HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Jurgen Heilig, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 06:28 AM
Joined May 2006
170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -MM- View Post
Hello!

I am sorry, but my A-310 is a unique. I build it almost without any drawings, just using a 3-fiew and photos from the real one.
I will put a lot of pictures and details from building process onto my new website (coming soon), but I donít have enough time to bring these Airbus into a commercial version at the moment. By the way; building/selling airplanes is not my main business.

I am sorry!
If things change, I will let you know

Martin
Well, thank you Sir, for replying!

I understand your feeling, once what we love to do, becomes commercial, then it's a job!!!

But keep up the creativity flowing, as it's inspiring!

I'll be looking forward to your site, and the construction articles for the A310.

One of my favorites aircraft is the A320, since I've been maintaining them with UAL in the past!

Regards,

Douglas
aeromechanic1 is offline Find More Posts by aeromechanic1
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2011, 09:00 PM
USA, PA, Westmoreland Co.
Joined Aug 2008
1,254 Posts
I was thinking the design could be licensed or sold to a larger model producer?
jonquinn is offline Find More Posts by jonquinn
Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:05 PM
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Nov 2010
509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonquinn View Post
I was thinking the design could be licensed or sold to a larger model producer?
i agree!!! but get a patent for it first so they don't steal your idea. Also if you ever do, then you should give the design to horizon hobby!
ian145 is offline Find More Posts by ian145
Old Feb 05, 2012, 04:57 AM
Just shut up and build!
Sri Lanka
Joined Mar 2010
642 Posts
Martin

I started the thread on helium filled planes here: I never imagined how successfully it could be done! Great work. With the plans I am sure many of these modellers will be able to knock these off in the hundreds.

Just another idea from me - hot air is also lighter than air, as you know, If you can use the hot air from the electric motor in the fuselage, it may work the same way without having to pay for and tranport and fill the plane with helium.

Yet another idea is to suspend the aircraft from its CG from a ceiling mounted lattice - like a container crane - but this will use up the entire room.

Finally , as it has been done before, power and control the aircraft through a long tether keeping the heavy batteries out of the airframe. Maybe pump in compressed air to a compressed air lightweight motor as well.

Anyone willing to try these ideas? Model plane flying is being squeezed into smaller and smaller spaces these days.
knlever is offline Find More Posts by knlever
Old Feb 05, 2012, 05:00 AM
Just shut up and build!
Sri Lanka
Joined Mar 2010
642 Posts
One more thing Martin, before the plans are out, just share the following:

Construction material:
Size of helium cell(s) and construction
Weight of airframe
Weight of helium cell
Motor/prop/EDF and battery

If you have the time, Thanks

In any case, you have made modelling history, I hope you know that!
knlever is offline Find More Posts by knlever