HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 05, 2012, 07:34 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumax View Post
So you chose to have nothing to do with me? Hmm, the numerous emails wanting to purchase rotors were signs of that? My lack of replies were signs of what? Sorry to burst your ego bubble, luvvy, but when I saw the amateurish way that Shawn's fan had been assembled my mind was made up, I'd actually wanted to cease trading a long time ago but I knew there would be backlash, as you're basically akin to a Jack Russell terrier yapping away in the neighbour's backyard just waiting to bite someone on the ankles. For an "expert", I'm curious as to why the motor shaft of Shawn's fan had a flat filed on it with sharp corners (major stress concentration), the grubscrew over said flat didn't even engage the flat, it hit the corner, kicking up a burr which made it almost impossible to remove the rotor. The motor was a loose fit in the motor tube, yet no thermal paste was used (a real engineer would realise that you connect a hot item to a heatsink with thermal paste), there was no evidence of Loctite in the grubscrews, one grubscrew was missing, the others not tight at all, the tailcone was held on with electrical tape. Basically, a perfect example of how not to set up a fan. I'm done squabbling, Mark, I've been keeping away from here so I can get some real work done and I'm tired of replying to your tiresome girly talk. Good luck with your junk fans.
Stu.
LOL your true colours are showing, personal insults now eh...I emailed you about the rotor price in order to give you plenty of opportunity, I knew you were not going sell them to anyone, too arrogant for that, now all of a sudden you are going to sell rotors

We already been over the key filing, and regardless whether you like square keys or scalloped ones the key did not fail nor was it responsible. The set screw you claim was missing just happened to be on the side that could not be seen from a casual look I used 222 locktite that is light pink and dries without residue, I changed back to red 262 after this in order to avoid future accusations... I used alloy foil on the motors until you offered up the actual instructions, instructions that had not been sent to dealers or supplied with any fans. I dont fit the rear cone either on any of the fans, its supplied loose in the box, shipping it attached would be foolish.
Of course none of this explains the 100mm failure, 8mm motor shaft, no issue with the setup, again running smooth as when it went (I have all the emails you sent to my 2 customers so know what transpired) and it does not explain all the other failures, the photos of the suspect blades explains a lot more...

You want things to go quiet then keep quiet, I have lots more I can post up but I will only do so in reply so its completely up to you.
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2012, 07:47 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,539 Posts
Quote:
Please enlighten me. There will be a reason. Some customers aren't served by dealers in their region, some customers get grumpy if they can't have something straight away and threaten to buy the competitor's products, some customers are long time friends. Please crawl back into your kennel and stop picking fights with people. Last time it was Tam, before that Larry, then Efflux RC (or Reflux RC as you call them).
Stu.
Stupid to think I would post up details of a local customers purchase. I dont pick fights, I respond to BS and defend myself when required. Funny you should mention Tam, he still owes me the $24.00 he promised on open forum a few months ago, ignores emails, such integrity. Obvious that you know jack about the situation. Larry Epifanio sold me poorly made product that everyone else agreed was junk, I had to spend more money and time re-machining parts and making it usable. You have a very strange idea of what is picking fights but then nothing surprises me, you keep on talking, I am busy doing.
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Sep 05, 2012, 07:52 AM
Newton, Ks.
Joined Feb 2004
245 Posts
I am getting tired of the bickering. Take the personel crap elsewhere. This is supposed to be a C.S. 12 90mm thread
Ks.jetflyer is offline Find More Posts by Ks.jetflyer
Old Sep 05, 2012, 08:13 AM
Gorilla Glue Expert
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Sep 2010
2,717 Posts
For sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ks.jetflyer View Post
I am getting tired of the bickering. Take the personel crap elsewhere. This is supposed to be a C.S. 12 90mm thread
+ 1 million. As if all of this was going to make either one of them rich .

Give us all a break, boys.
PikeStaff is online now Find More Posts by PikeStaff
Old Sep 05, 2012, 08:43 AM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
7,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer View Post
I'll buy one of your rotors when you lower the price like Pavcon said you were going to do.
Quote:
Please enlighten me. There will be a reason. Some customers aren't served by dealers in their region, some customers get grumpy if they can't have something straight away and threaten to buy the competitor's products, some customers are long time friends. Please crawl back into your kennel and stop picking fights with people. Last time it was Tam, before that Larry, then Efflux RC (or Reflux RC as you call them).

Stu.
And then you choose to ignore possible future customers. Way to win us over! you continue to come in here and troll and look for a fight, and you ignore people that are interested in your stuff. that shows your customer service.
SkylineFlyer is online now Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Old Sep 05, 2012, 09:04 AM
Sweden, Gävleborg County
Joined Jan 2004
851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ks.jetflyer View Post

+ 1!
MagnusEl is offline Find More Posts by MagnusEl
Old Sep 05, 2012, 09:15 AM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,709 Posts
+1 on the back and forth but I place more onus on those who start the crap, people are going to defend themselves that's natural so people should take as much possible care not to throw little rocks.

It seems like both CS threads have this level of back and forth....

Either way, would LOVE to know if the Lander fans are using CS blades....

They are getting OVER 10lbs of thrust on their fan...
erh7771 is online now Find More Posts by erh7771
Old Sep 05, 2012, 09:38 AM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771 View Post
+1 on the back and forth but I place more onus on those who start the crap, people are going to defend themselves that's natural so people should take as much possible care not to throw little rocks.

It seems like both CS threads have this level of back and forth....

Either way, would LOVE to know if the Lander fans are using CS blades....

They are getting OVER 10lbs of thrust on their fan...
+1 Erh!
Old Sep 05, 2012, 09:52 AM
Canada, ON, Burlington
Joined Jan 2009
2,940 Posts
After drilling the end caps of my XK4074-B-1400 the motor runs much much cooler. After WOT the motor is just warm and not hot to the touch.
4stripes is offline Find More Posts by 4stripes
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some photos of the EDF fleet!
Old Sep 05, 2012, 10:32 AM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4stripes View Post
After drilling the end caps of my XK4074-B-1400 the motor runs much much cooler. After WOT the motor is just warm and not hot to the touch.
Awesome! What S count are you at?
Old Sep 05, 2012, 04:03 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEOPARD-Mode...item3f09d428ee
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Sep 05, 2012, 04:14 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,848 Posts
thats a car motor pav
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Sep 05, 2012, 04:27 PM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4stripes View Post
Did you ditch the nylon piece in the front that covers the windings and prevents any air flow
unclecrash is offline Find More Posts by unclecrash
Old Sep 05, 2012, 04:45 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post
thats a car motor pav
I'm willing to learn. Why can we use a heli motor and not a car motor? I honestly don't know.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 04:47 PM
Canada, ON, Burlington
Joined Jan 2009
2,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer View Post
Awesome! What S count are you at?
Before drilling the holes I ran 7S and after dozens of flights it eventually smoked. Now with the holes I plan to run it 7S again but expect the temps to be 30-40F cooler.

Unclecrash
I left the plastic end piece in the motor as there is still enough room to allow airflow.
Cheers
4stripes is offline Find More Posts by 4stripes
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some photos of the EDF fleet!