HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:03 AM
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined May 2011
3,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fooyukvoon View Post
Do u hv a picture of this hole saw? A bit difficult explaining what one wants over here.

Thanks.
This is the one myself and some others are referring to...

http://richontools.com/index.php?mai...d660d25c1b7e30
anlucas is online now Find More Posts by anlucas
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:18 AM
Cyprus, Limassol, Pareklisia
Joined Mar 2012
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC View Post
I bought a "40mm diamond tipped hole saw".... for $4 from eBay. (there is pretty well only one place selling them)
You can then just "drill" out the motor hole to be larger.
I also bought a 41mm one, but did not need to use that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figure9 View Post
This has been suggested before I think
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC View Post
When boring out a hole, if you don't use something exactly the required diameter.... and preferably opening it out only bit by bit (in steps of diameter size).... then the error ability is large.
A flapper brush like that.... extremely error prone! In guidance direction and diameter.

But I expect it would still make something that worked. (even if wonky... as long as it has the motor clearance to allow the motor mount/face to assure the motor ends up straight.)

I wasn't really sure about the holesaw idea, but when I got them it showed they are perfect for that task.... because they have a slightly tapered leading edge, thus that goes into the stock hole and automatically leads it accurately down the 'path' it needs to go, and the diamond surface on that taper eats out the housing to then be the outer holesaw diameter (40mm... or a 41mm one etc). Plus the holesaw is 30mm long, or whatever, so very quickly it all forms a guided 'tube in a tube' which also assures perfect accuracy is maintained all the way to the end.
So it was ideal to use those holesaws.... if you want to end up with a perfectly machined and aligned CS12 motor tube.
Thanks Guys for your sugestions, i'm stil nervous about doing it though! ah well, "in for a penny in for a pound"
Sorry! and anlucas
1Eye is offline Find More Posts by 1Eye
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:43 AM
The Need4Speed
Malaysia, Perak, Ipoh
Joined Aug 2008
933 Posts
Thanks, now I can just show them a picture of it without performing weird contortions with my fingers. .
fooyukvoon is offline Find More Posts by fooyukvoon
Old Feb 23, 2013, 09:57 PM
Keith Thomas
United States, NM, Portales
Joined Feb 2010
1,159 Posts
I finally got to test fly my CS 90 that I got from Air-Jon. I flew it in a HK Mig on 7s.

She was smoking, probably as fast, or close to my Habu 32 running 7s but sounds a lot better!

Nice work on the fan Air-Jon.
keithtsr is online now Find More Posts by keithtsr
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:01 PM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
3,672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithtsr View Post
I finally got to test fly my CS 90 that I got from Air-Jon. I flew it in a HK Mig on 7s.

She was smoking, probably as fast, or close to my Habu 32 running 7s but sounds a lot better!

Congrats Keith...glad to hear it went well!
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:31 PM
Keith Thomas
Joined Feb 2010
1,159 Posts
Thanks Damon. We need to go to the airport to fly Jets. Our field sucks, it's so ruff, it ripped the gear out on take off. I yanked it off the ground anyway.

I was just amazed at the little cheap HK Mig flew. The CS fan is not bad at all, I do have the one piece unit that I'm going to give a shot.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:47 PM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
3,672 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Damon. We need to go to the airport to fly Jets. Our field sucks, it's so ruff, it ripped the gear out on take off. I yanked it off the ground anyway.

I was just amazed at the little cheap HK Mig flew. The CS fan is not bad at all, I do have the one piece unit that I'm going to give a shot.
Ouch...that sucks. We're you able to land it safely?
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:26 AM
Keith Thomas
Joined Feb 2010
1,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonH View Post
Ouch...that sucks. We're you able to land it safely?
Yes and no. I pulled the gear up or so I thought a flew on. I knew I was going to have to bring it on it's belly. For the most part it went well, ended up taking most of the day to fix it!

Good to go now.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:44 PM
Fly now crash later
Canada, ON, Newmarket
Joined Nov 2006
2,248 Posts
Quote:

Quote:

Still flying mine with the CS with a warhead 1350 on 7S. Same problems with grass here, I get some times at nice fields.
davecrash is offline Find More Posts by davecrash
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:55 PM
Keith Thomas
Joined Feb 2010
1,159 Posts
I just flew the little Mig again this morning. It is probably the most over looked little jet I've seen. It is a little on the small side so you have to plan out where stuff is going to go.

The CS fan really pushes it along very nicely.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:30 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Oct 2004
1,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771 View Post
X-flight does have some spare blades for the fan 22usd

This motor looks promising, good cooling and 8mm shaft...I don't think it'll burn up or give you trouble...just no one has but it to thrust test yet...should be around 9-10lbs at 3000k watts.

Fan sounds really good in the FF model in the YT vids I've seen.

It's proven..

Please show pics....I have a FF Hawk in the garage screaming to be built and repainted T-45 colors
Sorry mate, this thread moves so fast I missed your response, so here are some pictures of where I'm at, but I have just sorted out my most recent delay of how to do the elevators. will be posting that soon. any more info is in this thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...t=mk127&page=5

Looking at the data people are posting and the fact that I am running a 100A ESC on this one I am starting to lean towards a 1200kv motor for this setup and give myself some amp's headroom. the DrMad 1200kv looks good other than the 5mm shaft, but has anyone posted some data around this motor/fan combo?

Thanks

Dave

P.S. I have ordered the replacement fanblade set, even though it is only $8 more for the whole fan unit!
ticketec is offline Find More Posts by ticketec
Old Feb 26, 2013, 05:25 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,756 Posts
Why dont you just get the HET 8mm shaft 1125Kv while they are on special...
http://www.extremerc.com.au/estore/i...oducts_id=1154
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:31 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Oct 2004
1,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_RC View Post
Why dont you just get the HET 8mm shaft 1125Kv while they are on special...
http://www.extremerc.com.au/estore/i...oducts_id=1154
ok ok, done!

I haven't seen any figures for this setup or have I missed something?

Thanks

dave
ticketec is offline Find More Posts by ticketec
Old Feb 27, 2013, 07:21 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,756 Posts
I dont think there has been much testing in the 1100-1200Kv range, but the 1125 is a better choice than the 1200 for this sort of setup, in the stumax the 1125 was also the better choice, mild 8s around 75 amps, very strong 10s.

If you want a hotter 8s setup then I have the 1400Kv on special also, I tested that at 109 amps for 4.3kg thrust. The 1500Kv on 6s is also nice, around 3.2-3.3kg thrust for only 87A on 6s5000 packs.
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Feb 27, 2013, 08:05 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
11,771 Posts
Mark, did you have any CS12 results for the 1125kv on 8S? Or even something that could give at least a reference to that?

Or maybe someone else has run one?

To me, the 1125kv on 8S is a dead match for 1500kv on 6S, in RPM mathematically. But would it really be is result? I would think so.... but......
Both 33,300 RPM at the cell count volts... not just close, but exactly. So if the 1500kv 6s is 1900W (87A) area, then the 1125kv 8S should be 65A area doing that.
????
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member