Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 04, 2012, 05:40 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumax View Post
Yes, he was wrong. Pavlos asked for a shipped price for a plug and play unit before my prices went up. He wanted to go ahead with it after my prices went up and asked if I'd honour the original quote, which I did. There was no fixed % discount, just the original price. I have no dealers in his area, the closest one to him (Wemotec) had nothing on order, either, so there's no reason for me not to sell direct nor is there any reason for me to hit him hard on price if I'd originally quoted him a price, it's not all about money. It might be an idea if you get your facts straight and mind your own business in future.
Stu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
and yes I have to admit.. he offers 10% of his sales...
I know of a customer who ordered an SM fan right after you got back from China, I know the price paid, and I know he was supplied ahead of dealer orders placed before you went OS.
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Last edited by Extreme_RC; Sep 04, 2012 at 05:51 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2012, 05:52 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,476 Posts
Quote:
Free stuff? I don't do free stuff. I don't send free samples to people to become my shills. A few on here who are very vocal about how overpriced my fans are or how good the CS fans are just happen to be amongst those who've tried to get free fans off me in exchange for telling the world how good they are. Funny how people turn against you when they can't get free stuff.
Hmmm, and just why do you think I didn't want to sell rotors to you? Could it be because I just don't want anything to do with you any more?
Sorry I figured the sarcasm on the free stuff was obvious, next time I will put in a full set of emoticons for you...

No Stuart it was I who chose to have nothing to do with you, after your lies to my customers and other dealers, your lies on the forum, and your unreleting arrogance. I know why you didnt want to sell the rotors to anyone, I have the emails sitting here telling me exactly why, "The problem I see is that I'll end up becoming a 90mm rotor production factory, which isn't something I want to do"
As I have said before I waited months for a price, told you I would order 10+ straight away, I resent the request a few times, when you ignored the emails I ordered some CS rotors to try out, end of story. If you had come up with a price I would have ordered straight away. I approached Ejets and they were more than happy to supply rotors.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 05:59 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davecrash View Post
I like the fan but it is lacking in being able to run the still recommended 45,000 rpm and now with a new fan coming out from them how can we trust the recommended rpm for that one too.
Dave, the fan will never run at 45K and it doesnt need to, look at the test results people have been posting up, 10lb of thrust is obtained at 33K rpm, its not like a wemo that has to spin at 43K to get the same thrust.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:21 PM
there is no spoon...
Pueblo, Colorado
Joined Jul 2005
594 Posts
the blades just exploded off the hub..the bolts were still as tight as when I put them in. Airframe is pretty trashed..motor survived as well as most of the electronics..I managed to "land" in the sunflowers. Other than balancing, I really didnt do anything else to it..'wish it were made like the 10 blade. That one rocks! (after the new shaft and spinner, anyway)
Cap232ac is offline Find More Posts by Cap232ac
Old Sep 05, 2012, 01:03 AM
Oman, Masqat
Joined Apr 2010
321 Posts
Hey guys check out the new 12 blade 90mm fan from DPS. 10S application!!!

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...watt_10s_.html

Now we wait for the "crash test dummies" to try it out and give us their feedback before we can go ahead and spend over $135 on a fan combo
Boostoman is offline Find More Posts by Boostoman
Old Sep 05, 2012, 01:21 AM
Fly now crash later
Canada, ON, Newmarket
Joined Nov 2006
2,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostoman View Post
Hey guys check out the new 12 blade 90mm fan from DPS. 10S application!!!

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...watt_10s_.html

Now we wait for the "crash test dummies" to try it out and give us their feedback before we can go ahead and spend over $135 on a fan combo
interesting specs. Seems kinda high for a 1000kv motor.

Power / Thrust Data:
Power: 8S / 29.6V
Max Watt: 2800W
Cont.Watt: 2550W
Amps: 82A
Thrust: 3.6kg

Power: 9S / 33.3V
Max Watt: 3300W
Cont.Watt: 3100W
Amps: 89A
Thrust: 4.1kg

Power: 10S / 37V
Max Watt: 4000W
Cont.Watt: 3850W
Amps: 99A
Thrust: 4.65kg
davecrash is offline Find More Posts by davecrash
Old Sep 05, 2012, 01:32 AM
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined May 2011
3,263 Posts
Looks interesting. Better thrust than the EPF alloy 90mmm and cheaper too.

Now if the HK site wakes up, I could place an order.
anlucas is online now Find More Posts by anlucas
Old Sep 05, 2012, 01:52 AM
Serving the Motherland
Joined May 2012
26 Posts
CS, Rc lander, Ejets etc are a real manufacturing business that makes real profits.
and then there is the Jetfan way better priced and makes far better power vs amp draw then the stumax and it doesnt have some cheap plastic housing!!!

Like it or not CS, Lander, Jetfan is here to stay! and as time goes on they will improve the products.
hows your RND going? thats right no where! stop telling us what we can and can not buy!

Quote:
Free stuff? I don't do free stuff. I don't send free samples to people to become my shills. A few on here who are very vocal about how overpriced my fans are or how good the CS fans are just happen to be amongst those who've tried to get free fans off me in exchange for telling the world how good they are. Funny how people turn against you when they can't get free stuff.

Hmmm, and just why do you think I didn't want to sell rotors to you? Could it be because I just don't want anything to do with you any more?
Moskva is offline Find More Posts by Moskva
Old Sep 05, 2012, 02:00 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
10,630 Posts
?????
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 05, 2012, 02:02 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
10,630 Posts
Are those DPS 12 blades going to explode.....

Are those rivets or screws around it? (the fan 'tube' join).
And where is an 8S version! And 6S....
Probably on their way.
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 05, 2012, 02:05 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
The stators are removable so I can test with 5 7 and 11 stators
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Sep 05, 2012, 02:06 AM
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined May 2011
3,263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskva View Post
CS, Rc lander, Ejets etc are a real manufacturing business that makes real profits.
and then there is the Jetfan way better priced and makes far better power vs amp draw then the stumax and it doesnt have some cheap plastic housing!!!

Like it or not CS, Lander, Jetfan is here to stay! and as time goes on they will improve the products.
hows your RND going? thats right no where! stop telling us what we can and can not buy!
I don't have a stumax fan nor can I buy one. In fact I have 5 CS12 fans.
I suspect that by the time I could justify the cost for a stumax for one of my planes, the other fans could catch-up.

I don't know the guy but your comment is a bit out of line. Did I miss something?

Where did he tell us what to buy and what not?
anlucas is online now Find More Posts by anlucas
Old Sep 05, 2012, 02:31 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Moskva too much vodka will harm your brain cells
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Sep 05, 2012, 03:36 AM
The blade numbers go up to 11
Sydney, Australia
Joined Aug 2002
4,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_RC View Post
Sorry I figured the sarcasm on the free stuff was obvious, next time I will put in a full set of emoticons for you...

No Stuart it was I who chose to have nothing to do with you, after your lies to my customers and other dealers, your lies on the forum, and your unreleting arrogance. I know why you didnt want to sell the rotors to anyone, I have the emails sitting here telling me exactly why, "The problem I see is that I'll end up becoming a 90mm rotor production factory, which isn't something I want to do"
As I have said before I waited months for a price, told you I would order 10+ straight away, I resent the request a few times, when you ignored the emails I ordered some CS rotors to try out, end of story. If you had come up with a price I would have ordered straight away. I approached Ejets and they were more than happy to supply rotors.
So you chose to have nothing to do with me? Hmm, the numerous emails wanting to purchase rotors were signs of that? My lack of replies were signs of what? Sorry to burst your ego bubble, luvvy, but when I saw the amateurish way that Shawn's fan had been assembled my mind was made up, I'd actually wanted to cease trading a long time ago but I knew there would be backlash, as you're basically akin to a Jack Russell terrier yapping away in the neighbour's backyard just waiting to bite someone on the ankles. For an "expert", I'm curious as to why the motor shaft of Shawn's fan had a flat filed on it with sharp corners (major stress concentration), the grubscrew over said flat didn't even engage the flat, it hit the corner, kicking up a burr which made it almost impossible to remove the rotor. The motor was a loose fit in the motor tube, yet no thermal paste was used (a real engineer would realise that you connect a hot item to a heatsink with thermal paste), there was no evidence of Loctite in the grubscrews, one grubscrew was missing, the others not tight at all, the tailcone was held on with electrical tape. Basically, a perfect example of how not to set up a fan. I'm done squabbling, Mark, I've been keeping away from here so I can get some real work done and I'm tired of replying to your tiresome girly talk. Good luck with your junk fans.

Stu.
stumax is offline Find More Posts by stumax
Old Sep 05, 2012, 03:40 AM
The blade numbers go up to 11
Sydney, Australia
Joined Aug 2002
4,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_RC View Post
I know of a customer who ordered an SM fan right after you got back from China, I know the price paid, and I know he was supplied ahead of dealer orders placed before you went OS.
Please enlighten me. There will be a reason. Some customers aren't served by dealers in their region, some customers get grumpy if they can't have something straight away and threaten to buy the competitor's products, some customers are long time friends. Please crawl back into your kennel and stop picking fights with people. Last time it was Tam, before that Larry, then Efflux RC (or Reflux RC as you call them).

Stu.
stumax is offline Find More Posts by stumax