HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 23, 2012, 08:39 AM
Registered FPVer :)
Switzerland, LU, Buchrain
Joined Aug 2006
2,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauf View Post
I just ordered a Z2 and was wondering about the placement of the rangelink antenna.. would it work if i take a stiff tube to use on the top,so the antenna is straight up,and then let the lower part of the antenna hang loose under the wing?
or will this mess up the signal,if the antenna under the wing bends back under flight?

sorry,im terrible at explaining
You can do it that way, but aditionally also use a drink straw below the wing to also stiffen that part. Since the straw can easily bend back upon landing all you have to do is straigthen it bevor launch.

The turnstyle recommended by Loco is great, but you must be aware that having the tx antenna horizontal also means to have a null to the left and right of your position. This might form a problem with FPV as you are not always fully aware how the plane is positioned in relation to your location.

Markus
markus123456 is offline Find More Posts by markus123456
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2012, 08:43 AM
Australia, WA
Joined Oct 2011
555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus123456 View Post
You can do it that way, but aditionally also use a drink straw below the wing to also stiffen that part. Since the straw can easily bend back upon landing all you have to do is straigthen it bevor launch.

The turnstyle recommended by Loco is great, but you must be aware that having the tx antenna horizontal also means to have a null to the left and right of your position. This might form a problem with FPV as you are not always fully aware how the plane is positioned in relation to your location.

Markus
Cheers Markus, I didnt know that. That must be for very long range? .I flown 5kms away with my back to the plane
Locko is offline Find More Posts by Locko
Old May 23, 2012, 08:48 AM
Norway
Joined Aug 2011
243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus123456 View Post

Markus
cheers, will try a drinking straw Yeah, i saw the turnstyle antenna. Might buy one of those if i get trouble with the RL antenna.
Bauf is offline Find More Posts by Bauf
Old May 23, 2012, 09:02 AM
Joined Aug 2006
2,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locko View Post
Cheers Markus, I didnt know that. That must be for very long range? .I flown 5kms away with my back to the plane
In your back is no problem. The null is to the left and right of you if your tx antenna is horizontal (asuming paralell to your tx as it most likely would have to be based on how RL is constructed). I attached a little "hack" kind of a drawing to ilustrate what I mean.

HTH

Markus
Old May 23, 2012, 06:01 PM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
787 Posts
60cm antenna and radio stand back in stock.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...4#post19464076

rangelink set 2 -> 1tx+2rx ($287 shipped+no pp fee)

Sid
sid.huang is offline Find More Posts by sid.huang
Old May 24, 2012, 09:45 PM
FPV!
Joined Feb 2007
42 Posts
hi iam using range link and works well!! Many thanks sid.

I want to ask about binding prothocol. What is the different advange and normal bindig also first i did normal binding today i am trying advange binding. Push the button and waiting second bip and release button and open reciver see the light on the reciver and close transmitter and open transmitter it works well but how can i understand to do advange binding. is it true prothocol for second binding? or rangelink reciver just one time binding and i can't change binding mode?

Sory my english.
pisagor is offline Find More Posts by pisagor
Old May 24, 2012, 10:06 PM
Destructive testing expert!
Bemidji, MN
Joined Dec 2003
903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pisagor View Post
hi iam using range link and works well!! Many thanks sid.

I want to ask about binding prothocol. What is the different advange and normal bindig also first i did normal binding today i am trying advange binding. Push the button and waiting second bip and release button and open reciver see the light on the reciver and close transmitter and open transmitter it works well but how can i understand to do advange binding. is it true prothocol for second binding? or rangelink reciver just one time binding and i can't change binding mode?

Sory my english.
I just ordered a RangeLink with two receivers too. From what I understand, the advanced binding reseeds the frequency hopping table. All units ship with a standard frequency hopping table and advanced binding re-initializes the table with new unique random values. The reason to do this is so that you can fly with a friend who also has a RangeLink and they won't bother each other.

Sid, correct me if I'm wrong.
Bill Sanford is offline Find More Posts by Bill Sanford
Old May 24, 2012, 10:26 PM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
787 Posts
Yes,You are right. and will recalibrate all channels.
Old May 27, 2012, 12:05 AM
Australia, WA
Joined Oct 2011
555 Posts
Hi guys Ive got 2 Z2, One of them I get 20 meters on micro range test and the other I only get about 10 meters.

The one that I only get 10 meters on, How far range would that be?
Locko is offline Find More Posts by Locko
Old May 27, 2012, 12:13 AM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locko View Post
Hi guys Ive got 2 Z2, One of them I get 20 meters on micro range test and the other I only get about 10 meters.

The one that I only get 10 meters on, How far range would that be?
if the same condition, that one got 20m ,sensitivity a little better.
Old Jun 01, 2012, 04:18 PM
Joined Jan 2012
120 Posts
Is anyone using RL with a Turnigy 9X thats powered by 2 X 18650 li-ion batteries? Any issues with usage around the low end of the recommended 7-13VDC input voltage?
nieder2 is offline Find More Posts by nieder2
Last edited by nieder2; Jun 01, 2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old Jun 01, 2012, 04:33 PM
Joined Aug 2006
2,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nieder2 View Post
Is anyone using RL with a Turnigy 9X thats powered by 2 X 18650 li-ion batteries? Any issues with usage around the low end of the recommended 7-13VDC input voltage?
I use it with a 9x, but I use one of those dedicated tx 3s lipos available at HK and other places to power it... No problems whatsoever as obvioiusely the voltage there never drops that low.

Markus
Old Jun 01, 2012, 04:46 PM
United States, CO
Joined Sep 2011
67 Posts
Ditto... using Turnigy 9x with dedicated 3s 2650mAh Tx battery pack. No issues with low voltage.
wmartin is offline Find More Posts by wmartin
Old Jun 05, 2012, 10:46 AM
Destructive testing expert!
Bemidji, MN
Joined Dec 2003
903 Posts
I just received my RangeLink system with TX and two receivers.

Last night I got the TX attached to my old Hitec Eclipse and it works great. Installed an RX in my EasyStar and it was plug and play and all works well on the bench. RSSI works perfect with Skylark Tiny OSD.

I did notice that the RangeLink TX does interfere with my cheap Sunsky 1280 MHz video RX. This is a documented issue with any UHF system. I guess it's time to by two Lawmate video receivers.

Next is to range test and then maiden!

Shipping was fast and Sid delivered as advertised. It looks to be a very nice product.

I'll report back after my first flight.

Bill Sanford is offline Find More Posts by Bill Sanford
Old Jun 05, 2012, 08:00 PM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Sanford View Post
I just received my RangeLink system with TX and two receivers.

Last night I got the TX attached to my old Hitec Eclipse and it works great. Installed an RX in my EasyStar and it was plug and play and all works well on the bench. RSSI works perfect with Skylark Tiny OSD.

I did notice that the RangeLink TX does interfere with my cheap Sunsky 1280 MHz video RX. This is a documented issue with any UHF system. I guess it's time to by two Lawmate video receivers.

Next is to range test and then maiden!

Shipping was fast and Sid delivered as advertised. It looks to be a very nice product.

I'll report back after my first flight.

Maybe you can try this,replace the saw filter:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1204316

Sid