HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 03, 2011, 04:30 AM
Totally lost into FPV
Austria
Joined Feb 2011
175 Posts
Perfect thanks. That makes it very competative what kind of Lipo should i use with the DX6i. 3S 2200mah? (How long can i fly with this Lipo).

Price is 225 $, free shipping and order via mail from you Sid?

Thanks
Reely is offline Find More Posts by Reely
Last edited by Reely; Dec 03, 2011 at 05:07 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2011, 11:05 AM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
788 Posts
Reely;20037672]Perfect thanks. That makes it very competative what kind of Lipo should i use with the DX6i. 3S 2200mah? (How long can i fly with this Lipo).
>depend low power or high power
rangelink master
low power - 12v@120mA
high power - 12v@180mA

Price is 225 $, free shipping and order via mail from you Sid?

>YES,+ PP FEE,email to me,i will show u how to order.

Sid
sid.huang is offline Find More Posts by sid.huang
Last edited by sid.huang; Dec 03, 2011 at 11:49 PM.
Old Dec 05, 2011, 08:56 PM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
788 Posts
1.2GHZ Vide System+GOPRO+FY21AP+RangeLink LRS + Skywalker
>>> Low power 200mW, 18KM/230M-HIGH, return because lost video link....

http://www.baronerosso.it/forum/fpv-...pettacolo.html

Sid
Old Dec 05, 2011, 09:30 PM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Australia, NSW, Eurongilly
Joined Aug 2008
2,039 Posts
Hi, just thought id mention something about the radio holder...

I have one for my ChainLink and my Turnigy 9x and i now mount the module on the inside of the holder (Between the holder and the radio).

I do this so the balance of the module is better and it will automatically change angles better .... it also means the cable cant become unplugged when i swing it too much.
vvV FANG Vvv is offline Find More Posts by vvV FANG Vvv
Old Dec 05, 2011, 10:10 PM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUd~Fokker View Post
Hi, just thought id mention something about the radio holder...

I have one for my ChainLink and my Turnigy 9x and i now mount the module on the inside of the holder (Between the holder and the radio).

I do this so the balance of the module is better and it will automatically change angles better .... it also means the cable cant become unplugged when i swing it too much.
nice idea, maybe your radio holder too short...
and not easy to touch the two ways switch when you fly.

LxW = 140mm x 70mm

Sid
Old Dec 05, 2011, 10:35 PM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Joined Aug 2008
2,039 Posts
It works so well i never use the high power mode Sid!

But yeah i think it has slid down a bit since i have my cable ties a bit loose. Usually it sits so the bottom of the CL unit is close to the pins in the 9x back .....

Thanks for noticing that ... i have now fixed it up!
Old Dec 06, 2011, 10:08 AM
FPV FTW
United States, TX, Brenham
Joined Jul 2011
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid.huang View Post
1.2GHZ Vide System+GOPRO+FY21AP+RangeLink LRS + Skywalker
>>> Low power 200mW, 18KM/230M-HIGH, return because lost video link....

http://www.baronerosso.it/forum/fpv-...pettacolo.html

Sid
Via Google Translate:
Quote:
We did some tests with the Rangelink produced by Mr. Huang Sid and we were very happy. We compared the old chainlink and we can say that there is no history. The improvements are there and can be seen.
We tested all of a skywalker equipped with a video system at 1.2GHz, and stabilizer onboard GoPro Feiyue FY21AP tech.
The launch was made from sea level, and we went up to 18 km (and only 230 meters high), then the video transmission was failing and we returned to base. We did the same test with a chainlink and 11 km we had to steer to return. The Video is failed (with the same electronics used Rangelink).
The thing that surprised us is that on the return (with video transmitter antenna of the shadow on the model) the video of the first text (Rangelink) has not disappeared with the chainlink while the video is almost entirely disappeared. Unbelievable! No filters used.
Look at 'the attached picture !?!?! 18,341 meters walked!
Wow Sid, 11 miles on low power is great news.
h0tr0d is offline Find More Posts by h0tr0d
Old Dec 06, 2011, 11:46 PM
Joined Oct 2010
22 Posts
ordered one from Sid earlier today...looking forward to trying it out when it arrives
hairbag is offline Find More Posts by hairbag
Old Dec 07, 2011, 07:47 PM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Joined Aug 2008
2,039 Posts
Sid, I have been working on re-writing your blog bit on the RangeLink ... just trying to make it a bit easier to read and fix speling ect et me know if it is ok or if there are some things you do not understand.

Also let me know if there are other things you would like me to do. Perhaps i will look at the user manual!

I will post old one in this post and new one below it so others might see if other things are needed.

_----------------------_____
ORIGINAL

RangeLink LRS-upgrading from a mature LRS(ChainLink)(433MHz/70cm Ham band operation).

Warnings:
1. Make suer you can use this system legally. RangeLink is in UHF ISM band, in most of the countries, you can use it legally if you have a HAM license.
2. Although this system can give you a 10km-40km range under proper installation and usage, we still strongly recommand you fly in proper range and height.
3. In order to get the best experience with this system, some knowledge about basic electronics and RF are needed.

We know what a real FPV/UAV flier needs:
1: RSSI function: Let you know the receiver's signal strength during your flight;
2: PPM output: for some OSDs with PPM input function, you can just plug one wire for the RTH function;
3: Power switch: It's the power switch that can be switched during your flight in 1 second, the real power switch that can make your flight safer, because you can switch to high power mode immediately when you get into failsafe, which means you can fly without any device that can get your plane back when you lose control, when you get into failsafe, just pull the switch , and you will get your control back immediately; What's more, the RangeLink has a micro-power mode built in, so you can do the pre-flight range test easily, no need some small and easily lost dummy load.
4: 12 channels pwm singal output: As a FPV/UAV flier, You will never think your radio has enough channels for your different usage.
5: Strongly filtered: Fully tested with diffrent frequency bands of video Txs, and have a better power design for both the Tx and Rx module.
6: High sensitivity: -115dBm, the highest in the market, which means our 500mw RangeLink system can give the same or more range than other 1w and 2w UHF system(yes of course, this is the truth, we have done the tests many times).Less power,but more range.
7: Compatibility: RangeLink can work with any 4-12 chans radio in the market basically, no matter the PPM signal is positive or negative.

Features/Specification:
1. Robust FHSS Link
2. UHF ISM Band 433MHZ(431-435MHZ).
3. Two ways RF power swith Low power(200mW)/High power(500mW).
4. Headertracker input, adding head-tracker compatibility to most radios.
5. PPM input, ensures compatibility with 3.3v thru 12.0v PPM levels.
6. Single pushbutton useful enter range test mode or failsafe settings mode.
7. flexible binding funtion, support multimaster mode.
8. TTL UART for firmware upgrades.
9. RangeLink Maseter Built-in LPF(900-1300MHZ rejection Loss over 45dB,2.4GHZ band rejection Loss over 40dB).
10. RangeLink Slave Built-in SAW band pass filter.
11. Failsafe Cancelable, useful for MK Failsafe detector.
12. RangeLink Master 7-13 VDC, 806424mm , 125g
a) high power mode 500mW 12V@180mA
b) low power mode 200mW 12V@120mA
c) micro power mode < 1mW 12V@50mA
13. RangeLink Slave 4.8-6 VDC(Recommand 5V), 402612mm , 18g
a) 12CH PWM Output
b) RSSI Buffered 0-3.2V
c) PPM Signal Output
d) Sensitivity: -115dBm
Old Dec 07, 2011, 07:54 PM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
788 Posts
Hi,vvV FANG Vvv Many thanks.

May i send the manual to u , it in .doc(MS word) Mode,so u can edit it.

Sid
Old Dec 07, 2011, 07:55 PM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Joined Aug 2008
2,039 Posts
New Version
_-------

The RangeLink Long Range System (LRS) is a new LRS produced by the designer and manufacturer of the original ChainLink LRS (433MHz/70cm Ham band operation). It offers many new features and improvements including some that are not available on other LRS!

RangeLink LRS has been developed to meet the needs of todays modern FPV/UAV pilots and includes the following features
1: RSSI output function: Let’s you know the receiver's signal strength during your flight when linked with an On Screen Display (OSD) that allows RSSI inputs. Many of today’s modern OSD units have this capability.
2: PPM output: For some OSD’s with PPM input function, you can just plug one wire for the RTH function.
3: High and Low Power switch: The power switch allows the user to quickly switch from the low power 200mw (which is all you need for most flights), to the high power setting 500mw. It can make your flight safer, because you can switch to high power mode immediately when you get into failsafe, which means you can fly without any device that can get your plane back when you lose control, because when you get into failsafe you just pull the switch, and you will get your control back immediately! What's more, RangeLink has a micro-power mode built in, so you can do the pre-flight range test easily. There is no more need to use a small and easily lost dummy load for range testing.
4: 12 channels PPM signal output: As a FPV/UAV flier, RangeLink provides enough channels to allow for the controlling of all your different components.
5: Strongly filtered: Fully tested with different frequency bands of Video transmitters and has a better power design for both the Tx and Rx module meaning less interference.
6: High sensitivity: -115dBm, the highest in the market, which means our 500mw RangeLink system can give the same (or better) range than other 1w and 2w UHF systems. This might sound hard to believe, but it has been tested many times. Essentially it uses less power, but more provides increased range.
7: Compatibility: RangeLink can work with any popular 4-12 Channel radio in the market, and it does not matter if the PPM signal is positive or negative!

Features/Specification:
1. Robust FHSS Link.
2. UHF ISM Band 433MHZ (431-435MHZ).
3. Two position RF power switch ~ Low power (200mW) ~ High power (500mW).
4. Headtracker input ~ adds head-tracker compatibility to most radios.
5. PPM input ~ ensures compatibility with 3.3v thru 12.0v PPM levels.
6. Single pushbutton range test mode or failsafe settings mode.
7. Flexible binding function and supports MultiMaster mode.
8. TTL UART for firmware upgrades.
9. RangeLink Master Built-in LPF( 900-1300MHZ rejection Loss over 45dB,2.4GHZ band rejection Loss over 40dB).
10. RangeLink Slave Built-in SAW band pass filter.
11. Failsafe Cancellable ~ useful for MK Failsafe detector.
12. RangeLink Master 7-13 VDC, 806424mm , 125g
a) high power mode 500mW 12V@180mA
b) low power mode 200mW 12V@120mA
c) micro power mode < 1mW 12V@50mA
13. RangeLink Slave 4.8-6 VDC (Recommend 5V), 402612mm , 18g
a) 12CH PWM Output
b) RSSI Buffered 0-3.2V
c) PPM Signal Output
d) Sensitivity: -115dBm

Warnings/Notices:
1. RangeLink operates in the UHF ISM band, which in most countries you can use legally if you have a HAM license. It is the responsibility of the user to ensure they are complying with their local laws when using this product.
2. Although this system can give you a 10km-40km range under proper installation and usage, we still strongly recommend you fly within proper range and height.
3. In order to get the best experience with this system, some basic knowledge of electronics and Radio Frequencies (RF) are needed. The RangeLink LRS comes with detailed installation instructions, and support is also provided to assist your installation via the rcgroups forum.
Last edited by vvV FANG Vvv; Dec 07, 2011 at 08:27 PM.
Old Dec 07, 2011, 08:23 PM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Joined Aug 2008
2,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid.huang View Post
Hi,vvV FANG Vvv Many thanks.

May i send the manual to u , it in .doc(MS word) Mode,so u can edit it.

Sid
Hi Sid, you see i changed my name from bUd~Fokker !

I can download the pdf, but if you have it in word (.doc) so i can edit it better please send to budmulla@hotmail.com

Again i am not sure if the above is still right ... others people on here may have other suggestions too. Once sorted i will remove these posts.
Old Dec 07, 2011, 09:20 PM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
788 Posts
thanks mates, update to my blog.

Sid
Old Dec 08, 2011, 02:55 AM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
788 Posts
delete...
Last edited by sid.huang; Dec 08, 2011 at 03:22 AM. Reason: PM to a person.
Old Dec 08, 2011, 03:28 AM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
788 Posts
Let's Start DIY Antenna For RangeLink/ChainLink

a Moxon Rectangle
http://n3wwn.futuretek.cx/calcs/moxon.php4

http://www.moxonantennaproject.com/2E0RHM/2E0RHM.htm

http://www.dxzone.com/cgi-bin/dir/jump2.cgi?ID=19024

Sid
Last edited by sid.huang; Dec 08, 2011 at 03:53 AM.