Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 12, 2012, 02:29 AM
Jose Angel
Espaņa, Comunidad de Madrid, Madrid
Joined Nov 2010
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
Didn't see binding mentioned in your steps.
There'll be no LED on the Rx until you perform the binding procedure, and you should
also do advanced binding at least once before that.

ian
PEBKAC
Problem exists between keyboard and chair
Now works like a charm.

Thanks Ian!
alvarezpja is offline Find More Posts by alvarezpja
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2012, 08:09 AM
Joined Jan 2011
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecworks View Post
When turning on the entire Rangelink system (plane and tx transmitter) does it matter in which order I turn on the system? Should I power up the Ranglink transmitter first and then the plane itself with the Rangelink receiver or do the reverse? Sometimes I turn the system on and my RSSI goes down to 1 and I have to perform the Servo Wizard thru the Eagletree software all over again. I wonder if this is because I'm not turning on the system in the right order.
Is that what happens when Eagletree loses control link? (I don't know anything about their products) is that what will happen if you accidentally lose control link while flying? if so, it sounds disastrous, you might want to check that out before flying!
npre is offline Find More Posts by npre
Old Jul 12, 2012, 09:35 AM
Joined Jul 2012
6 Posts
Hi everybody,

I've got a Graupner Mx-12 V2 Hott, and when i wan't to install my RangeLink, i don't find the Ppm signal / + / -...

I've seen on the web, for the Mx-12 in 41Mhz the ppm is yellow thread, + is red and - is black, but into my radio all threads are black or white.

Is there anybody that have done the modification, and can help me please ?

Thanks.
kev74 is offline Find More Posts by kev74
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:35 AM
alexw
Canada, QC, Vaudreuil-Dorion
Joined Jul 2011
16 Posts
Hello guy's,

I ordered my Rangelink today. I will be using it on my Skywalker plane. My setup is, 1.280 800mw video tx with a dipole antenna on the tail. I have a lpf on the video tx and a ferrite core on the power wire also. My osd gps is right in front of the motor on the top of the plane and my gps for my FY31AP is mounted on the top of the plane in the place of the pan servo. My camera is a Sony super had 600tvl. This setup works great and I have a very clear video signal.

Where would you suggest I mount my Rangelink receiver antenna? Can I make a Sander stlye 433mhz antenna and just leave it staight up in the center of the plane?

My video receiver is a 12 channel digital with the SAW mod. I have a 13DBI Yagi on my tripod with the receiver next to it. I am not using antenna tracking but I am turning the antenna myself. I will be standing right next to the tripod but at arms lenght away. Will my 433mhz TX cause any problems with my video signal?

You can get a sample of my video quality on my youtube channel...awenzl. Check out my 5KM flight.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Alex
alexw is offline Find More Posts by alexw
Old Jul 12, 2012, 03:05 PM
Joined Jul 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev74 View Post
Hi everybody,

I've got a Graupner Mx-12 V2 Hott, and when i wan't to install my RangeLink, i don't find the Ppm signal / + / -...

I've seen on the web, for the Mx-12 in 41Mhz the ppm is yellow thread, + is red and - is black, but into my radio all threads are black or white.

Is there anybody that have done the modification, and can help me please ?

Thanks.

Nobody can help me
Old Jul 12, 2012, 08:50 PM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
786 Posts
Quote:
Nobody can help me

Hello,can u post some pics?
MX-12 RADIO AND CHAINLINK(RANGELINK):
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...406367&page=59

Sid
sid.huang is offline Find More Posts by sid.huang
Last edited by sid.huang; Jul 12, 2012 at 08:59 PM.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 11:11 PM
United States, OR, Medford
Joined Nov 2011
166 Posts
Hey Sid I bought Rangelink from you and got it in the mail today thanks everything looks Great cant wait to get my plane going so I can try the Rangelink out. I did buy the USB2TTL from you and to comfirm is this for Driver updates on the TX and or RX? Also where does it plug in at on the RX and or TX? Also if its for Driver updates I shouldnt need it anytime soon right? O and is there a Manual for it? Thanks in advance
N485TG is offline Find More Posts by N485TG
Old Jul 13, 2012, 06:33 AM
Registered Crasher
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilox View Post
I have a Rangelink and I think it's great. But I was wondering....
How many Rangelinks can be used side by side at the same time.
(Friends flying FPV together)
Anyone?
Bilox is offline Find More Posts by Bilox
Old Jul 13, 2012, 08:15 AM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilox View Post
Anyone?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=96

Sid
Old Jul 13, 2012, 08:19 AM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N485TG View Post
Hey Sid I bought Rangelink from you and got it in the mail today thanks everything looks Great cant wait to get my plane going so I can try the Rangelink out. I did buy the USB2TTL from you and to comfirm is this for Driver updates on the TX and or RX? Also where does it plug in at on the RX and or TX? Also if its for Driver updates I shouldnt need it anytime soon right? O and is there a Manual for it? Thanks in advance
you can download the release 3.rar, it includes a readme.txt to show how to do upgrade
http://www.rangepiloting.com/rangelink-set-p-177.html

USB2TTL pins define and driver:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1144

BTW,your units is the lastest fw.(tx v1.27/ rx v1.24)

Sid
Old Jul 13, 2012, 11:52 AM
Joined Jul 2012
6 Posts
Hi Sid,

Sorry but i can't post pics, because i've an error message on my screen...

But i can send it by mail ?
Old Jul 13, 2012, 06:07 PM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
786 Posts
Quote:
Hi Sid,

Sorry but i can't post pics, because i've an error message on my screen...

But i can send it by mail ?
Ok,EMAIL TO ME, rangepiloting@hotmail.com

Sid
Old Jul 14, 2012, 12:24 AM
Marshall Islands, Enewetak Atoll
Joined Sep 2011
1,012 Posts
Quote:
Transmitter first on, and last off, regardless of what RC control system you're using.
Turning the Rx on first, or Tx off first is a great way to lose a finger, or an eye.

ian
Thanks to Marcus, Daemon, and Sid, and others for all you help, my Rangelink system (installed on a Twinstar II) is now flying great. I've been going out 3.5 miles with no problems. However today I flew with my GoPro and at about the 3 mile point the RSSI dropped from 85% down to 65, 45, and then 35. This was too much excitement for me and I turned back. From what I've been reading on this and other forums the GoPro raised the noise floor enough to cause problems at distance ranges, thought I wasn't expecting it at only 3 miles.

Are there any UHF 433 transmitter antennas with better performance than the stock 1/4 wave that comes with the Rangelink?
ecworks is online now Find More Posts by ecworks
Old Jul 14, 2012, 12:35 AM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,275 Posts
I've range tested the stock whip out over 30 miles. It's not really the weak link.
Figuring out how to lower the noise floor on your plane will take you a lot further.
Gotta get the UHF antenna away from your GoPro Hero HD. For whatever it's worth
the newer Hero2 is a lot less noisy.

ian
Daemon is offline Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 14, 2012, 12:53 AM
Marshall Islands, Enewetak Atoll
Joined Sep 2011
1,012 Posts
Quote:
I've range tested the stock whip out over 30 miles. It's not really the weak link.
Figuring out how to lower the noise floor on your plane will take you a lot further.
Gotta get the UHF antenna away from your GoPro Hero HD. For whatever it's worth
the newer Hero2 is a lot less noisy.

ian
I have the Hero 2, I've read that wrapping it in aluminum foil works.
ecworks is online now Find More Posts by ecworks