabria
Old Sep 19, 2003, 01:09 PM
Colorado Front Range, USA, EARTH, Sol system, Milkyway Galaxy
Joined Nov 2001
2,356 Posts
K^2,

If you ever need any help moving stuff, setting up shelves, building stuff or anything like that let me know.

I come cheap, somthing on the order of a Beer, for big jobs a couple of pieces of pizza.

I really want to see you succeed.

I am also available to test stuff out in any of my planes

Later,

David
The Other Dave is offline Find More Posts by The Other Dave
Old Sep 19, 2003, 01:53 PM
What Canary?
Huntsville, AL USA
Joined Jul 2000
1,726 Posts

Tell me more about the foam cutting. Are you going to stock and cut EPP as well? What type files will you be able to accept?

the other KČ
KeithK is offline Find More Posts by KeithK
Old Sep 19, 2003, 02:58 PM
Ancaster, Ontario, Canada
Joined Nov 2000
2,525 Posts
Your effort is commendable, however be sure there is a solid local market for electrics in your area (and not just you looking for them )

Paul
Paul Penney is offline Find More Posts by Paul Penney
Old Sep 19, 2003, 03:01 PM
Lookin' Good. Real Good.
London, Canada
Joined Aug 2002
3,979 Posts
Way to go! If you ever have a virutal store, I'll try to order form you!!!
larsy87 is offline Find More Posts by larsy87
Old Sep 19, 2003, 03:03 PM
I fly, therefore I crash
NY
Joined Mar 2002
282 Posts
It sounds like a lot of hard work that will be a lot of fun. Do let us know when the website goes up so we can support you while supporting ourselves!

Don't forget the plexiglass tub to test out rc boats or for people to have a little rc time while in the store, and the electronic overhead board showing which channels people are currently using on the nearby field. Don't want any radio testing in the store while there's a bird in the air!
van-S is offline Find More Posts by van-S