HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 08, 2011, 07:33 PM
Wannabe Flyer
United States, IL, Decatur
Joined Mar 2010
709 Posts
Video
Mcx2 Indoor Flight

This is my first heli i think its my 22 flight in the 3 days i've had it....night video to come

Enjoy!
MUSTANGP51LOVE is offline Find More Posts by MUSTANGP51LOVE
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2011, 09:16 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSTANGP51LOVE View Post
This is my first heli i think its my 22 flight in the 3 days i've had it....night video to come

Enjoy!
Pretty good flight, all I would say is you are being a bit aggressive with the throttle, as you probably already know you should never get that close to the ceiling

Trying to keep your mCX2 in a steady hover then flying in a circle keeping the same altitude is much harder than doing pirouettes and will teach you to have better control of your heli

There is another group on this forum that issues plane and heli challenges, you might have a brilliant time trying to do some of the past challenges and take part in the new ones posted

Here is the link - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1346831
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Oct 10, 2011, 11:50 AM
Wannabe Flyer
Joined Mar 2010
709 Posts
Thanks alot for the advice. I am a bit aggresive with the throttle(That comes from racing I guess) I'm having a hard time hovering when i get stable it sorta fly in a little circle. i dont have the manual to trim it any advice?
Old Oct 10, 2011, 12:38 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSTANGP51LOVE View Post
Thanks alot for the advice. I am a bit aggresive with the throttle(That comes from racing I guess) I'm having a hard time hovering when i get stable it sorta fly in a little circle. i dont have the manual to trim it any advice?
Hi,
When you say you get it stable and it flies in a little circle, this sounds a bit like TBE (Toilet Bowl Effect) and that is usually associated with the flybar or connecting buckles or both.

Here is a video from You Tube that should help you maintain your mCX2 in great flying shape.
Blade MCX2 Repair & Maintain-Disassembly & Hub Repair (15 min 23 sec)

This video will give you tips on flying
RC Helicopter Take Off & Landing Tutorial-How To (5 min 37 sec)

If you click on my name, this will take you to my blog and if you scroll down a bit you will see how to make yourself a cheap helipad from a cd case and the graphic is there to download and print as many as you want

There is also a great forum that has an E-flite section and you will find out tons of stuff about your heli here.
http://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130

Feel free to ask any questions and I will help as much as I can, flying helis can be brilliant fun but can also be very demoralising if thing are going wrong.

cheers John.
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Last edited by scotsoft; Oct 10, 2011 at 12:56 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 06:07 PM
Wannabe Flyer
Joined Mar 2010
709 Posts
Thanks ive had a lot of fun already flew planes but was always afraid to buy a heli until my little sister got one from a mall kiosk. i flew it more than her until it broke. then i decided to buy my own.