HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 13, 2011, 07:52 AM
United States, UT, Syracuse
Joined Oct 2009
544 Posts
They sent it to me balanced and ready to go.
Flip Flop is offline Find More Posts by Flip Flop
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2011, 09:56 AM
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Jun 2004
165 Posts
Fan repitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
I knew this was coming....What did the world do before the internet???.......I was a ducted fan columnist at the time and kept up with what was going on around the world...EVERYONE knew to increase thrust on the Dynamax you removed half of the stators and used JB Weld to fill in the screw holes...Then, a guy named Ralph Dibiasse (SP??) out of Florida was re-pitching Dynamax fans to load the fan more for the newly released OS .91---After all, the Dynamax was originally designed for the OS .65---Low and behold...The RAMTECH was born with its re-pitched blades and lower stator count....What a surprise?!?!?!????...Didn't take much engineering skill to take what was already a given and sell it...Don't try to trump me...I've been doing this longer than most......

Kevin
HI KEVEN. THIS "IS" RALPH DIBIASE!! Thanks for remembering me..I also wrote colums for JPO.....TOMS fan was way ahead of its time, and power available at that time. MR COOK is still a great inovator for the hobby. I like the DYNAMAX because ,it works ,sounds great,and you can carry a spare rotor or blades in case of a carsh or fod damage.I had MANY of my ideas scooped up by other companys,airspeed indicator,tuned pipe design ,air operated wheel brakes,fuel injection,two glow plugs,head button design.Just to name a few...Just buy what you are happy with.. with in your buget.You dont have to have ,the latest greatest,hot thing this week.Its hard to find products not made in CHINA.If you feel it is good and SAFE,try it. We will never have the cheap,almost free labor CHINA has,so hard to compete price wise.All watches tell time,ROLEX or MICKY MOUSE.YOU..put the value and importance on the products.Be safe have fun.. KEVEN,GREAT TO SEE YOU ARE STILL INVOLVED IN THE HOBBY. "GREAT WESTERN" IS STILL A SUPER EVENT.
RAPPTORS is online now Find More Posts by RAPPTORS
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:19 AM
RA-TA-MA-HAT-TA
Melbourne, Australia.
Joined Feb 2010
3,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaticus View Post
Amazing discussion...

Who's copying who?
Just by going on the shape of the blade, the stumax and changesun aren't the same.

Who's got a picture of schubler's blades?
munce31 is offline Find More Posts by munce31
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:25 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
---I didn't see this much of a fuss when RamTech came out with their obvious Dynamax copy---And it wasn't the Chinese that built it...
Oh... there is still a fuss today about this.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:29 AM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
rabble rabble rabble!!!!
gundamnitpete is offline Find More Posts by gundamnitpete
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:49 AM
USA, UT, Springville
Joined Dec 2005
1,877 Posts
Bring on all the fuss. More advertisement. This already made the "Hot Thread" list.
therealhiphop is offline Find More Posts by therealhiphop
Old Oct 13, 2011, 02:04 PM
Finland
Joined Jul 2004
681 Posts
When and from where I can get one.. ?
Ceeray is online now Find More Posts by Ceeray
Old Oct 13, 2011, 02:15 PM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
they'll prolly be on hobbyking soon
Old Oct 13, 2011, 03:26 PM
if you see a weed, pick it
Devon England
Joined Oct 2006
355 Posts
Theres no way i can afford a high cost fan , and worrying about crashing the plane it was in would ruin the fun of flying if i could, But i realy want that woosh sound! if this is the right price i will be buying one for a scale project.
malakiblunt is offline Find More Posts by malakiblunt
Old Oct 13, 2011, 03:42 PM
Capt. Z
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2004
2,653 Posts
Cost of airframe not a factor. I fly a Stu fan in a $165 foam flyfly Hawk and fly the snot out of it. Just cuz you have a $350 fan does not automaticly mean you must upgrade to composit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip Flop View Post
I really like this fan, it is decent quality,has great sound and is a perfect match for my $180
Sniper. I could not see myself putting Stus fan in a $180 airframe.
Now on the other hand if I was going to buy a full composite JTM viper jet then I would buy
Stus fan.
falcon5 is offline Find More Posts by falcon5
Old Oct 13, 2011, 03:50 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
I agree. if you like a specific fan and airframe, who cares what you spend on it. I've seen a very nice looking Starmax F-16/Stumax combo and it looks good, sounds good and goes as good is it sounds and looks. I see nothing wrong with putting a $500 fan in a $100 airframe if that's what you enjoy. I also see nothing wrong with putting a $100 (or less) fan in a the same airframe, or a cheaper one for that matter. I say do what makes you happy, but more importantly, do what you can afford. I don't have to spend thousands to get the same enjoyment as someone else who does. my cheap little Sapac Eurofighter gives me just as much enjoyment as someone elses BVM plane. know what I mean?
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Oct 13, 2011, 04:12 PM
Joined Oct 2009
544 Posts
I can agree with that, to each his own. Thats why having choices is so nice.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 04:19 PM
Capt. Z
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2004
2,653 Posts
Any word on cost or did I miss that somewhere?
falcon5 is offline Find More Posts by falcon5
Old Oct 13, 2011, 04:38 PM
Joined Oct 2009
544 Posts
Not yet, but I would guess between $25-45.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 05:12 PM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
Considering I bought changsun's other 90mm assembled motor and fan for $50, I bet this fan will be under $50