HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 27, 2012, 02:45 AM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opt View Post
Build a buffer to amplifier the signal. You'll want a non-inverting opamp circuit with a gain of ~3 .
Is there any info on how to do this?
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 27, 2012, 02:53 AM
Registered Crasher
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,152 Posts
Does anyone have a link explaining how to do the firmware upgrade?
Bilox is offline Find More Posts by Bilox
Old Apr 27, 2012, 04:14 AM
Chris R
United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2009
713 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=352541

Bottom of that page.
Cir2kuk is offline Find More Posts by Cir2kuk
Old Apr 27, 2012, 08:15 AM
Joined Dec 2006
213 Posts
Hi Sid,

I just received the RangeLink set from you this morning. It looks great. Thanks for your good services.

I am going to mod my DX7 following the article here:
Interfacing Spektrum DX7 to either DragonLink, EzUHF, Thomas Sherrer, or ChainLink LRS

Because I don't have the quality 5 pins switched stereo 3.5mm female jack (the cheap one at my local shop is too bad, unuseable), I just only have the good 3 pin stereo 3.5mm female jack with no switches,

I would like to know If I just solder the ground pin, PPM pin and the V+ pin from the J2 connector at DX7 mainboard side in the picture above to the 3.5mm female jack for connecting with RangeLink Tx, will it work with no issue?

I don't care about the 2.4Ghz and 433Mhz transmitter working at the same time. I only care about if it will have an issue.

Thank you!
(Sorry about my bad English )
tuongnhu is offline Find More Posts by tuongnhu
Last edited by tuongnhu; Apr 27, 2012 at 08:23 AM.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 02:07 PM
Joined Sep 2011
342 Posts
Hi Sid,
I got my RL. Fast shipping, thanks. Units that shipped in April, what firmware do they have on?

Cheers,
Minh
flashervn is offline Find More Posts by flashervn
Old Apr 27, 2012, 04:46 PM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid.huang View Post
because JR radio out ac ppm signal, and old tx cannt handle this.

"Old Tx PPM input, ensures compatibility with 3.3v thru 12.0v PPM levels.(DC)"

Sid
Then how come it works after doing a few random things like power RL, then plug in ppm, Un-power RL, power RL and bingo, it works! It's not always that same routine but I can usually get it working after a while, and once it works it stays working till I turn it off. If there is no fix for it then so be it I'll just play the plug game but I still would like to be able to have it work first go every go?
Old Apr 27, 2012, 06:44 PM
Australia, WA
Joined Oct 2011
555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
Then how come it works after doing a few random things like power RL, then plug in ppm, Un-power RL, power RL and bingo, it works! It's not always that same routine but I can usually get it working after a while, and once it works it stays working till I turn it off. If there is no fix for it then so be it I'll just play the plug game but I still would like to be able to have it work first go every go?
Its abit on a worry not working every time, I'd be worry about failing mid flight.
Have you tryed a 2nd pnp cable?, to just confirm its not the cable
Locko is offline Find More Posts by Locko
Old Apr 27, 2012, 08:14 PM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,890 Posts
The cable works flawlessly on three other radios (DX8, Eurgle 9X and Turnigy 9X) so I think it's something to do with my JR PPM strength. I just have no idea how to boost it.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 11:01 PM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuongnhu View Post
Hi Sid,

I just received the RangeLink set from you this morning. It looks great. Thanks for your good services.

I am going to mod my DX7 following the article here:
Interfacing Spektrum DX7 to either DragonLink, EzUHF, Thomas Sherrer, or ChainLink LRS

Because I don't have the quality 5 pins switched stereo 3.5mm female jack (the cheap one at my local shop is too bad, unuseable), I just only have the good 3 pin stereo 3.5mm female jack with no switches,

I would like to know If I just solder the ground pin, PPM pin and the V+ pin from the J2 connector at DX7 mainboard side in the picture above to the 3.5mm female jack for connecting with RangeLink Tx, will it work with no issue?

I don't care about the 2.4Ghz and 433Mhz transmitter working at the same time. I only care about if it will have an issue.

Thank you!
(Sorry about my bad English )
Yes, you can do that, but still recommand you used the 5 pins switched stereo 3.5mm female jack. You just wanna to use the same battery right?
if not you directly to used the trainer port. with pnp cable 2.

Sid
sid.huang is offline Find More Posts by sid.huang
Old Apr 27, 2012, 11:04 PM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashervn View Post
Hi Sid,
I got my RL. Fast shipping, thanks. Units that shipped in April, what firmware do they have on?

Cheers,
Minh
tx v1.26/ rx v1.23; if you dont wanna to use the link qulity indicator,no need to do upgrade.

Sid
sid.huang is offline Find More Posts by sid.huang
Old Apr 28, 2012, 12:34 AM
Joined Dec 2006
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid.huang View Post
Yes, you can do that, but still recommand you used the 5 pins switched stereo 3.5mm female jack. You just wanna to use the same battery right?
if not you directly to used the trainer port. with pnp cable 2.
Sid
Yes, I want to use one battery for both dx7 and RL Tx
Thanks.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 07:40 AM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
The cable works flawlessly on three other radios (DX8, Eurgle 9X and Turnigy 9X) so I think it's something to do with my JR PPM strength. I just have no idea how to boost it.
Anyone?
Old Apr 28, 2012, 08:01 AM
Joined Dec 2006
213 Posts
You shound take a look at this tutorial: (your JR tx should be similar)

It said that the PPM’s signal power of the trainer port is a lot weaker than the internal PPM bus signal . So the solution is getting the PPM signal from the internal PPM bus, no need to have any extra booster.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 08:18 AM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,890 Posts
Hmmm, I think I may have to just use my DX8 when I get it back. I really don't want to screw around with the internals.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 08:24 AM
Registered Crasher
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cir2kuk View Post
Anyone else having trouble un-zipping the revision3.zip?
Bilox is offline Find More Posts by Bilox