Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 05, 2012, 08:09 PM
Registered User
Daemon's Avatar
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid.huang View Post
Maybe you can try this,replace the saw filter:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1204316


Sid
It doesn't help. It's a problem with the cheap digital display video Rxs. They pick up
interference either directly on the 433Mhz primary, or very very close to it.
SAW filter on the IF doesn't have any noticeable effect.

ian
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2012, 04:58 PM
Crash=start of next project
CN I Dawg's Avatar
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Nov 2010
652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Sanford View Post
I just received my RangeLink system with TX and two receivers.

Last night I got the TX attached to my old Hitec Eclipse and it works great. Installed an RX in my EasyStar and it was plug and play and all works well on the bench. RSSI works perfect with Skylark Tiny OSD.

I did notice that the RangeLink TX does interfere with my cheap Sunsky 1280 MHz video RX. This is a documented issue with any UHF system. I guess it's time to by two Lawmate video receivers.

Next is to range test and then maiden!

Shipping was fast and Sid delivered as advertised. It looks to be a very nice product.

I'll report back after my first flight.

The Lawmate video Rx works very well as it has good front end filtering. You may also want to try one of these new products, http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...oducts_id=1020
CN I Dawg is offline Find More Posts by CN I Dawg
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 06, 2012, 05:46 PM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
It doesn't help. It's a problem with the cheap digital display video Rxs. They pick up
interference either directly on the 433Mhz primary, or very very close to it.
SAW filter on the IF doesn't have any noticeable effect.

ian
Thanks ,correct me
sid.huang is online now Find More Posts by sid.huang
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 06, 2012, 10:52 PM
Destructive testing expert!
Bill Sanford's Avatar
Bemidji, MN
Joined Dec 2003
903 Posts
I did a range check and a LOS test flight and the system worked great. My RSSI basically didn't drop below about 98% on a 0 - 100% scale flying out to about 600' LOS. The RangeLink system seems to work great.

I need to do a bit more work on my ground station and it'll be FPV time!

Bottom line is I'm very happy with both the product and service.

Bill
Bill Sanford is offline Find More Posts by Bill Sanford
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 08, 2012, 10:07 AM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2006
1,170 Posts
Ordered my rangelink today.
GhostRider32 is offline Find More Posts by GhostRider32
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 08, 2012, 10:13 AM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2006
1,170 Posts
Sid,
Will the RL system I ordered today have the latest TX 1.27 and RX 1.24 firmware and does it have the latest hardware, made after 03/12?

I assume it will but I forgot to ask this in the email.
GhostRider32 is offline Find More Posts by GhostRider32
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 08, 2012, 03:27 PM
I Wish I Was Flying...
sdueck's Avatar
United States, CO, Littleton
Joined Nov 2006
676 Posts
I am wanting to step into UHF, but one thing has been holding me back. I have been searching left and right and can't find an answer to this question...

Can multiple UHF systems be used at the same time within proximity to each other? This would include 2 of the same type (both rangelink, or both EzUHF, etc.) or 2 of different types (one of each).

The reason I ask is my father-in-law and I want to get UHF systems, but they need to be compatible at the same time/place.

I am asking in this thread because I am seriously considering the RangeLink system.

Scott
sdueck is offline Find More Posts by sdueck
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 08, 2012, 04:23 PM
Registered User
Daemon's Avatar
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,109 Posts
Yes, multiple systems can be used together.
There was what many consider a bug in early (before this year) DL systems that would cause
them to step on each other and sometimes even other UHF systems, but generally
speaking most of them will play ok together. Not at the scale of 2.4ghz RC though (don't
have the bandwidth to do spread spectrum).

With Rangelink you need to do an advanced binding on both Tx's to change their default
id (the seed for their pseudo random hopping sequence) so they won't step on each other.

ian
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 08, 2012, 05:13 PM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider32 View Post
Sid,
Will the RL system I ordered today have the latest TX 1.27 and RX 1.24 firmware and does it have the latest hardware, made after 03/12?

I assume it will but I forgot to ask this in the email.
Yes,after 2012-5 all order with newest fw(tx v1.27/ rx v1.24),and new tx(new SMA HEADER and PPM input has a level buffer so it will works with all brand RC Radio.)

Sid
sid.huang is online now Find More Posts by sid.huang
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 08, 2012, 05:22 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2006
1,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid.huang View Post
Yes,after 2012-5 all order with newest fw(tx v1.27/ rx v1.24),and new tx(new SMA HEADER and PPM input has a level buffer so it will works with all brand RC Radio.)

Sid
Sid,

The RL that I ordered today, when will it ship out?
GhostRider32 is offline Find More Posts by GhostRider32
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 08, 2012, 05:25 PM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Eccles
Joined Jun 2012
9 Posts
Hi can you tell me what is the price whit delivery to the United Kingdom ?
leszekjanik.lj is offline Find More Posts by leszekjanik.lj
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 08, 2012, 06:08 PM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider32 View Post
Sid,

The RL that I ordered today, when will it ship out?
tomorrow.

Sid
sid.huang is online now Find More Posts by sid.huang
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 08, 2012, 06:09 PM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leszekjanik.lj View Post
Hi can you tell me what is the price whit delivery to the United Kingdom ?
ems free shipping.


Sid
sid.huang is online now Find More Posts by sid.huang
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 09, 2012, 07:40 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2011
137 Posts
I sure wish I could get a reliable RSSI reading when using my Eagle Tree OSD Pro. I've tried both with and without the buffer, and no luck, RSSI just bounces all over the place. Anyone have any ideas? I have measured voltage out of the pin to be correct. I'm only running one line into the center pin of temp one on the elogger. Also have a ferrite bead wrapped about 15 times.

Any ideas? Maybe I need to use the RSSI buffer from eagletree and downgrade the firmware on the rangelink receiver? .............or just give up lol?
jb_bak is offline Find More Posts by jb_bak
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 09, 2012, 07:57 PM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb_bak View Post
I sure wish I could get a reliable RSSI reading when using my Eagle Tree OSD Pro. I've tried both with and without the buffer, and no luck, RSSI just bounces all over the place. Anyone have any ideas? I have measured voltage out of the pin to be correct. I'm only running one line into the center pin of temp one on the elogger. Also have a ferrite bead wrapped about 15 times.

Any ideas? Maybe I need to use the RSSI buffer from eagletree and downgrade the firmware on the rangelink receiver? .............or just give up lol?
here, all orders before 2012-3 , plus a rc filter between rssi out and gnd.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=871


Sid
sid.huang is online now Find More Posts by sid.huang
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yippee! DRAGON LINK - New V2, Professional Grade Long Range FPV System, Always in Stock ! JettPilot FPV Equipment 30858 Yesterday 10:49 AM
New Product ChainLink UHF Long Range System siim227 FPV Talk 2853 Jul 01, 2013 04:23 PM
New Product ChainLink--The new UHF narrow band long range system BEVRC FPV Talk 878 Jun 08, 2013 06:53 PM
New Product UHF Long range JR / Futaba module Hooks FPV Talk 18 Aug 13, 2012 05:46 AM
Sold [VDS]LRS thomas scherrer UHF + 2 receivers long range LTS49 FPV Equipment (FS/W) 8 Jul 22, 2011 03:55 PM