HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:02 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
v8truckin's Avatar
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,764 Posts
Awesome! I didnt use the CS12 shrouds for the reason that i didnt want to hack foam out and if i ever did decide to use another Fan/shroud unit on my plane i was left with a hacked up interior showing on a shorter shroud. I prefer the usual standard length shrouds and the dps looks very nice.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:11 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2012
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDForever View Post
Hey guys...
I'm selling my CS12 if anyones interested.
PNP 8s Setup
HET 700-68-1400 8mm SHAFT
Lander 9 stator Alloy shroud
and the new blades.
Had 20 flights in so far
also selling my CC ICE 100 (up to 8s)

for the fan i'm looking at 160usd Shipped WW
and 100usd for the ESC shipped WW too
(will also send a Field programming card with the ESC)
I'm going for an HV setup
Regarding my fan price has dropped to 145 because I want it to go. And also willing to split parts but, splitting them up is not at the buyers best interest.
The esc was sold this morning on ebay
EDForever is offline Find More Posts by EDForever
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:19 AM
Registered User
ViperVJG73's Avatar
Germany, SH, Neumünster
Joined Dec 2011
445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
Awesome! I didnt use the CS12 shrouds for the reason that i didnt want to hack foam out and if i ever did decide to use another Fan/shroud unit on my plane i was left with a hacked up interior showing on a shorter shroud. I prefer the usual standard length shrouds and the dps looks very nice.
Hi V8, do you use the newer 50gr CS12 rotor for your 6S setup?

Can I use the default 45gr rotor for the Eurofighter with the 6S without problems?

Thanks.
ViperVJG73 is online now Find More Posts by ViperVJG73
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:21 AM
Registered User
4stripes's Avatar
Canada, ON, Burlington
Joined Jan 2009
3,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperVJG73 View Post
Can I use the default 45gr rotor for the Eurofighter with the 6S without problems?

Thanks.
I have had one of the weaker rotors fail at only 1800Watts on 6s. You risk bending the motor shaft, breaking the shroud and any other incidental damage...
I have half a dozen 45g fans that I will never use. It is frustrating to have it fail after spending time setting it up and dynamic balancing.
Cheers
4stripes is online now Find More Posts by 4stripes
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some photos of the EDF fleet!
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:32 AM
Registered User
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
11,519 Posts
What parts weigh the "51g"?
The whole assembly of blades, and rings..... but no shaft adaptor?
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Skyzone Goggles - Button Shield
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:46 AM
Registered User
4stripes's Avatar
Canada, ON, Burlington
Joined Jan 2009
3,145 Posts
Fan without spinner or adapter
4stripes is online now Find More Posts by 4stripes
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some photos of the EDF fleet!
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:00 AM
Registered User
DamonH's Avatar
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
3,513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4stripes View Post
I have had one of the weaker rotors fail at only 1800Watts on 6s. You risk bending the motor shaft, breaking the shroud and any other incidental damage...
I have half a dozen 45g fans that I will never use. It is frustrating to have it fail after spending time setting it up and dynamic balancing.
Cheers
I recently had this exact thing happen to me. Had it all completely dynamically balanced and sounding good. I wanted to do a run up to get amps/watts/thrust before I mounted motor in my Euro and the fan exploded and bent my HTG motor shaft. Luckily it happend on my test sled and not in the plane but at the same time it really sucked to spend all the time, money, and effort and not even get it in the plane. Anyone know where I can get a new motor shaft for a Hobby Top Gun 1600kv motor? Is it worth replacing or too much of a risk?
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:17 AM
Registered User
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonH View Post
I recently had this exact thing happen to me. Had it all completely dynamically balanced and sounding good. I wanted to do a run up to get amps/watts/thrust before I mounted motor in my Euro and the fan exploded and bent my HTG motor shaft. Luckily it happend on my test sled and not in the plane but at the same time it really sucked to spend all the time, money, and effort and not even get it in the plane. Anyone know where I can get a new motor shaft for a Hobby Top Gun 1600kv motor? Is it worth replacing or too much of a risk?
Put the motor shaft in a drill press and straighten it out with your hand...it'll take a second but it is well worth it.

Same thing for a hand drill but a little more time
erh7771 is offline Find More Posts by erh7771
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:24 AM
Registered User
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
11,519 Posts
You mean check its alignment by running the drill/press after you 'straighten' it?
Once it is 'soft' it would be soft forever wouldn't it? At least softer than it was before.....?

Can the shafts of inrunners actually be changed reasonably easily? Maybe some, and others not.
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Skyzone Goggles - Button Shield
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:28 AM
Registered User
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
11,519 Posts
I expect you could:
1) Mount it in a drill press (or a hand drill held in a vice)
2) Run the drilll and use a marker pen - move closer to the rotating armature till it JUST touches so that it marks it.
3) That mark will be on the 'bent outwards' side, so press 'away' from that as accurately as you can.
4) Repeat

MAYBE if you were really patient and pedantic you could end up with a straight shaft.......
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Skyzone Goggles - Button Shield
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:46 AM
Registered User
4stripes's Avatar
Canada, ON, Burlington
Joined Jan 2009
3,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonH View Post
I recently had this exact thing happen to me. Had it all completely dynamically balanced and sounding good. I wanted to do a run up to get amps/watts/thrust before I mounted motor in my Euro and the fan exploded and bent my HTG motor shaft. Luckily it happend on my test sled and not in the plane but at the same time it really sucked to spend all the time, money, and effort and not even get it in the plane. Anyone know where I can get a new motor shaft for a Hobby Top Gun 1600kv motor? Is it worth replacing or too much of a risk?
I'm assuming you have and outrunner?
HK sells a number of 5mm motor shafts. I'm sure you can made one fit. You may need to do some filing or cutting but 5mm shaft is all you need.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Shaft_Set.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ent_Shaft.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ent_Shaft.html

If it is an inrunner, it is far more complicated to change as the magnets are bonded to the shaft. I have straightened an inrunner, but it will bend much easier the second time and is probably not worth risking as you will destroy another shroud and fan.
4stripes is online now Find More Posts by 4stripes
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some photos of the EDF fleet!
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:49 AM
Registered User
DamonH's Avatar
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
3,513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4stripes View Post
HK sells a number of 5mm motor shafts. I'm sure you can made one fit. You may need to do some filing or cutting but 5mm shaft is all you need.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Shaft_Set.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ent_Shaft.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ent_Shaft.html
Thanks for the links!
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:08 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
v8truckin's Avatar
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperVJG73 View Post
Hi V8, do you use the newer 50gr CS12 rotor for your 6S setup?

Can I use the default 45gr rotor for the Eurofighter with the 6S without problems?

Thanks.
Honestly I do not know the weight of mine, however my 3 Cs12 fans I have are all from the 1st productions from xflight. I have yet to have a single problem with any of mine as others have.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:18 AM
Registered User
ViperVJG73's Avatar
Germany, SH, Neumünster
Joined Dec 2011
445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4stripes View Post
I have had one of the weaker rotors fail at only 1800Watts on 6s. You risk bending the motor shaft, breaking the shroud and any other incidental damage...
I have half a dozen 45g fans that I will never use. It is frustrating to have it fail after spending time setting it up and dynamic balancing.
Cheers
Thank you for the information. I will do only use the new 51g version.
How high do you estimate the physical hazard with a hand launch by the CS12?
There is a danger the blades penetrate the foam?
ViperVJG73 is online now Find More Posts by ViperVJG73
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:24 AM
Registered User
DamonH's Avatar
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
3,513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4stripes View Post
I'm assuming you have and outrunner?
HK sells a number of 5mm motor shafts. I'm sure you can made one fit. You may need to do some filing or cutting but 5mm shaft is all you need.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Shaft_Set.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ent_Shaft.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ent_Shaft.html

If it is an inrunner, it is far more complicated to change as the magnets are bonded to the shaft. I have straightened an inrunner, but it will bend much easier the second time and is probably not worth risking as you will destroy another shroud and fan.
Its an inrunner
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Zurich sun blocking sun-glasses $40 shipped mjbennett9 Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 7 Oct 06, 2011 11:47 PM
Sold Zurich sun blocking sun-glasses $50 shipped mjbennett9 Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 0 Oct 05, 2011 10:14 PM
Sold Change Sun electric retracts Flip Flop Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 3 May 23, 2011 07:20 AM
Sold Change Sun Electronic retracts w/Lander struts hole digger Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 2 May 06, 2011 02:27 PM
Video 6 and 12 blade 90mm fan sound test tom bacsanyi Electric Plane Talk 3 Dec 10, 2009 08:01 PM