Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 14, 2011, 01:16 AM
Registered User
LuvEvolution7's Avatar
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALECRAFT View Post
I bet the 90mm will push my F-104 very quickly. I better get it done!

Steve
that's not very badass Steve. it's not at least 100MPH. LMAO.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2011, 01:25 AM
Guarantee at least one landing
Burdo's Avatar
Australia, QLD, Mooloolaba
Joined Aug 2007
316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
I don't know what all the fuss is about... This fan is clearly marketed to a consumer who doesn't want to spend $500+ on a fan in order to get a better sound. I personally would only us this in a foamie. As that is basically all I fly in the edf realm, at the moment. When I do make the move to composites I would not risk my hard earned money/composite plane on this edf. Being a higher end plane why drop in a $50 fan on a $1000+ plane/electronics, non sense. All in all this will not have any affect on stu, wemo, shub, & etc fans as their consumers will continue to use their products.
Well put...agreed
Burdo is offline Find More Posts by Burdo
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 08:56 AM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2004
799 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEvolution7 View Post
that's not very badass Steve. it's not at least 100MPH. LMAO.
Some of my stuff has fallen out of the sky at over 100mph. Dead stick.

Not much evidence though.

Steve
SCALECRAFT is offline Find More Posts by SCALECRAFT
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 08:59 AM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2004
799 Posts
[QUOTE=turbonut;19588369]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPPTORS View Post
YEP.PROP SIZE AND PITCH GOES WITH PLANE ,NOT MOTOR
I hope your kidding....
And I thought it was just me. I didn't agree with that one either.

Steve
SCALECRAFT is offline Find More Posts by SCALECRAFT
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 10:11 AM
Registered User
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Jun 2004
161 Posts
Prop

[QUOTE=turbonut;19588369]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPPTORS View Post
YEP.PROP SIZE AND PITCH GOES WITH PLANE ,NOT MOTOR
I hope your kidding....
Nope..Not kidding. Think about it?? Drag of aircraft is the starting point..If you need more info.on this "far fetched idea" ,ill try to help.. "When you"re one step ahead of the crowd you"re a GENIUS.. When you"re two steps ahead,you"re a CRACKPOT..
RAPPTORS is offline Find More Posts by RAPPTORS
Last edited by RAPPTORS; Oct 14, 2011 at 10:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 10:20 AM
Registered User
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Jun 2004
161 Posts
Prop

[QUOTE=SCALECRAFT;19591405]
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbonut View Post

And I thought it was just me. I didn't agree with that one either.

Steve
All truth passes through three stages..First,its ridiculed:--Second,it is violently opposed:--Third,it is accepted as self-evident..
RAPPTORS is offline Find More Posts by RAPPTORS
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 10:26 AM
turbonut's Avatar
upland CA
Joined Dec 2004
7,196 Posts
Still not buying it..the motor makes Power at a set rpm for best performance..it needs a prop that will work at that rpm. yes you need to pic a prop that will fly your plane at the speed you need...Well I guess this just depends on how you say it...So yes your correct but you not giving the full picture to those that need all the info...in reality its a full formula that needs to be used...if one part is not correct it just wont work...I would say you need to pic a motor to fit your application..as the prop is determined by the motor that can swing it as needed...I do understand what you are saying but it is a bit miss leading to the uninformed
turbonut is offline Find More Posts by turbonut
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 10:29 AM
turbonut's Avatar
upland CA
Joined Dec 2004
7,196 Posts
if your are desighning airplanes from scratch you will find a prop for the plane then a motor or engine to swing it....but most just buy kits and stick the sugested motor in it...then start stickin props on and dont understand how come it wont fly...I see it all the time at our field.

I see like to say are thinking like a consumer or a designer....sometimes they are the direct opposite of each other....

I recall my comment about your post!....I will say that plane and motor MUST both be figured into the equation....which many people forget/or dont understand
turbonut is offline Find More Posts by turbonut
Last edited by turbonut; Oct 14, 2011 at 10:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 10:51 AM
Registered User
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
I don't know what all the fuss is about... This fan is clearly marketed to a consumer who doesn't want to spend $500+ on a fan in order to get a better sound. I personally would only us this in a foamie. As that is basically all I fly in the edf realm, at the moment. When I do make the move to composites I would not risk my hard earned money/composite plane on this edf. Being a higher end plane why drop in a $50 fan on a $1000+ plane/electronics, non sense. All in all this will not have any affect on stu, wemo, shub, & etc fans as their consumers will continue to use their products.
I've paid in money and time looking at price instead of components and quality, make and proven (to me) reliability....something I wont do again in this hobby.
erh7771 is offline Find More Posts by erh7771
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:21 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2004
799 Posts
[QUOTE=RAPPTORS;19591922]
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbonut View Post

Nope..Not kidding. Think about it?? Drag of aircraft is the starting point..If you need more info.on this "far fetched idea" ,ill try to help.. "When you"re one step ahead of the crowd you"re a GENIUS.. When you"re two steps ahead,you"re a CRACKPOT..

But how do you know you are ahead of the crowd that knows better?
SCALECRAFT is offline Find More Posts by SCALECRAFT
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:23 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2004
799 Posts
Question. Is the CS 12 blade 90mm the same diameter as the CS 5 blade 90mm?

Or: What is the Diameter of the 12 blade?

I have an idea on how to dissipate the heat off the motor.

Steve
SCALECRAFT is offline Find More Posts by SCALECRAFT
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:32 PM
Registered User
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Jun 2004
161 Posts
Prop

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbonut View Post
still not buying it..the motor makes power at a set rpm for best performance..it needs a prop that will work at that rpm. Yes you need to pic a prop that will fly your plane at the speed you need...well i guess this just depends on how you say it...so yes your correct but you not giving the full picture to those that need all the info...in reality its a full formula that needs to be used...if one part is not correct it just wont work...i would say you need to pic a motor to fit your application..as the prop is determined by the motor that can swing it as needed...i do understand what you are saying but it is a bit miss leading to the uninformed
+++++++++1!!!!!!!!!! Sorta.
RAPPTORS is offline Find More Posts by RAPPTORS
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:39 PM
Registered User
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Jun 2004
161 Posts
Prop

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbonut View Post
if your are desighning airplanes from scratch you will find a prop for the plane then a motor or engine to swing it....but most just buy kits and stick the sugested motor in it...then start stickin props on and dont understand how come it wont fly...I see it all the time at our field.

I see like to say are thinking like a consumer or a designer....sometimes they are the direct opposite of each other....

I recall my comment about your post!....I will say that plane and motor MUST both be figured into the equation....which many people forget/or dont understand
AH HA!!!!!!!! Its always the COMBINATION.. I see it the feild all the time. Guys cant set neddle because the wrong PROP is used. You can see it better in full zize boats.. Motor, hull, prop...hull = plane>> thanks for info . "ENGINER "IS A 4 LETTER WORD...They once thought and said the, WORLD, was flat. Then they said 'THEY' discoverd that is was round. It was always round,"THEY" just did not know it. Be safe ,,have fun
RAPPTORS is offline Find More Posts by RAPPTORS
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 01:24 PM
Team White Llama!
gundamnitpete's Avatar
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
what is going on?
gundamnitpete is offline Find More Posts by gundamnitpete
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 01:33 PM
3DHOG
jcdfrd's Avatar
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,830 Posts
minds going in circles
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Zurich sun blocking sun-glasses $40 shipped mjbennett9 Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 7 Oct 06, 2011 10:47 PM
Sold Zurich sun blocking sun-glasses $50 shipped mjbennett9 Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 0 Oct 05, 2011 09:14 PM
Sold Change Sun electric retracts Flip Flop Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 3 May 23, 2011 06:20 AM
Sold Change Sun Electronic retracts w/Lander struts hole digger Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 2 May 06, 2011 01:27 PM
Video 6 and 12 blade 90mm fan sound test tom bacsanyi Electric Plane Talk 3 Dec 10, 2009 07:01 PM