SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 01, 2012, 03:41 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
29,105 Posts
No, it's pretty solid even without the SAW filter mod, but there's some small improvement with.
It can be bought with the filter mod already done, for about the same price as a base Lawmate Rx.
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=516

ian
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2012, 03:46 PM
Bangkok
Joined Oct 2007
1,633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
No, it's pretty solid even without the SAW filter mod, but there's some small improvement with.
It can be bought with the filter mod already done, for about the same price as a base Lawmate Rx.
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=516

ian
Thank you, very appreciated.
AleG is offline Find More Posts by AleG
Old May 01, 2012, 04:32 PM
ITALY
Joined Aug 2006
418 Posts
Sid sold me this one and these cables...
no drivers for the usb tool...
and no wiring diagram
could Sid reply? and show us the wiring diagram both for rx and tx with the tool he sells?

thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tr0d View Post
Nice Mashton! Welcome to the party!

@brifa - here you go man:

As far as the rx goes, the ground (black wire) lines up with the rest of the grounds on the rx.
brifa is offline Find More Posts by brifa
Old May 01, 2012, 09:08 PM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
788 Posts
USB2TTL

1.PL2303

-------------RL
T --------- RXD
R---------- TXD
GND ------ GND

Driver:
http://www.prolific.com.tw/support/f...ler_v1.5.0.zip

2. CP2102 1

The pins Map On PCB bottom side
RL
TXD------- RXD
RXD------- TXD
GND------- GND

Driver:
http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/P...CPDrivers.aspx

3. CP2102 - 2

RL
TXD------- TXD
RXD------- RXD
GND------- GND

Driver:

Sid
sid.huang is offline Find More Posts by sid.huang
Last edited by sid.huang; May 06, 2012 at 07:29 PM.
Old May 02, 2012, 05:16 PM
ITALY
Joined Aug 2006
418 Posts
Thank you
but if you see
that one you sold to me has no that red bridge/cap... is it the same??
thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid.huang View Post
USB2TTL

1.PL2303

-------------RL
T --------- RXD
R---------- TXD
GND ------ GND

Driver:
http://www.prolific.com.tw/support/f...ler_v1.5.0.zip

2. CP2102 1

The pins Map On PCB bottom side
RL
TXD------- RXD
RXD------- TXD
GND------- GND

Driver:

3. CP2102 - 2

RL
TXD------- TXD
RXD------- RXD
GND------- GND

Driver:

Sid
Old May 04, 2012, 02:13 PM
ITALY
Joined Aug 2006
418 Posts
i'm waiting for an answer Sid...
please reply
Old May 04, 2012, 06:11 PM
FPV FTW
United States, TX, Brenham
Joined Jul 2011
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brifa View Post
i'm waiting for an answer Sid...
please reply
brifa - I'd probably get points if I told you what I really wanted to tell you. Pull the jumper that is connecting the tx/rx pins together on the usb adapter you posted a picture of. Presto! There's the jumper for you. lol
h0tr0d is offline Find More Posts by h0tr0d
Old May 05, 2012, 12:30 AM
Opt
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Oct 2010
412 Posts
Flew with two rangelinks today. We didnt do anything to either in terms of binding, they each worked out of the box. Both of us noticed a glitch or two and the response seemed slower. Is there a recommended proceedure for using more than one RL at the same time to avoid any interference issues?
Opt is offline Find More Posts by Opt
Old May 05, 2012, 12:34 AM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opt View Post
Flew with two rangelinks today. We didnt do anything to either in terms of binding, they each worked out of the box. Both of us noticed a glitch or two and the response seemed slower. Is there a recommended proceedure for using more than one RL at the same time to avoid any interference issues?
Try make one of them rebind at advanced binding mode. and before fly to make sure all units works fine,smooth control.

Sid
sid.huang is offline Find More Posts by sid.huang
Old May 05, 2012, 12:39 AM
Opt
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Oct 2010
412 Posts
Thanks Sid, will try that next time
Opt is offline Find More Posts by Opt
Old May 05, 2012, 06:13 AM
ITALY
Joined Aug 2006
418 Posts
There are pins ans red jumper on that picture that i don't have on mine.... you can see what i say on the picture i show...

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tr0d View Post
brifa - I'd probably get points if I told you what I really wanted to tell you. Pull the jumper that is connecting the tx/rx pins together on the usb adapter you posted a picture of. Presto! There's the jumper for you. lol
Old May 05, 2012, 08:34 AM
Bangkok
Joined Oct 2007
1,633 Posts
I just found out something, I don't know if anyone has experienced the same.

At the moment I'm using a Turnigy 9X transmitter with the RL and also a FrSky module. Today I was testing out my twin FPV plane (with RL) after flying my tricopter (with a FrSky receiver) I noticed that when I turned on the transmitter with the RL plugged in the display began to fade away, odd enough, odder yet when I saw that the fading was dependent on the RL antenna orientation... Then the shoe dropped, I removed the 7dB antenna from the FrSky connector and the fading disappeared.
The way I have the FrSky module wired a switch disconnects both GND and VCC, but the PPM input remains connected to the 9X transmitter. So whatever is being received by the FrSky module antenna it gets sent down the PPM cable to the 9X circuitry. Why that would make the screen fade, and I assume that's the only effect I can actually see, I don't have the slightest idea.

I'm sharing this in case someone else encounters a similar situation. In any case it may seem advisable to remove the antennas of any other modules on the radio when using RL.
AleG is offline Find More Posts by AleG
Old May 06, 2012, 04:35 PM
Joined Oct 2011
137 Posts
Can anyone help me get this RSSI sorted out to my OSD pro? I just bought the rangelink about 2 weeks ago, so I should have the new firmware right?

I measured around.5 volt (jumped a lot) out of the RSSI pin across ground with the TX off, and 3.28 volts with the TX on. So I connected the ground and signal(no v+) from the RX to the ground and center pin of temp 1 on my OSD pro. Changed the settings on osd menu to temp 1 rssi yes, calibrated and added it to my screen and changed name to signal......all i'm getting is 1%, no matter if my TX is on or off.

Anyone have any ideas? I calibrated using the "servo analysis wizard". Is this the same thing as the "safety wizard"??

Thanks!
jb_bak is offline Find More Posts by jb_bak
Old May 06, 2012, 08:28 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
29,105 Posts
Sounds like an OSD calibration problem, rather than an RL problem, unless the OSD is
putting too much load on the RL RSSI pins and it needs a buffered output (but that's
still really an OSD problem).

ian
RCG Plus Member
Old May 06, 2012, 08:31 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
29,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleG View Post
I just found out something, I don't know if anyone has experienced the same.

At the moment I'm using a Turnigy 9X transmitter with the RL and also a FrSky module. Today I was testing out my twin FPV plane (with RL) after flying my tricopter (with a FrSky receiver) I noticed that when I turned on the transmitter with the RL plugged in the display began to fade away, odd enough, odder yet when I saw that the fading was dependent on the RL antenna orientation... Then the shoe dropped, I removed the 7dB antenna from the FrSky connector and the fading disappeared.
The way I have the FrSky module wired a switch disconnects both GND and VCC, but the PPM input remains connected to the 9X transmitter. So whatever is being received by the FrSky module antenna it gets sent down the PPM cable to the 9X circuitry. Why that would make the screen fade, and I assume that's the only effect I can actually see, I don't have the slightest idea.

I'm sharing this in case someone else encounters a similar situation. In any case it may seem advisable to remove the antennas of any other modules on the radio when using RL.
433Mhz UHF frequencies can cause all manner of strangeness is various circuitry.
I hear it in the FM radio in my car, sometimes it messes with video receivers
(on their intermediate frequency) and video goggles directly.. etc. Best just to
keep em away, and in your case not let a 2nd antenna carry the signal inside.

ian
RCG Plus Member