HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 09, 2011, 10:16 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,864 Posts
Discussion
So I've got these two motors, what should I put them in?

Got this one
NTM Prop Drive Series 35-30 1100kv / 380w
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16230
and this one
Exceed RC Rocket 2814-1035KV/ 480w
http://www.hobbypartz.com/86mb22-roc...14-1035kv.html
and both of them need homes!

Rite now my hangar consists of
Radian pro
Kinetic 800
Mini Pulse
Yak 55
Extra 300 exp

The Yak and the Exp are most likely in for the season until the wind dies down and the ice freezes. I really don't have something that fits between the mini pulse and the two 3d planes and I also don't have a beginner plane that I can help people train on. I figure I could put together a radian from parts and use the NTM with a 11x8 props that I have around. Should have enough kick in it.

The rocket I have no idea about, like I said I don't have something that fits between the pulse and the 3d planes. Something sporty that isn't totally crazy but has a really nice slow flight characteristics would be great. The 42" slick looks tempting and I could just lower the rates on it and turn it into a sport flier but the motor is 10g heavier then the recommended omega.
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2011, 10:35 PM
Champlin, MN
Joined Feb 2010
214 Posts
I used a similar motor to that 35-30 in my SuperCub along with a Billet Aluminum Motor Mount that I got from Hobbyzone (http://secure.hobbyzone.com/search/CRCA1021.html) - I'm not sure if that's the exact one but if you bring the motor in the guys there should be able to get you the correct one. If you're in Buffalo MN hobbyzone's not far from you off 494 and Highway 55. It's now the plane that I use to let beginers fly, and it's able to carry more weight when I want to stick a camera on a plane that's the one I use.
Looks like the Rocket motor is around 115g. 10g too heavy for the 3DHS 42" Slick (I believe the 42 Slick calls for a motor between 72 and 103g now) - I'm not sure how big of a deal 10g would be - maybe run without a spinner and save a little weight there? The 3DHS 48" Edge might be a good airframe. The 48" Edge calls for a 130g motor - I've got the 130g Omega in mine and it's got plenty of power and rarely fly it over 3/4 throttle so a little smaller motor would probably be fine. Maybe just get a little bigger battery to help balance?
I had a 110g Turnigy motor sitting around so I got an EFlite FuntanaX for it. Lots of folks on here don't care for that plane, but I think it flies surprisingly well.
ferch is offline Find More Posts by ferch
Old Oct 09, 2011, 10:39 PM
Champlin, MN
Joined Feb 2010
214 Posts
Oh I forgot to say, search the 42" Slick and 41" 3DHS Edge theads on here for that Rocket motor - I'm pretty sure I read that some guys are using that on one of those airframes.
ferch is offline Find More Posts by ferch
Old Oct 10, 2011, 01:27 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,864 Posts
Got the slick, now what to do with the ntm?
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz