HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 09, 2011, 04:48 PM
More Speed Indeed!
USA, AZ, Tucson
Joined Nov 2007
1,022 Posts
Poll
2 Servos on One or Two Channels ?

What's the consenses on 2 servos (Say Alerons) on one or two channels? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, I think I know the answer but would just like others to reply.
Thanks for your time....
Hossinarizona is offline Find More Posts by Hossinarizona
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2011, 05:09 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossinarizona View Post
What's the consenses on 2 servos (Say Alerons) on one or two channels? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, I think I know the answer but would just like others to reply.
Thanks for your time....
One channel via a "Y" lead is an easy set up for small systems.

Two channels:
. Provides much more flexibility, permitting the use of electronic rather than simple in built differential, flapperons and more.
. With upper level TX such as a Hitec Aurora 9, user can reassign the channels so that both aileron channels are side by side e.g. 1&2 or 5&6 so as to avoid slightly different response times between the two channels. This is not noticeable on sports models but on top end (3D) models there is a delay between separated channels as signal goes in channel order.

more under "Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ." at:
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Alan T.
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Oct 09, 2011, 10:28 PM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossinarizona View Post
Thanks for your time....
The issue is not usually one or two servos, as it's often easier to use two, especially on aileron (we sued to use only one when servos were expensive). The real issue is where you have two servos, whether to drive them off one channel or two. Using just one channel and a Y-cable is simple to set up and often the obvious way to go. Using two gives you flexibility to adjust them separately and introduce flap or spoiler action. But for many purposes the flexibility is overrated. If you have to ask, you probably don't need it.

I'm assuming we are talking about small and medium size models, or at least fairly simple ones. For the big aerobatic models, the story is quite different and you should be looking for expertise in the appropriate forum.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66