HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:52 AM
scunna
scunna's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, South Shields
Joined May 2007
572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ64 View Post
Still learning to use mine, Scunna.

You can't run the fan WOT during balancing.

Perhaps I'm being a tad too careful.

But I think that once I get the feel for the balancer, it's going to be another one of those "must have" tools...

BJ
I use mine on all of my fans, i think it is an excellent investment if your serious about edf. Use a 2s lipo and a cheap servo tester, once u get the knack of it its easy to use. All of the cs-10 fans have had to have no weight added, just use the clock method and keep checking on balancer and your sorted. . extremerc shaft adapters play a big part in this, they are perfect.
scunna is offline Find More Posts by scunna
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:58 AM
scunna
scunna's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, South Shields
Joined May 2007
572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771 View Post
Hey scunna, I have one of those but the bulb was broking out of the arm.

You happen to know what kinda strobe light is being used or is it an LED?

Regards
When i stripped mine apart to put batteries in, it looked just like a usb light for pc. I dont think the light is that important any led light will do. check here

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...081834&page=11
scunna is offline Find More Posts by scunna
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:13 AM
The wheels touch down FIRST??
BJ64's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
24,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scunna View Post
I use mine on all of my fans, i think it is an excellent investment if your serious about edf. Use a 2s lipo and a cheap servo tester, once u get the knack of it its easy to use. All of the cs-10 fans have had to have no weight added, just use the clock method and keep checking on balancer and your sorted. . extremerc shaft adapters play a big part in this, they are perfect.
So how do you work out if it needs weight added or not?

And once you reckon you don't need to add weight, how do you go about using the clock method with this balancer? Is that just 'fine tuning' then? Do you just go in, say, 10 deg increments, and find the sweet-spot that way?

I thought the process for balancing with this unit was to locate where weight needs to be added (or if ok to do so, removed), and you went from there.

Would you mind spending some time explaining how you do things? I'm keen to learn how to get the finest balance

BJ
BJ64 is offline Find More Posts by BJ64
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:16 AM
scunna
scunna's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, South Shields
Joined May 2007
572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ64 View Post
So how do you work out if it needs weight added or not?

And once you reckon you don't need to add weight, how do you go about using the clock method with this balancer? Is that just 'fine tuning' then? Do you just go in, say, 10 deg increments, and find the sweet-spot that way?

I thought the process for balancing with this unit was to locate where weight needs to be added (or if ok to do so, removed), and you went from there.

Would you mind spending some time explaining how you do things? I'm keen to learn how to get the finest balance

BJ
It does not tell you how much weight to add but it tells you where to put it. By adding small amounts of blue tak you balance it. But if you are getting multi line images on your first atempt you can turn fan by small amounts and get it that way. I have seven cs-10's and none of them needed weight added.
scunna is offline Find More Posts by scunna
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:30 PM
The wheels touch down FIRST??
BJ64's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
24,224 Posts
10 fans, and none needed weight added?

Wow - that's impressive, considering some of the chatter in here.

BJ
BJ64 is offline Find More Posts by BJ64
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:36 PM
Registered User
4stripes's Avatar
Canada, ON, Burlington
Joined Jan 2009
2,896 Posts
10 70mm fans.... A different animal. Using upgrade adapters that fit the motor shaft properly also helps considerably! The 90mm has issues due to its complex blade holder and adapter fit issues. Many more chances of creating an off center rotor, requiring weight to correct.
4stripes is online now Find More Posts by 4stripes
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some photos of the EDF fleet!
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:29 PM
scunna
scunna's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, South Shields
Joined May 2007
572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ64 View Post
10 fans, and none needed weight added?

Wow - that's impressive, considering some of the chatter in here.

BJ
I said 7 fans all cs-10 no weight added. Extreme rc adapters on bl-32 motors are a perfect fit, the ones iam using are 5mm. I have also balanced a cs-12 with no weight added, the adapter was a perfect fit on het 8mm shaft motor. The one in the video is a 5 blade het fan running on 10s with a 1400kv motor, i had to add weight to that one, i reckon its running at 42k rpm
scunna is offline Find More Posts by scunna
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2012, 02:31 AM
Registered User
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ64 View Post
10 fans, and none needed weight added?

Wow - that's impressive, considering some of the chatter in here.

BJ
I've only used the clock method on mine but not all of them are butter smooth like scunnas are.

I have bobsworkshop balancer and going to fit another LED in and give it a try to get one butter smooth.

Have a couple of motors etc I"m going to try
erh7771 is offline Find More Posts by erh7771
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:30 AM
The wheels touch down FIRST??
BJ64's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
24,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scunna View Post
I said 7 fans all cs-10 no weight added. Extreme rc adapters on bl-32 motors are a perfect fit, the ones iam using are 5mm. I have also balanced a cs-12 with no weight added, the adapter was a perfect fit on het 8mm shaft motor. The one in the video is a 5 blade het fan running on 10s with a 1400kv motor, i had to add weight to that one, i reckon its running at 42k rpm
Sorry - 7 cs-10's, not 10 fans.

My bad

I can't get Etrreme RC adapters, so I'll have to make my own.

Thanks for the info

BJ
BJ64 is offline Find More Posts by BJ64
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2012, 03:04 PM
3DHOG
jcdfrd's Avatar
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ64 View Post
Sorry - 7 cs-10's, not 10 fans.

My bad

I can't get Etrreme RC adapters, so I'll have to make my own.

Thanks for the info

BJ
wait your in Australia and you can't get adapters from Extremerc huh!!!! are you on his black list?
jcdfrd is online now Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 03, 2012, 05:48 AM
The wheels touch down FIRST??
BJ64's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
24,224 Posts
Bingo!

BJ
BJ64 is offline Find More Posts by BJ64
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 03, 2012, 06:44 AM
Registered User
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
10,462 Posts
Wow, BJ is 14,120Km from me... and we are both in "Melbourne", Australia!
Must be some sort of space warp between us!
PeterVRC is online now Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:12 AM
Registered User
United States, RI, West Warwick
Joined Mar 2009
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC View Post
Wow, BJ is 14,120Km from me... and we are both in "Melbourne", Australia!
Must be some sort of space warp between us!
Yeah, you're showing as being 10,500 miles away from me. That's one hell of a flight!! BJ is only 3700.
viper1216 is offline Find More Posts by viper1216
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:25 PM
The wheels touch down FIRST??
BJ64's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
24,224 Posts
LoL - yeh, for some reason, the RCG profile page won't let me enter the proper co-ordinates. Stuffs up every time.

So I think I'm listed as being somewhere near Greenwich ??

BJ
BJ64 is offline Find More Posts by BJ64
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:03 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2009
1,263 Posts
Has anyone run this CS12 90mm with an HET 700-68-1500 on 7S?
I have the newer heavier style rotor and on 6S with a freshly charged TP 65C 5000 battery I'm getting about 86A.
Anyone know what the RPM is on 6S with this motor? 7S?

Thanks,

Terry
Chuchuf is offline Find More Posts by Chuchuf
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Zurich sun blocking sun-glasses $40 shipped mjbennett9 Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 7 Oct 06, 2011 10:47 PM
Sold Zurich sun blocking sun-glasses $50 shipped mjbennett9 Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 0 Oct 05, 2011 09:14 PM
Sold Change Sun electric retracts Flip Flop Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 3 May 23, 2011 06:20 AM
Sold Change Sun Electronic retracts w/Lander struts hole digger Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 2 May 06, 2011 01:27 PM
Video 6 and 12 blade 90mm fan sound test tom bacsanyi Electric Plane Talk 3 Dec 10, 2009 07:01 PM