HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 03, 2012, 02:16 AM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Apr 2007
2,091 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davecrash View Post
I should also point out the 1350 was 1100kv under load in my post above. Running it in a fan with a lighter load will increase the rpm's, this may be a problem for the ESC.
you are right, your motor will not rev as high because the CS90 puts a much heavier load on it than a Wemo - but you're running 7s, I am doing 6s, and my rpms will not be higher than yours...
Just saw that the 1850kV warhead motor is in stock, might get myself one
to run it o 5s in the Wemo - and get the 1350kV later to work in a CS90
Thanks for your suggestions!
cheers
Clemens
mopetista is online now Find More Posts by mopetista
Last edited by mopetista; Nov 03, 2012 at 03:48 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2012, 01:39 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,022 Posts
Has anybody tried from X-Flight the new V2 fan/1600kv outrunner motor combo???...The price is right ($60!!!)...I'm looking for an inexpensive 6S fan/motor combo for my Exceed RC F-86...The stock Haoye fan/motor isn't cutting it...Since the price is right I may just get one anyway...

Here's the link to the fan/motor on X-Flight's site:

http://www.x-flight.com.hk/index.php...&more=&lang=en

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Nov 03, 2012, 03:54 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Aug 2011
370 Posts
How is the xrp -18 blade ? Is this any good or just another jack of all, master of none?
Looks interesting. ..
Torchy is offline Find More Posts by Torchy
Old Nov 03, 2012, 04:08 PM
Fly now crash later
Canada, ON, Newmarket
Joined Nov 2006
2,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchy View Post
How is the xrp -18 blade ? Is this any good or just another jack of all, master of none?
Looks interesting. ..
Theres a thread over here. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1717661
davecrash is offline Find More Posts by davecrash
Old Nov 03, 2012, 04:13 PM
Canada, ON, Burlington
Joined Jan 2009
3,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
Has anybody tried from X-Flight the new V2 fan/1600kv outrunner motor combo???...The price is right ($60!!!)...I'm looking for an inexpensive 6S fan/motor combo for my Exceed RC F-86...The stock Haoye fan/motor isn't cutting it...Since the price is right I may just get one anyway...

Kevin
Yes it works but it must be completely disassembled and reassembled (using locktite). The motor shaft flat spot likely needs filing farther down the shaft, and the whole thing needs dynamic balancing afterwards. You may need to glue in the bearings as they are prone to rotate in their mounts. Also the bullet connectors need checking as I had one fall off before use.
Yes, it is cheap and can be made to work, but it will require some of your time and patience.
Just go back through this thread as there are many references to this combo.
Cheers
4stripes is online now Find More Posts by 4stripes
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some photos of the EDF fleet!
Old Nov 03, 2012, 04:13 PM
Joined Aug 2011
370 Posts
Sorry. I actually thought I was still in the ef-2000 thread
Thanks
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:26 AM
Just an Earth bound misfit - I
Canada, ON, L'Orignal
Joined Nov 2010
1,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post

Kevin
For a cheap 6s setup Kevin, go with the HK3025 and the CS12. I had +25 flights on mine in the F86 and it went great. All the details of my install are in the
F86 thread.
vanderbrander is offline Find More Posts by vanderbrander
Old Nov 08, 2012, 10:38 AM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
3,527 Posts
Anyone know where I can get the new heavier version of the CS12? I recently bought one from HK and it turned out to be the old version. I mounted and dynamically balanced a Hobby Top Gun 1600kv motor in it. I attempted to do a full run for amps/watts/thrust on my test stand and the fan/shrould explded and bent the motor shaft in the process. Also, anyone know where a I can a replacement shaft? Thanks.
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
Old Nov 08, 2012, 02:56 PM
Joined Aug 2011
370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonH View Post
Anyone know where I can get the new heavier version of the CS12? I recently bought one from HK and it turned out to be the old version. I mounted and dynamically balanced a Hobby Top Gun 1600kv motor in it. I attempted to do a full run for amps/watts/thrust on my test stand and the fan/shrould explded and bent the motor shaft in the process. Also, anyone know where a I can a replacement shaft? Thanks.
Hi Damon,
Can you please elaborate on the "exploded" CS 12 experience with your HK version? i have the same one coming from HK in a few days and i too have a 1600 kv motor from HK.
May i also ask if you performed the static balance prior to the dynamic balance? was the shaft assembly properly secured and balanced? was the motor shaft balanced? where the blades glued or secured 100%?
From my understanding, these all need to be done prior to the dynamic balance. Please don't take these questions as though i am questioning your knowledge... Just trying to figure out if all the steps were done in the respective order, for us to analyse the possible cause to rule out installation errors or quality issues.

Thank you for sharing this info as others can be more cautious with similar setups from HK.

Torchy
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:06 PM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,772 Posts
Quote:
Hi Damon,
Can you please elaborate on the "exploded" CS 12 experience with your HK version? i have the same one coming from HK in a few days and i too have a 1600 kv motor from HK.
May i also ask if you performed the static balance prior to the dynamic balance? was the shaft assembly properly secured and balanced? was the motor shaft balanced? where the blades glued or secured 100%?
From my understanding, these all need to be done prior to the dynamic balance. Please don't take these questions as though i am questioning your knowledge... Just trying to figure out if all the steps were done in the respective order, for us to analyse the possible cause to rule out installation errors or quality issues.

Thank you for sharing this info as others can be more cautious with similar setups from HK.

Torchy
This might be for the 120mm, for the 90mm the hevier blades are the ones that work...

If you can bend the blades on your CS 90 fan then don't spin it up, ask for a replacement
erh7771 is online now Find More Posts by erh7771
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:19 PM
Joined Oct 2011
3,527 Posts
Quote:
Hi Damon,

Torchy
Everything was done except for the glueing of the blades. Motor was securley mounted/locktited in. Adapter was securley mounted and locktited in with all 4 allen screws.It was my understanding that you only had to glue the blades if you were planning on seriously overpowering the fan. The dynamic balance was almost perfect according to the vibration app and the excel spreadsheet. If I remember correctly the vib number was somewhere around .05 to .07 ish. If youve seen the spreadsheet I think these numbers are pretty good. I even rotated the spinner and found the best spot dynamically for it.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:29 PM
Joined Aug 2011
370 Posts
Thanks man! i found this video on you tube, do you have similar symptoms? i know its the 120mm but just curious if its quality issues with the blades or not...
CS 12 90mm EDF (4 min 51 sec)
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:29 PM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonH View Post
Everything was done except for the glueing of the blades. Motor was securley mounted/locktited in. Adapter was securley mounted and locktited in with all 4 allen screws.It was my understanding that you only had to glue the blades if you were planning on seriously overpowering the fan. The dynamic balance was almost perfect according to the vibration app and the excel spreadsheet. If I remember correctly the vib number was somewhere around .05 to .07 ish. If youve seen the spreadsheet I think these numbers are pretty good. I even rotated the spinner and found the best spot dynamically for it.
You can get the heavier version from xflight or just get the blades...

HK sells the heavier blades too in their replacement rotors
erh7771 is online now Find More Posts by erh7771
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:34 PM
Fly now crash later
Canada, ON, Newmarket
Joined Nov 2006
2,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771 View Post
You can get the heavier version from xflight or just get the blades...

HK sells the heavier blades too in their replacement rotors
My replacement rotor from HK is in customs now, should be here in a couple of days. I will let you guys know if it's the better one.
davecrash is offline Find More Posts by davecrash
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:41 PM
Joined Oct 2011
3,527 Posts
Quote:
Thanks man! i found this video on you tube, do you have similar symptoms? i know its the 120mm but just curious if its quality issues with the blades or not...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpO_usBVICc
Yes...that is VERY similar to what mine looked like. His shroud even looked like mine in that one of the mounts was broken off. My motor shaft was not quite a bad but toast none the less :censored Now I'm not sure what I want to do for my Eurofighter since this was the destination for this motor/fan.