HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:48 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,850 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonH View Post
So Stripes...if I order from x-flight I can expect to receive the new version?
thats the way its lookin I have ordered from x-flight many times and have had pretty good service from them. thats where I would get it
jcdfrd is online now Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Last edited by jcdfrd; Nov 14, 2012 at 10:49 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:15 PM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post
thats the way its lookin I have ordered from x-flight many times and have had pretty good service from them. thats were I would get it
+1, x-flight has set a standard for CS overseas IMHO

I'm going to PU their 90mm blades and run it up with some ignorant power...

see what happens

Wish RC lander would sell the metal shroud for these fans
erh7771 is online now Find More Posts by erh7771
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:33 PM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
3,648 Posts
4stripes, nice video...whats the AUW of your venom? Is the x-flight 1600kv combo pretty decent?
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:12 PM
Canada, ON, Burlington
Joined Jan 2009
3,335 Posts
Sorry but I haven't weighed it but I estimate the weight at 2.5kg. Very light for a 1.5m wingspan!
The CS combo is pretty shoddy BUT can be made to work with some careful reassembly, and dynamic balancing. Everything, including the solder joints of the bullet connectors is suspect (one of mine just fell off before running). This particular combo and another two just like it each took two days of tinkering. Stupid faults like bearings loose in their mounts, flat spots on the motor shaft not filed far enough back to allow the adapter to be fitted as far on the shaft as possible, loose set screws, cut insulation, poorly cut motor wire slots, and the motor shafts are just a hair undersize for 5mm. But after all that, they do work really nicely in my FreewingVenom and Starmax F/A-18. If time is money and you don't have the patience of a monk, I would recommend an inrunner as they setup much better with less hassle. They also tend to be even quieter.
Cheers

EDIT; The plane weighs 2.91kg with battery.

PS The video quality is poor due to it being made on my cell phone but I will try to post another that was videoed with a better camera.
4stripes is offline Find More Posts by 4stripes
Last edited by 4stripes; Nov 15, 2012 at 06:29 PM.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:35 PM
Hey Ya'll!! Watch THIS!!
Nashville TN.
Joined Mar 2006
2,555 Posts
Great Job 4Stripes! You got that thing sounding perfect!! (And I don't say that lightly!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4stripes View Post
Sorry but I haven't weighed it but I estimate the weight at 2.5kg. Very light for a 1.5m wingspan!
The CS combo is pretty shoddy BUT can be made to work with some careful reassembly, and dynamic balancing. Everything, including the solder joints of the bullet connectors is suspect (one of mine just fell off before running). This particular combo and another two just like it each took two days of tinkering. Stupid faults like bearings loose in their mounts, flat spots on the motor shaft not filed far enough back to allow the adapter to be fitted as far on the shaft as possible, loose set screws, cut insulation, poorly cut motor wire slots, and the motor shafts are just a hair undersize for 5mm. But after all that, they do work really nicely in my FreewingVenom and Starmax F/A-18. If time is money and you don't have the patience of a monk, I would recommend an inrunner as they setup much better with less hassle. They also tend to be even quieter.
Cheers

PS The video quality is poor due to it being made on my cell phone but I will try to post another that was videoed with a better camera.
Michael Paxton is offline Find More Posts by Michael Paxton
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:58 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,844 Posts

Good job on the balancing.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:01 PM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
3,648 Posts
Quote:
Cheers

Thanks...I definately dont have the patience of a monk...lol Well actually I do but I also have a 4 year old that takes up alot of my time so its more a time issue for me. I just cant seem to find the time to dedicate to building that I'd like to have
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:53 AM
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Joined Sep 2002
2,925 Posts
Sounds Great! Nice flying too!

tn

Quote:
Here's a link to my latest CS9012 powered Venom (X-flight 1600kv combo). I spent two days dynamic balancing this particular unit...
Thomas Nelson is offline Find More Posts by Thomas Nelson
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:27 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Aug 2011
370 Posts
trying to keep my hopes high. Weighed the individual blades and found them all in the 3 gram range. 1 blade is at 2.9 grams . Would that be a good sign? rings weigh 10 grams.
Torchy is offline Find More Posts by Torchy
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:32 AM
Joined Nov 2005
5,860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchy View Post
trying to keep my hopes high. Weighed the individual blades and found them all in the 3 gram range. 1 blade is at 2.9 grams . Would that be a good sign? rings weigh 10 grams.
Where did you get the unit from?

The HK units are the ones that are suspect IIRC

But if you get the blades rotor alone from HK or got the fan unit from X - Flight then most likely it's good to go
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:39 AM
Joined Aug 2011
370 Posts
got it from HK. got the set with the casing. I am aware that the guys mentioned inconsistent QC with the fan set and that replacement blades are of better quality.

I was just hoping that if the individual blades weigh 3 grams that i would be in the safe zone, as the other attributes like stiffness seem to be good from the order i received.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:56 AM
Joined Nov 2005
5,860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchy View Post
got it from HK. got the set with the casing. I am aware that the guys mentioned inconsistent QC with the fan set and that replacement blades are of better quality.

I was just hoping that if the individual blades weigh 3 grams that i would be in the safe zone, as the other attributes like stiffness seem to be good from the order i received.
I believe you have to weigh it with the blades and top and bottom blade holders...that should be around 51 grams
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:15 AM
United States, GA, Alpharetta
Joined Feb 2009
404 Posts
I received the replacement rotor from Hobby King yesterday and it weighs 52 grams. The blades are very stiff.
rfodor is offline Find More Posts by rfodor
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:36 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2012
39 Posts
x-flight never sent the soft version anyway
EDForever is offline Find More Posts by EDForever
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:41 AM
Joined Aug 2011
370 Posts
Has anyone weighed the good blades with out the rings? Im just curious. Maybe the rings can vary a few grams in productuon
I guess with my 1600kv motor, I will have better chances of not losing the blades