HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 08, 2013, 11:41 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
27,710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakar View Post
Hey guys I got my rangelink in the mail the other day but I am running into problems....

The Tx is hooked up fine and will turn on and enter bind mode etc, but the receiver wont turn on at all.

I have confirmed that I am giving it 4.96 volts from my esc but I cannot get the led to turn on and it does not seem like the receiver is functioning at all. I have tried a different esc and a couple of the other sets of pins but nothing as well.

Any ideas on what this could be? Is my receiver dead?

The LED won't come on until you follow the bind procedure.
Power up Tx in bind mode.
Power up Rx (with an antenna connected).
De-power both Tx and Rx.
Re-power both, and LED should light up and flicker rapidly.
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Daemon; Mar 09, 2013 at 01:12 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2013, 12:54 PM
Joined Sep 2010
260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
No, nothing needs to be plugged into Rx to set failsafe. You sure it had a good bind before
that? And you're only holding the button down 4-5 seconds?
Hi,thanks I was holding after led come off and it come on again a bit confused for that.
But after rebinding to cancel failsave and setting it again the Rx led blink only 1 time not 3 like in the manual but it's ok it retain position
flye is offline Find More Posts by flye
Old Mar 09, 2013, 09:00 PM
Joined Feb 2012
458 Posts
I was flying today with some friends using rangelink . 3 of us have rangelink . I have a quadcopter and the other 2 are wings. I have never flown my Quadcopter with ranglink while another rangelink is on because I didnt trust that it would not failsafe. My 2 friends with Wings fly together both rangelink at the same time seemingly without issue . My quadcopter has been without issue . My friend ran his wing out of battery and had to land far away he walked to pick up the wing and since we were not sure if his failsafe was set and we did not want his prop to spin up in his hand we left his rangelink on. I wanted to fly my quad over to him and follow him with my quad as he walked back with his wing so this was the first time I flew my quad with another rangelink on at the same time . I flew over to his location about 300m and my quad fell out of the air. from the video all motor stop at the same time and this is my failsafe setting throttle zero I did not see the receiver indicator when I got the quad back I unplugged it before I remembered to look for anything on the receiver. Oh well I broke one prop and everything else seems fine . I crashed into semi soft snow.
So not knowing if it really was a lost signal my question is is that probably correct? This quad has not dropped out of the sky before and the only thing that was different about the flight was the second rangelink in operation. But then why can the 2 wing fly together without issue ?
Steve34 is offline Find More Posts by Steve34
Old Mar 09, 2013, 09:19 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
27,710 Posts
If you want to fly together, you all need to do advanced binding some different
number of times. While I don't particularly think this is a good idea, all RL Txs come
set to the same system ID. Every time you do an advanced binding it changes the ID,
but I believe it follows the same psuedo random sequence so if two of you
either haven't done advanced binding at all, or do it the same number of times,
you'll end up on the same id, and conflict with each other's signals.

BTW, it's pretty easy to see if you're on the same ID. When
the other guy's Tx is on, power up your RL Rx and see if it
links to their Tx.

ian
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 10, 2013, 11:07 AM
Joined Feb 2012
458 Posts
Quote:
If you want to fly together, you all need to do advanced binding some different
number of times. While I don't particularly think this is a good idea, all RL Txs come
set to the same system ID. Every time you do an advanced binding it changes the ID,
but I believe it follows the same psuedo random sequence so if two of you
either haven't done advanced binding at all, or do it the same number of times,
you'll end up on the same id, and conflict with each other's signals.

BTW, it's pretty easy to see if you're on the same ID. When
the other guy's Tx is on, power up your RL Rx and see if it
links to their Tx.

ian
Next we go out we will check that out . Thanks
Steve34 is offline Find More Posts by Steve34
Old Mar 11, 2013, 01:02 AM
Foam Snow
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Aug 2011
1,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
Rangelink stock antenna is likely a quarter wavelength.

I bought a halfwave antenna for my chainlink a long time ago, and never looked back.

The question isn't length, but how well is it tuned.

If it is a well tuned halfwave antenna, then you should do real well with it, but if it is a poorly tuned halfwave antenna, then you will do better with the stock quarter wave...

-Mike
Thanks - do you have a recommendation who I can buy a half-wave from? Hobby King is hit and miss.. How about this one from TBS? http://www.team-blacksheep.com/products/product:42
heinduplessis is offline Find More Posts by heinduplessis
Old Mar 11, 2013, 06:50 AM
Start of next project = crash!
United States, CA, Laguna Niguel
Joined Nov 2010
555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinduplessis View Post
Thanks - do you have a recommendation who I can buy a half-wave from? Hobby King is hit and miss.. How about this one from TBS? http://www.team-blacksheep.com/products/product:42
The Diamond SRH771 is one of the best, if not the best 70cm band 1/2 wave antenna. Sander and others have bench tested this antenna with top shelf results. You can also buy here, http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...oducts_id=1200. Be careful when buying as these are so popular, cheap copies are made and sold to the less savvy. In other words, don't buy from brokenstolencounterfeitstuff.com aka Ebay. Ask me how I know.
CN I Dawg is offline Find More Posts by CN I Dawg
Last edited by CN I Dawg; Mar 11, 2013 at 08:26 AM.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 09:48 AM
Foam Snow
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Aug 2011
1,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CN I Dawg View Post
The Diamond SRH771 is one of the best, if not the best 70cm band 1/2 wave antenna. Sander and others have bench tested this antenna with top shelf results. You can also buy here, http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...oducts_id=1200. Be careful when buying as these are so popular, cheap copies are made and sold to the less savvy. In other words, don't buy from brokenstolencounterfeitstuff.com aka Ebay. Ask me how I know.
Thanks CNI RMRC's shipping beats TBS' by 2 weeks, so there's my answer. Cancelling my HK order...

lol @ ebay
heinduplessis is offline Find More Posts by heinduplessis
Old Mar 11, 2013, 12:19 PM
Hovership
United States, CA, Cupertino
Joined Aug 2010
935 Posts
Just ordered one from RMRC too. Thanks for the advice!
3rdeyepro is online now Find More Posts by 3rdeyepro
Old Mar 12, 2013, 12:00 PM
United States, FL, Marco Island
Joined Jan 2007
661 Posts
How much of a difference is there between stock and RMRC Diamond SRH771 Antenna. I use a IB crazy turnstile on Rx, Gave a very noticeable difference on RSSI).
Worth the $30 for the 771?
picard10th is offline Find More Posts by picard10th
Old Mar 12, 2013, 05:23 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,907 Posts
hi everyone, I emailed the rangepiloting website a while ago looking to find out some pricing information.... I did not receive an email back but wanted to place an order.

I placed and order but did not get a confirmation.... just checking in to see if everything is OK over there... I am not sure if he is out of stock, on holiday...

I am sure my money is in good hands, I just wanted to see if there was anything I needed to know

Steve
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Mar 12, 2013, 06:35 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
27,710 Posts
I ordered a couple Rx's about 3 weeks ago and received them less than a week later.
No problems that I know of.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 12, 2013, 07:15 PM
Norway
Joined Aug 2011
243 Posts
I ordered a rl rx 4days ago from that site, got it today
Bauf is offline Find More Posts by Bauf
Old Mar 12, 2013, 07:24 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,907 Posts
cool, I will just be patient then....

we do plan to fly together however and I was unaware there were issues involved in this.... sounds like there is a work around though thanks for posting.

Steve

Quote:
I ordered a couple Rx's about 3 weeks ago and received them less than a week later.
No problems that I know of.
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Mar 12, 2013, 07:27 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
27,710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
we do plan to fly together however and I was unaware there were issues involved in this.... sounds like there is a work around though thanks for posting.
It's not a workaround, it's just simply the way it is. DL is the same.
The Tx's come all set to the same ID and need to change em to fly with others.

ian
RCG Plus Member