HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 22, 2011, 05:09 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2011
1,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid.huang View Post
i used both grounds for my RL LRS module when connecting to my 10CAP. i presume that does not matter, or should i remove one ground?
>no need, so also has a issue with 10CAP(use the trainer port)?
Hi Sid
actually my futaba 10CAP is working very well with range link. i made a module container and connected via module on futaba. both grounds are connected and it all works fine.

so from where i sit, i beleive Futaba 10CAP and module connection works very well with Range link.

my question was, is it a bad thing to connect both ground wire's?.

Its working fine, so should be ok? especially given ground is all common?

cheers
p
ps, thanks for the tip on digital servo.. i think the HK digital below is a bad one for interferance.. i need to test again, but i think it is causing interferance on my plane...

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._0_10sec_.html
PMRfly is offline Find More Posts by PMRfly
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 22, 2011, 05:16 PM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
787 Posts
so u confirmed rangelink work fine with 10CAP trainer port ,right?
----

my question was, is it a bad thing to connect both ground wire's?.

Its working fine, so should be ok? especially given ground is all common?
> yes, it\s ok, no need cut one of them.

i need to test again, but i think it is causing interferance on my plane...
>at plane never has so strong rf noise source.

Sid
sid.huang is offline Find More Posts by sid.huang
Old Dec 22, 2011, 05:17 PM
Crash=start of next project
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Nov 2010
689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMRfly View Post
Sid, i used both grounds for my RL LRS module when connecting to my 10CAP. i presume that does not matter, or should i remove one ground?

re: CAG problem.. i thought the integrated 10CAG futaba radio did not output PPM?? maybe that is the problem? although i am sure you would have checked that step?
10CAG puts out PPM on trainer port. I have a EZUHF operating off the same port without any problem. Switch Rangelink and EZ back and forth 2X EZ works fine, Rangelink has not worked. Still need some help...
CN I Dawg is offline Find More Posts by CN I Dawg
Old Dec 22, 2011, 05:42 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2011
1,289 Posts
Sid: so u confirmed rangelink work fine with 10CAP trainer port ,right?
Pete: No, i am not using trainer port on my 10cap. i am using the radio module slot on 10cap to connect range link. it works very well i think

Sid: >at plane never has so strong rf noise source.
Pete: i dont understand. i think the digital gear cause interferance to my uhf. u dont think so?
PMRfly is offline Find More Posts by PMRfly
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 22, 2011, 05:56 PM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMRfly View Post
Sid: so u confirmed rangelink work fine with 10CAP trainer port ,right?
Pete: No, i am not using trainer port on my 10cap. i am using the radio module slot on 10cap to connect range link. it works very well i think

Sid: >at plane never has so strong rf noise source.
Pete: i dont understand. i think the digital gear cause interferance to my uhf. u dont think so?
i misread it, sorry.

Sid
Old Dec 23, 2011, 03:20 AM
Registered FPVer :)
Switzerland, LU, Buchrain
Joined Aug 2006
2,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CN I Dawg View Post
10CAG puts out PPM on trainer port. I have a EZUHF operating off the same port without any problem. Switch Rangelink and EZ back and forth 2X EZ works fine, Rangelink has not worked. Still need some help...
It's easily possible that the EzUHF has an internal pull up resistor. So, did you tried to add a pull up (10k) resistor? You don't have to worry. If you hook it in between the PPM signal and VCC nothing bad will happen. The worest thing that can happen is that it still does not work.

Markus
markus123456 is offline Find More Posts by markus123456
Old Dec 23, 2011, 03:21 AM
Registered FPVer :)
Switzerland, LU, Buchrain
Joined Aug 2006
2,826 Posts
Quote:
Oh, and before I forget, you have to configure your Futaba such that it outputs 8-channel PPM and not PCM !!! I don't know EzUHF, so it might be that it can handle PCM, but RangeLink does definately not.

HTH

Markus
markus123456 is offline Find More Posts by markus123456
Old Dec 23, 2011, 07:13 AM
Joined Nov 2010
689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus123456 View Post
Oh, and before I forget, you have to configure your Futaba such that it outputs 8-channel PPM and not PCM !!! I don't know EzUHF, so it might be that it can handle PCM, but RangeLink does definately not.

HTH

Markus
Hi Markus,
Thank you. I think the 10CAG is a bit different since no RF Module. So it puts out PPM through trainer port all the time. There is no way to change. The internal module is set to transmit 10 Channel PPM. I wish I had a scope then I could measure amplitude and pulse width of the trainer port signal but I don't have one.
I did not try the pull up resistor yet but I got and email from Sid saying it would not help. I don't believe there is a R in the EZUHF. EZ does a lot of pre-testing to make sure their product works with all systems, as advertised. I am glad most are happy with the Rangelink but I may have to send mine back. The Futaba 10CAG is a very popular radio, it would be good for Sid to get the solution. I have not heard back from Sid since sending pics to him yesterday.
Dawg
Old Dec 23, 2011, 07:28 AM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
787 Posts
Quote:
Hi Markus,
Thank you. I think the 10CAG is a bit different since no RF Module. So it puts out PPM through trainer port all the time. There is no way to change. The internal module is set to transmit 10 Channel PPM. I wish I had a scope then I could measure amplitude and pulse width of the trainer port signal but I don't have one.
I did not try the pull up resistor yet but I got and email from Sid saying it would not help. I don't believe there is a R in the EZUHF. EZ does a lot of pre-testing to make sure their product works with all systems, as advertised. I am glad most are happy with the Rangelink but I may have to send mine back. The Futaba 10CAG is a very popular radio, it would be good for Sid to get the solution. I have not heard back from Sid since sending pics to him yesterday.
Dawg
The internal module is set to transmit 10 Channel PPM.
>It selectable ? Like Futaba 12FG fine in 8ch mode,but not at 12ch mode.

Sid
Old Dec 23, 2011, 07:33 AM
Joined Nov 2010
689 Posts
Quote:

Sid
I will try it at the lower setting. but i needed all 10 channels
Old Dec 23, 2011, 07:34 AM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
787 Posts
thanks Markus. futaba radio at trainer port maybe is a Push-Pull Out, so resister pull up useless.

Sid
Old Dec 23, 2011, 08:45 AM
Joined Nov 2010
689 Posts
Quote:

Sid
Ok, I switched to 7Ch, the only other option on the 10CAG and still not working. I have Aurora 9. I will try that too. I have to get the trainer pinouts...
Old Dec 23, 2011, 10:01 AM
FPV FTW
United States, TX, Brenham
Joined Jul 2011
229 Posts
Quote:
Ok, I switched to 7Ch, the only other option on the 10CAG and still not working. I have Aurora 9. I will try that too. I have to get the trainer pinouts...
I run my rangelink on an Aurora 9, it's plug and play with Sid's PNP cable #2.

If you use the trainer port, the tip of the mono plug is PPM and the bigger part is ground. If you tap the module connectors, use this pinout. Remember that with the A9 you'll need to power the RangeLink with a separate 3S lipo.
h0tr0d is offline Find More Posts by h0tr0d
Old Dec 23, 2011, 12:56 PM
Joined Nov 2010
689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tr0d View Post

If you use the trainer port, the tip of the mono plug is PPM and the bigger part is ground. If you tap the module connectors, use this pinout. Remember that with the A9 you'll need to power the RangeLink with a separate 3S lipo.
Thank you. Yeah, the seperate 3S is why I prefer the 10CAG, with a big, fat aftermarket NiMH battery that can run all day long.
Dawg
Old Dec 23, 2011, 04:13 PM
Joined Nov 2010
689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tr0d View Post

Ok. Connected Rangelink through RF Module pins and powered up with 3S LiPo and all works at close range.

Sid, please figure out what is going on on 10CAG. Many using this radio in China and other places.

What size 3S do you use and how long does it last? I would like about 1.5 hrs, so my calcs say about 2200mah would do it with some reserve.