HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 11, 2011, 07:00 AM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
United Kingdom, England, Carlisle
Joined Mar 2007
2,611 Posts
Perfectly balanced with a 2200mAh 3s in the nose.
Scott Cuppello is offline Find More Posts by Scott Cuppello
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2011, 07:42 AM
Lori, hey, you're home early
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Jan 2004
9,129 Posts
I'll still get one but I will pop off the faux motor and do something a bit different. I still think it looks more appealing to the eye than the other one. I saw the PZ at a fun fly last month and it just looks chunky to me. I like the looks of this one better for some reason.
CarreraGTSCS is offline Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Split elevator set up JR 9303
Old Oct 11, 2011, 08:13 AM
Sherbrooke Qc
Joined May 2006
2,298 Posts
I 'm not sure modeling it after the replicas that are commonly flown these days (if that is what happened) is such a bad thing really. If most of the SE5's people see at airshows are the replicas, then that is the image they will have in their head when looking to buy a RC model. So whether by accident or smart marketing, the designers of the model might just be on to something.
I'll still probably get the PZ one instead but there is something about this plane that I actually rather like.

Cheers Mike
Michael Richards is offline Find More Posts by Michael Richards
Old Oct 11, 2011, 09:15 AM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
Joined Mar 2007
2,611 Posts
I have to say that while I admire all those amazing scale weathering effects that many skilled modelers acheive, my own personal planes are pristine barring the odd scale touch, the reason being that I identify more with warbirds I see flown at air shows each year than I do grainy images from over 60 years ago....much as I admire everything about them....each to their own.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 09:22 AM
Shut up and fly
United States, CO, Firestone
Joined Jun 2008
10,645 Posts
so how much for the new bird. did i miss it
papabatman is offline Find More Posts by papabatman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: fun with a parkzone
Old Oct 11, 2011, 09:44 AM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
Joined Mar 2007
2,611 Posts
No price as yet.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 03:33 PM
Joined Dec 2005
54 Posts
does anyone have a date of the bird in stock i mean i am getting one for sure this one looks better than the pz bird and 2200 is awesome for most flyers these days
t57f100 is offline Find More Posts by t57f100
Old Oct 11, 2011, 05:52 PM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
Joined Mar 2007
2,611 Posts
I can only say soon, I don't like to give out dates, they have a habit of being wrong!
Old Oct 12, 2011, 03:11 AM
Joined Dec 2005
54 Posts
what about price and is this stock item for usa house
Old Oct 12, 2011, 03:12 AM
Joined Dec 2005
54 Posts
sorry no price yet
Old Oct 12, 2011, 04:53 AM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
I think we need to remember that it's an 1100 series bird so will almost certainly carry a heavier tag than the Tiger Moth or the SPAD. I note the 1100 series P47D comes in at $130 plus by comparison with the $75-ish of the other two. That said the P47 has retracts, but then again it only has one wing.

Whatever it turns out to be I'm sure it'll beat the PZ SE5a on price. But then again the PZ is a model of an SE5a, not a model of some crummy replica. Lol! OK, I'll shut up about it now. If it hadn't been for the cylinder heads I'd probably not have noticed the longer nose, and if I get one I'll probably, like Mike, take those off. And I'd make it look more authentic than the PZ by painting it the right colour too!

Excuse me while I climb down off my high horse...
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
Last edited by Roger Lombard; Oct 12, 2011 at 05:10 AM.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 05:52 AM
Joined Jun 2010
49 Posts
I guess the price is a little bit higher than the 1100mm P47, and much lower than PZ SE5A. But still don't have enough money to get it!
austin y is offline Find More Posts by austin y
Old Oct 13, 2011, 02:44 AM
UAS Pilot/Tech Instructor
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2000
1,491 Posts
Jeez.... That thing is hideous scale wise. Look at the size of the wheels. I didn't know SEs came in a Canadian outback bush model????
CryHavoc is online now Find More Posts by CryHavoc
Old Oct 13, 2011, 12:28 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
You mean Tundra tires LOL.

Looks ok, but why model after a replica?? Anyways this isn't the only WW1 model to have a lengthened nose, obviously it helps with CG but does not help scaleness.

The nose or / fuse looks squashed height wise too, could be the pic or the lenghthened nose throwing everything else off. LG struts looks miles better that PZ ones though.

Think the PZ would be a better scale starting point, easier than shortening and heightening the nose of this one. Of course those that don't care can fly it the way it is and enjoy it.

I'm not a SE5 guy, but choice wise I would take the PZ one as with the cost of shipping from HK to Canada it will probably be a wash price wise if I walk into the LHS and buy the PZ one, plus the parts availability locally. Now if HK would open a Canadian warehouse it would be better perhaps.
BrentP is offline Find More Posts by BrentP
Last edited by BrentP; Nov 01, 2011 at 09:58 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 03:04 PM
Joined May 2011
420 Posts
Plus the three weeks (at least) that it will take to ship from the time you purchase it. I would have liked another model tbh as the SE5a is already available elsewhere and considering the price of the durafly birds they have been releasing lately, when you include the shipping, you are not saving that much money compared to a Parkzone.
PepeM is offline Find More Posts by PepeM