HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 30, 2012, 02:26 AM
Registered User
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
10,717 Posts
At least I can see that it flies... in reasonably stock form there.

No cheater(s) on this as it came though.
The inlet area is quite a lot larger than the exhaust area. I would guesstimate 1.3x or so.
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: SBEC's connected in parallel
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2012, 02:52 AM
Registered User
alanjets's Avatar
Ripoff britain
Joined Jan 2011
229 Posts
Just ran up my fan in hobbyking l59 got 2 packs out of my habu32 thort they are 5s but ran the fan ans saw the numbers 4000w soon shut it off .Then relised they are 6s so was running the 2 packs togeather 12s know now why it had loads of thrust lol
alanjets is offline Find More Posts by alanjets
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2012, 09:43 AM
Hawk Fanatic
SkylineFlyer's Avatar
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
7,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanjets View Post
Just ran up my fan in hobbyking l59 got 2 packs out of my habu32 thort they are 5s but ran the fan ans saw the numbers 4000w soon shut it off .Then relised they are 6s so was running the 2 packs togeather 12s know now why it had loads of thrust lol
OMG! Your lucky!
SkylineFlyer is offline Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2012, 09:52 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
ordered the new housing that RClander did for the CS12 fan.
going to be running and checking the blades every time..
thank god I got an antirioting shield..

I tend to believe with all the research I'm doing that the rotor is getting weakened use by use.
maybe the material is getting softer.

Here the high temps of 40 degrees celcius and above help that to happen earlier..
but when it eventually fails I think the RClander hub with the stumax rotor (that Stu will be selling for around 160 bucks-rotor only) will be THE winner from now on.
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:35 AM
Registered User
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
ordered the new housing that RClander did for the CS12 fan.
going to be running and checking the blades every time..
thank god I got an antirioting shield..

I tend to believe with all the research I'm doing that the rotor is getting weakened use by use.
maybe the material is getting softer.

Here the high temps of 40 degrees celcius and above help that to happen earlier..
but when it eventually fails I think the RClander hub with the stumax rotor (that Stu will be selling for around 160 bucks-rotor only) will be THE winner from now on.
Pav, I've ran the CS10s in lander shrouds and the static thrust was down over a pound.

Either there's not enough stators or the stators present don't have the same degree of bend in them
erh7771 is online now Find More Posts by erh7771
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:47 AM
Registered User
4stripes's Avatar
Canada, ON, Burlington
Joined Jan 2009
2,929 Posts
Just received a new "fan only" from HK with very interesting results!
The new fan (minus adapter, spinner and screw) weighs 51.6g.
I have two fans from previous HK orders (that came complete with shrouds) and they weigh
45.3g and 45.0g! The new fan blades are noticeably stiffer than the two lighter fans, and the remnants of my recent fans that failed.
Changesun has changed the plastic density as the new fan weighs approximately 10% more.
HK never acknowledged that my fan failures were part of a substandard batch of fans, but it seems that CS has made some changes.
Cheers Eric
4stripes is offline Find More Posts by 4stripes
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some photos of the EDF fleet!
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2012, 11:38 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4stripes View Post
Just received a new "fan only" from HK with very interesting results!
The new fan (minus adapter, spinner and screw) weighs 51.6g.
I have two fans from previous HK orders (that came complete with shrouds) and they weigh
45.3g and 45.0g! The new fan blades are noticeably stiffer than the two lighter fans, and the remnants of my recent fans that failed.
Changesun has changed the plastic density as the new fan weighs approximately 10% more.
HK never acknowledged that my fan failures were part of a substandard batch of fans, but it seems that CS has made some changes.
Cheers Eric


Exactly my conclusions when i compared the xflight and the hk fqns.
Buuut scott sent me another fan that i should he getting tomorrow or on monday so i will see if its one of the better quality. Whatever the xase is i will have a stumax rotor in 2 weeks and i wilk run both the stu and the cs12 in the sane rcoader new multistator housing.
I will have some numbers then...
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2012, 11:42 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771 View Post
Pav, I've ran the CS10s in lander shrouds and the static thrust was down over a pound.

Either there's not enough stators or the stators present don't have the same degree of bend in them
More blades more turbulence more stators needed.. The new rclander housing made for hk has 11 stators so i expect that it should work better.. Only tests will show though. Now that stu will be selking the rotor only we need to find a good housing for it.
Let the games begin

Btw i also have a cs10 fan. I want to run it in an het and stock housing so i tried to bapqnce it today to realiaed that it needed no balancing at all. :O
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2012, 12:45 PM
Registered User
Ελλάς, Αττική, Αθήνα
Joined Jun 2009
163 Posts
hey Pav!
please post the link of the RCLander shroud
kakofonixx is offline Find More Posts by kakofonixx
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2012, 01:44 PM
Registered User
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
More blades more turbulence more stators needed.. The new rclander housing made for hk has 11 stators so i expect that it should work better.. Only tests will show though. Now that stu will be selking the rotor only we need to find a good housing for it.
Let the games begin

Btw i also have a cs10 fan. I want to run it in an het and stock housing so i tried to bapqnce it today to realiaed that it needed no balancing at all. :O
Ah, you're talking about the 11 stator shroud not the 5 stator shroud...k
erh7771 is online now Find More Posts by erh7771
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2012, 01:46 PM
Registered User
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
More blades more turbulence more stators needed.. The new rclander housing made for hk has 11 stators so i expect that it should work better.. Only tests will show though. Now that stu will be selking the rotor only we need to find a good housing for it.
Let the games begin...
Ah, you're talking about the 11 stator shroud not the 5 stator shroud...k

Quote:
...Btw i also have a cs10 fan. I want to run it in an het and stock housing so i tried to bapqnce it today to realiaed that it needed no balancing at all. :O
Same experience on the last two and the 4mm adapter was tight and had places for 4 grub screws
erh7771 is online now Find More Posts by erh7771
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2012, 02:02 PM
Gorilla Glue Expert
PikeStaff's Avatar
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Sep 2010
2,707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
.. The new rclander housing made for hk has 11 stators so i expect that it should work better..
Link or source to this, please.
PikeStaff is offline Find More Posts by PikeStaff
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2012, 02:06 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakofonixx View Post
hey Pav!
please post the link of the RCLander shroud
Pm sent
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2012, 05:53 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Extreme_RC's Avatar
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
More blades more turbulence more stators needed.. The new rclander housing made for hk has 11 stators so i expect that it should work better.. Only tests will show though. Now that stu will be selking the rotor only we need to find a good housing for it.
Interesting theory...go count the number of stators on your 11 blade stumax fan and let us know, my last count was 5...

Still waiting on your name or order number, no amount of avoidance is going to work Pavcon, you made slanderous remarks about my business that appear to be based on a lie.
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2012, 06:08 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
That is a longer shroud smartie that counters that. Qs i said.. Tests will show...
I was never absolute about that matter
But if tim wan says it helps.. He sure done his homework...
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Last edited by pavcon; Aug 30, 2012 at 06:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Zurich sun blocking sun-glasses $40 shipped mjbennett9 Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 7 Oct 06, 2011 10:47 PM
Sold Zurich sun blocking sun-glasses $50 shipped mjbennett9 Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 0 Oct 05, 2011 09:14 PM
Sold Change Sun electric retracts Flip Flop Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 3 May 23, 2011 06:20 AM
Sold Change Sun Electronic retracts w/Lander struts hole digger Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 2 May 06, 2011 01:27 PM
Video 6 and 12 blade 90mm fan sound test tom bacsanyi Electric Plane Talk 3 Dec 10, 2009 07:01 PM