HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 30, 2011, 09:37 PM
Guarantee at least one landing
Australia, QLD, Mooloolaba
Joined Aug 2007
316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatasteele View Post
What do you mean heavier loaded? It weighs more? I have a cyclone 4100kv on 4s I want to use on this fan. is that not going to work? Too many amps?
Check out the X-Flight website. They are recommending low KV motors even on 4S, so not sure if a higher KV motor will do the trick...

I've got a spare HET 2W which I had planned to use on this puppy, but also have some lower KV (2800) motors which I will try also.

I'll post my results (and perhaps a vid) when I have it in my hands...
Burdo is offline Find More Posts by Burdo
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2011, 10:04 PM
United States, UT, Layton
Joined Oct 2009
529 Posts
Quote:
What do you mean heavier loaded? It weighs more? I have a cyclone 4100kv on 4s I want to use on this fan. is that not going to work? Too many amps?
Heavier loaded as in it has alot of blades to spin. I ran that 4100kv motor on the 70mm
with 4s and it was around 100amps and 1400+ watts. I would like to be around 60-70 amps on 4s so I am going to try the 3300kv and hope that hits the spot.

I guess it depends on what you want.
Flip Flop is offline Find More Posts by Flip Flop
Old Oct 31, 2011, 06:14 PM
upland CA
Joined Dec 2004
7,287 Posts
Hummm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip Flop View Post
Heavier loaded as in it has alot of blades to spin. I ran that 4100kv motor on the 70mm
with 4s and it was around 100amps and 1400+ watts. I would like to be around 60-70 amps on 4s so I am going to try the 3300kv and hope that hits the spot.

I guess it depends on what you want.
those numbers are not far off what some of the Hi power guys a running
4s 100 amps 1400 watts...batt volts are a bit low but not bad.
Any idea what the eflux was?
turbonut is online now Find More Posts by turbonut
Old Oct 31, 2011, 06:32 PM
EDF rules... :)
Joined Nov 1999
13,566 Posts
Quote:
Heavier load as in more work performed by the fan moving air. This not a function of how many blades but by the angle of the blade overall. Simply speaking the fan moves more air at a lower rpm than say a Midi fan, so you need to get a motor with a slight lower kv. This can be calculated quite closely if there were a picture of a blade looking down the it's length so the angles can be measured.

Eric B.
AirX is offline Find More Posts by AirX
Old Nov 01, 2011, 04:43 AM
Joined Aug 2007
316 Posts
Changesun 70mm 10 Blade

Well it arrived....only took something like 3-4 days, so pretty impressed with the speed of delivery.

No testing as yet, but here are a few pic's. Weight of the entire fan (inc. intake lip) and shaft extension - 67grams.

The quality isn't outstanding. If I compare it to my HET fans, it feels a little brittle and light weight in comparison and the thickness of the actual fan body is allot thinner than the HET's.
Old Nov 01, 2011, 04:48 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,494 Posts
I should have my first batch tomorrow, will be looking at how the rotor can be cleaned up, balanced, if an alloy spinner can be added, stay tuned for some new 70mm fan combos down under at ExtremeRC
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Nov 01, 2011, 05:33 AM
Joined Aug 2007
316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_RC View Post
I should have my first batch tomorrow, will be looking at how the rotor can be cleaned up, balanced, if an alloy spinner can be added, stay tuned for some new 70mm fan combos down under at ExtremeRC
I'd really like to hear your views on best setup for 4 or 5S.
Old Nov 01, 2011, 05:58 AM
RA-TA-MA-HAT-TA
Melbourne, Australia.
Joined Feb 2010
3,263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_RC View Post
Keep me posted man. Probably put one in an ARC MiG-15 or HET MiG-15. Been wanting a Mig-15 since my last one (50mm Skyangels) met its fate with the highest tree at PP..
munce31 is offline Find More Posts by munce31
Old Nov 01, 2011, 07:14 AM
Netherlands, Zwolle
Joined Jul 2005
312 Posts
Not trying to be the headteacher... But there is another thread about the 70mm, this is the 90mm (equally exciting) CS fan thread...
hommel is offline Find More Posts by hommel
Old Nov 01, 2011, 06:38 PM
Joined Aug 2007
316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hommel View Post
Not trying to be the headteacher... But there is another thread about the 70mm, this is the 90mm (equally exciting) CS fan thread...
So there is....

I'm bailing out now....Chow
Old Nov 04, 2011, 09:03 PM
A Texan abroad
Joined Oct 2011
936 Posts
The sound. The sound is what calls me back to the thread...............

The beautiful WHOOOOOOSH!!!

(and the best part is that when you land, you tell everybody it is an electric!)
torque roll is offline Find More Posts by torque roll
Old Nov 04, 2011, 09:05 PM
A Texan abroad
Joined Oct 2011
936 Posts
Any quote on the price of the fan??? At $15 for the 70mm version, I can't wait to see the tag on this beauty!
torque roll is offline Find More Posts by torque roll
Old Nov 04, 2011, 09:33 PM
Joined Oct 2009
529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by torque roll View Post
Any quote on the price of the fan??? At $15 for the 70mm version, I can't wait to see the tag on this beauty!
Not yet, cant see it being over $40.00. I took the one I have out of my sniper and put my old set up back in. I am going to save this for the new HK Hawk if it ever comes out. But while its out I took some measurements and some pics of the blade shape and stators. And I did test it with some newer batteries that held voltage better and got 107amps and 3300 watts.
O.D 93mm
I.D 90mm
rotor 87mm
Old Nov 04, 2011, 09:38 PM
Joined Oct 2009
529 Posts
On my last flight with this in my sniper I recorded a level pass at 153mph with rc speedo. I only got one recorded though, might be too quiet.
Old Nov 05, 2011, 04:35 AM
Slovenia, Europe
Joined Aug 2007
16 Posts
When will 90 mm Change sun EDF be available? Anybody have any information about that?
Matej is offline Find More Posts by Matej