Old Dec 23, 2011, 09:46 PM
Crash=start of next project
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Nov 2010
808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavorVZ View Post
i run it on 3S 850mAh, 1 hour 32 min withouth problem...1300mAh will be perfect
Thanks. Current draw must be less than spec, plus I assume 100% high power. 1300mah is a much nicer size.
CN I Dawg is offline Find More Posts by CN I Dawg
Old Dec 28, 2011, 03:42 PM
FPV FTW
United States, TX, Brenham
Joined Jul 2011
229 Posts
Sid, I'm really liking my RangeLink...it's allowed me to push out further than I've been before. Here's a screen shot from my flight this morning. The link is so solid, I keep thinking my RSSI readout is broken.

h0tr0d is offline Find More Posts by h0tr0d
Old Dec 28, 2011, 11:49 PM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CN I Dawg View Post
Hi Markus,
Thank you. I think the 10CAG is a bit different since no RF Module. So it puts out PPM through trainer port all the time. There is no way to change. The internal module is set to transmit 10 Channel PPM. I wish I had a scope then I could measure amplitude and pulse width of the trainer port signal but I don't have one.
I did not try the pull up resistor yet but I got and email from Sid saying it would not help. I don't believe there is a R in the EZUHF. EZ does a lot of pre-testing to make sure their product works with all systems, as advertised. I am glad most are happy with the Rangelink but I may have to send mine back. The Futaba 10CAG is a very popular radio, it would be good for Sid to get the solution. I have not heard back from Sid since sending pics to him yesterday.
Dawg
Fixed.
sid.huang is offline Find More Posts by sid.huang
Old Dec 28, 2011, 11:50 PM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tr0d View Post
Sid, I'm really liking my RangeLink...it's allowed me to push out further than I've been before. Here's a screen shot from my flight this morning. The link is so solid, I keep thinking my RSSI readout is broken.

nice area for FPV...

thanks.

Sid
Old Dec 29, 2011, 08:13 AM
Joined Nov 2010
808 Posts
Quote:
Hi Markus,
Thank you. I think the 10CAG is a bit different since no RF Module. So it puts out PPM through trainer port all the time. There is no way to change. The internal module is set to transmit 10 Channel PPM. I wish I had a scope then I could measure amplitude and pulse width of the trainer port signal but I don't have one.
I did not try the pull up resistor yet but I got and email from Sid saying it would not help. I don't believe there is a R in the EZUHF. EZ does a lot of pre-testing to make sure their product works with all systems, as advertised. I am glad most are happy with the Rangelink but I may have to send mine back. The Futaba 10CAG is a very popular radio, it would be good for Sid to get the solution. I have not heard back from Sid since sending pics to him yesterday.
Dawg
Sid helped to get a solution. For those of you that have a 10CG Futaba, you will have to remove a couple of diodes on the RL Tx. They are surface mount and small but if you have soldered before you should have no problem. I am sure Sid will work on a solution that no post sales work will have to be done.
Dawg
Old Dec 29, 2011, 08:16 AM
Joined Nov 2010
808 Posts
Long Range Contest

Sid,
You should sponsor a long range contest with the RangeLink. That will get more attention in the community. It seems that many are having good results with your product but a contest will get noticed more.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 06:43 PM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
788 Posts
Hi, All,,
5/8 antenna from bevrc.
please dont use this antenna for chainlink/rangelink uhf system.
not full tested.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=74

Sid
Old Dec 29, 2011, 06:44 PM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
788 Posts
Quote:
Sid,
You should sponsor a long range contest with the RangeLink. That will get more attention in the community. It seems that many are having good results with your product but a contest will get noticed more.
thanks, nice idea.

Sid
Old Dec 29, 2011, 07:27 PM
Chris R
United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2009
713 Posts
Free Rangelink UHF system for anyone doing over 20km?
Cir2kuk is offline Find More Posts by Cir2kuk
Old Dec 29, 2011, 10:50 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2011
1,289 Posts
Hi all
Is everyone using "Advance binding mode" for every receiver they bind?
or are you only using "Advance binding mode" to bind the first receiver that you own?
manual is a little unclear?
cheers p
PMRfly is offline Find More Posts by PMRfly
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 29, 2011, 11:56 PM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMRfly View Post
Hi all
Is everyone using "Advance binding mode" for every receiver they bind?
or are you only using "Advance binding mode" to bind the first receiver that you own?
manual is a little unclear?
cheers p
Everytime when the Tx enters Advance binding mode, the ID will be changed, so all the Rxs binded with the Tx have to be binded again.so if you want to bind one Tx to multi Rxs, bind them at one time, or next time use the normal binding mode.

Sid
Old Dec 30, 2011, 05:03 AM
Registered Crasher
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,184 Posts
Hi Sid,

Just a quick question regarding micro mode.

I have 2 RL RX's and when I test in Micro mode I cant get any further than 4 Meters away and the servos are all jittering and with other RX I can get about 8M with no jitters?
This is with the video TX's turned off.

I did a quick range test in the car and got about 2KM (IN normal mode)
Should I be worried? (the manual says I should get 20-70M in Micro mode?)

Thanks!
Bilox is online now Find More Posts by Bilox
Old Dec 30, 2011, 05:08 AM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by biloxthecat View Post
Hi Sid,

Just a quick question regarding micro mode.

I have 2 RL RX's and when I test in Micro mode I cant get any further than 4 Meters away and the servos are all jittering and with other RX I can get about 8M with no jitters?
This is with the video TX's turned off.

Thanks!
>no antenna ? 20-70m just for ref range. not full test. because the tx at micro power mode, it not all the same, some tx out very low.

>it works great.

Sid
Old Dec 30, 2011, 05:14 AM
Registered Crasher
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,184 Posts
Yeah I thought the antenna's might have been broken but it tested OK!
Bilox is online now Find More Posts by Bilox