Old Oct 10, 2011, 05:12 AM
Old Fart
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined May 2011
170 Posts
Discussion
Fitting 8mm Prop Adaptor to Eflite Power 60

Hello all,

Please accept my apologies if this has been asked before but I am currently trying to fit an Eflite 8mm prop adaptor to my Eflite Power 60.

This prop adaptor is the type that bolts straight on to the front of the Power 60 with 3 screws rather than the standard collet type arrangement.

Obviously, in order for this adaptor to fit the shaft in the Power 60 needs to be modified somehow to allow it to fit on the face of the bell. I can't seem to find instructions on this anywhere. How do modify the shaft to allow fitting of the adaptor?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob
Bob1959 is offline Find More Posts by Bob1959
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2011, 05:24 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
13,761 Posts
Are you sure that the Power 60 has that type of prop mount ?.

I had to look up an advert as I don't use them. The picture at the top shows a Power 90 with that sort of adapter, but not for the Power 60. - E-flite brushless motors

If there are no three screw holes on the front face, (only the four on the rear for the 'X' mount), then it just doesn't fit that motor.
eflightray is online now Find More Posts by eflightray
Old Oct 10, 2011, 05:29 AM
Old Fart
Joined May 2011
170 Posts
Hi Eflightray,

Thanks for your quick response. The Power 60 does have the 3 holes in the front and the adaptor I am trying to use is one of these:

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...rodID=EFLM1934
Old Oct 10, 2011, 08:49 AM
Canada, ON, Owen Sound
Joined Oct 2008
2,872 Posts
Hi Bob: two ways to deal with the too long shaft, Simplest is to cut it off with a Dremel. protect the motor from grindings by placing it in a plastic bag taped shut.
Second is to undo the set screws in the bell and push the shaft back thru the motor so its flush with bell front. Before pushing the shaft, remove the shaft collar and clip, separate the two halves of the motor. Eflite may have provided flats on the shaft for this or you may have cut your own. Be sure to install the collar in a flat at the back. Use blue locktite to reset all screws. Hope that helps. Doug B
Doug Bartley is offline Find More Posts by Doug Bartley
Old Oct 10, 2011, 10:08 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
13,761 Posts
Bob, if you look down in the 'Similar Threads' list, (just scroll down this page), the bottom thread has a picture of a Power 60 with Axi prop adapter, it shows the shaft has been moved through the motor, so it should be too much of a problem, (I hope).
eflightray is online now Find More Posts by eflightray
Old Oct 10, 2011, 05:52 PM
Old Fart
Joined May 2011
170 Posts
Many thanks for the very helpful replies Doug and Eflightray. Got it worked out now!

Eflightray, I did not even know that similar threads things was there - going senile in my old age

Thanks again,

Bob