SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 09, 2011, 01:54 AM
Kiwi in Germany
whakahere's Avatar
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,294 Posts
the packing is a killer sid. It is more than the item.
whakahere is offline Find More Posts by whakahere
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2011, 04:06 AM
Registered FPVer :)
markus123456's Avatar
Switzerland, LU, Buchrain
Joined Aug 2006
2,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whakahere View Post
no that is tiny. 40mm, 4cm across. what are yours?
Hmm, I aparently don't get what you mean as there is no diameter of anything of 4cm except maybe for the reflector, but since this is all not related to RangeLink, send me a mail or PM me to continue this discussion.

Markus
markus123456 is offline Find More Posts by markus123456
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 09, 2011, 02:30 PM
RC pilot by soul
Israel
Joined Apr 2005
2,530 Posts
Hello Sid,

Does the Rangelink Tx module work with CL Rx's ?
i3dm is offline Find More Posts by i3dm
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 09, 2011, 05:54 PM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i3dm View Post
Hello Sid,

Does the Rangelink Tx module work with CL Rx's ?
no.

Sid
sid.huang is offline Find More Posts by sid.huang
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 09, 2011, 06:08 PM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whakahere View Post
the packing is a killer sid. It is more than the item.
an exposed pcb filter,just like from foxtech or bevrc. cheap. but not metal case, so it easily damaged...



Sid
sid.huang is offline Find More Posts by sid.huang
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2011, 05:16 PM
RC pilot by soul
Israel
Joined Apr 2005
2,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid.huang View Post
no.

Sid
why not ?
can you custome make a module that would work with my CL Rx's ?
im thinking about replacing my CL to RL but i have 5 CL Rx's at hand.
i3dm is offline Find More Posts by i3dm
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2011, 05:54 PM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
vvV FANG Vvv's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Eurongilly
Joined Aug 2008
2,039 Posts
Yeah i see this one being asked quite a bit Sid, it might be good if DavorZ could add some of this to the first post.

So for the record nothing between the Chainlink and Rangelink are compaitable?
vvV FANG Vvv is offline Find More Posts by vvV FANG Vvv
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2011, 06:43 PM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
788 Posts
rangelink improve design ,not just at fw, the hw also change. so CL incompatible with RL; so cannt just change the rangelink transmitter fw to compatible with cl rx and get rangelink all feature.

BTW, to buy a filter for your chainlink transimitter, i think no need to upgrade...

I will continue to sell the chainlink receiver, so you dont worry about where to buy chainlink receiver.


Sid
sid.huang is offline Find More Posts by sid.huang
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2011, 04:36 PM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2005
25 Posts
Chainlink Wiring Harness

Is it possible to earth the module like i have shown below. Its not so handy with this tx i am using and a sim cable with only 2 wires.
lexzoom is offline Find More Posts by lexzoom
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2011, 04:57 PM
RC pilot by soul
Israel
Joined Apr 2005
2,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid.huang View Post
rangelink improve design ,not just at fw, the hw also change. so CL incompatible with RL; so cannt just change the rangelink transmitter fw to compatible with cl rx and get rangelink all feature.

BTW, to buy a filter for your chainlink transimitter, i think no need to upgrade...

I will continue to sell the chainlink receiver, so you dont worry about where to buy chainlink receiver.


Sid
i do have a filer (LPF 700) on the Tx, have a look at this:

CL UHF interference (1 min 6 sec)


BTW - can you avoid some features and then still be compatible with CL Rx's ?
i3dm is offline Find More Posts by i3dm
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2011, 07:13 PM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexzoom View Post
Is it possible to earth the module like i have shown below. Its not so handy with this tx i am using and a sim cable with only 2 wires.
yes. but i think the sim cable is a shield cable,right,so the shield is GND.



Sid
sid.huang is offline Find More Posts by sid.huang
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2011, 07:14 PM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i3dm View Post
i do have a filer (LPF 700) on the Tx, have a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrsVu...el_video_title

BTW - can you avoid some features and then still be compatible with CL Rx's ?
show me the lpf datasheet.


Sid
sid.huang is offline Find More Posts by sid.huang
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2011, 03:15 PM
FPV-real flying without the Gs
Canada, AB, Coaldale
Joined May 2011
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid.huang View Post
I will continue to sell the chainlink receiver, so you dont worry about where to buy chainlink receiver.


Sid
you have the original chain link recievers? What is the cost? I have 1 Rx but 2 planes and I hate swapping stuff
rccunuk is offline Find More Posts by rccunuk
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2011, 04:17 PM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2005
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid.huang View Post
yes. but i think the sim cable is a shield cable,right,so the shield is GND.



Sid
Thanks Sid.
The sim cable i have is not shielded so i was hoping just to run both earths to the tx battery on a y lead or similar. You cant see any problem with this i hope Sid?
lexzoom is offline Find More Posts by lexzoom
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2011, 06:13 PM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexzoom View Post
Thanks Sid.
The sim cable i have is not shielded so i was hoping just to run both earths to the tx battery on a y lead or similar. You cant see any problem with this i hope Sid?
dont worry, chainlink/rangelink internal has protect circuit. just try it.


Sid
sid.huang is offline Find More Posts by sid.huang
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yippee! DRAGON LINK UHF - Made in USA, Professional Grade, Fully Guaranteed. JettPilot FPV Equipment 35856 Yesterday 05:23 PM
New Product ChainLink UHF Long Range System siim227 FPV Talk 2853 Jul 01, 2013 05:23 PM
New Product ChainLink--The new UHF narrow band long range system BEVRC FPV Talk 878 Jun 08, 2013 07:53 PM
New Product UHF Long range JR / Futaba module Hooks FPV Talk 18 Aug 13, 2012 06:46 AM
Sold [VDS]LRS thomas scherrer UHF + 2 receivers long range LTS49 FPV Equipment (FS/W) 8 Jul 22, 2011 04:55 PM