HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 22, 2012, 02:10 AM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
787 Posts
so not yours ,peter his rx also the got glitchy..
maybe you can make a video to show me the issue,and how to do the advanced binding mode.
sid.huang is offline Find More Posts by sid.huang
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2012, 02:28 AM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,869 Posts
Yep, both systems were glitching.
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Jan 22, 2012, 03:23 AM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,474 Posts
And you tested that either one would stop glitching if the other one was off?

ian
Daemon is offline Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 22, 2012, 03:47 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2011
1,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
And you tested that either one would stop glitching if the other one was off?

ian
ahhhhh yeah mate.. this aint the first time either teamsherman or i have used RC gear... lol
PMRfly is offline Find More Posts by PMRfly
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 22, 2012, 07:17 AM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
Yep, both systems were glitching.
email to me.

sid
sid.huang is offline Find More Posts by sid.huang
Old Jan 22, 2012, 07:38 AM
NDw
Ireland, Limerick, Kilmallock
Joined Aug 2010
2,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tr0d View Post
Point being that you haven't posted enough information to help diagnose the issue. What antennas are you using on tx and rx? Are you holding the tx antenna vertical when you're pushing range?

I use the NA-771 whip attenuated down .5 db and the stock rangelink rx antenna Sid sells and still have 99% rssi @7km when I fly out in the middle of nowhere. When I fly in town around radio towers and on the other side of big buildings I take some big hits in RSSI even close in. Monitoring rssi is pretty much the MOST important thing to have on your OSD if you're attempting any range at all. According to your build pic I found, you're running CE OSD that requires you to solder 1 wire (instructions found on page 5 of ceosd manual) to enable the rssi display.
Out of curiousity did you find the NA-771 much better than the stock antenna? And why is it attenuated down .5 db?

Thanks.
NDw is offline Find More Posts by NDw
Old Jan 22, 2012, 10:12 AM
KK4CCD
United States, NC, Gastonia
Joined Apr 2011
97 Posts
I Received my RangeLink yesterday. Thanks Sid for the very fast shipping. 9 days.
I was expecting at least 2 weeks considering the Chinese New Year.

R/Hank
avi8tor0 is offline Find More Posts by avi8tor0
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:39 AM
FPV FTW
United States, TX, Brenham
Joined Jul 2011
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDw View Post
Out of curiousity did you find the NA-771 much better than the stock antenna? And why is it attenuated down .5 db?

Thanks.
Haven't really messed with the stock antenna for the TX. Sid recommended the diamond SRH-771 a while back and the Nagoya NA-771 is slightly less quality, but supposedly built in the same factory and half the price of the diamond. The only time I tested against the stock one was in micro power mode and I got a few steps more from the nagoya antenna over the stock one.

The RangeLink has good filtering on 1280Mhz, but when you have a lower output vtx and the vrx starts cranking in the gain at distance, it will start picking up more of the harmonic at (1299Mhz?) and distort the video. The clpfl 600 filter from digikey can be used on the rc tx, but it does attenuate the signal ~.5 db. A better SAW filter in the vrx will do the same thing, but it's harder to put in the vrx than it is to just screw the sma filter in line with the rc tx. Even with additional filtering that's really not needed (unless you're pushing distance), I'm seeing better RSSI numbers out of the RangeLink than I've seen from my friends with DragonLink.

Keep in mind that the issue with the harmonics is a problem with all UHF control systems used with 1280 video and not limited to the RangeLink.
h0tr0d is offline Find More Posts by h0tr0d
Old Jan 22, 2012, 03:38 PM
Auckland, NZ
Joined Sep 2009
373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid.huang View Post
yeap,works with 2s or 3s lipo.
Thanks for the reply sid, I have another question.

I don't use a ground station, I have a lawmate 1.3GHz receiver mounted to the side of my goggles.
(So the receiver is in close proximity to the rc system)
If I use your lrs would I need a band pass filter for the lawmate?

Thanks
bingo17 is offline Find More Posts by bingo17
Old Jan 24, 2012, 06:52 AM
RC pilot by soul
Israel
Joined Apr 2005
2,483 Posts
Guys,

How bad will the range go down if i install the Rx dipole not straight (180 degrees) but with vertical elements (90 degrees to each other) ?
i3dm is offline Find More Posts by i3dm
Old Jan 24, 2012, 07:11 AM
Registered FPVer :)
Switzerland, LU, Buchrain
Joined Aug 2006
2,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i3dm View Post
Guys,

How bad will the range go down if i install the Rx dipole not straight (180 degrees) but with vertical elements (90 degrees to each other) ?
Assuming you keep it still vertical, this equals a so called vee antenna. It will be directional towards the "closer" end at the cost of the more "open" side. 90 degrees is a lot. This aporach only works if you can place the antenna compared to the level of the plane like this ">" cause if one of the poles is in the horizontal plane the directivity of the antenna would point towards the sky. Provided you can mount it as a vee, you should have the open side point in front of the plane so as you have best reception if you trun back to you. Otherwise you would have a high gain link when flying out but would risk to loose the signal once you try to return home.

If you need an alternative rx antenna, check out IBCrazy's turnstyle antenna. This antenna can be mounted horizontally and has four poles. Note, it's not just a cross kind of dipole there is more to it, but it's a good solution i.e. for wings. You would have to have the transmitter antenna horizontally too though as this antenna is horizontally oritented.

HTH

Markus
markus123456 is offline Find More Posts by markus123456
Old Jan 26, 2012, 04:16 AM
near Stgt/Germany
Joined Feb 2003
1,147 Posts
Hello Sid,
not sure if already asked, why is it not possible to have HT on channel 10 and 11 with a 9ch RC radio, That would be a nice feature adding additional channels.
It should be only a fw upgrade.
mr..speed is offline Find More Posts by mr..speed
Last edited by mr..speed; Jan 28, 2012 at 05:09 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 05:31 AM
Joined Oct 2011
106 Posts
Anyone else running a sanders style antenna?

Got one made for the quad, seems to work alright

http://www.fpvmanuals.com/2011/03/23...nd-turn-style/
smarm is offline Find More Posts by smarm
Old Jan 26, 2012, 05:56 AM
Opt
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Oct 2010
399 Posts
Just got my rangelink
I have it working on the bench - it has bound and all servos are working.

When I connect the RSSI output to my OSD, the voltage jumps up and down between 0 and 1.5V or so. Any idea could be causing this?
Opt is offline Find More Posts by Opt
Old Jan 27, 2012, 01:00 AM
Australia, WA
Joined Oct 2011
555 Posts
Can you run your antenna like in this picture or will I loose range? ( Thats the wing picture)

If you run the antenna like this will you get interference from the Cp on 1w 1.3 lawman being so close?
Locko is offline Find More Posts by Locko