HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:26 AM
United States, CA, San Clemente
Joined Nov 2011
27 Posts
Failsafe

Guys quick question, when rangelink goes into failsafe, (I have no osd) will my gyro still be active or no. Thanx.
dz3866 is offline Find More Posts by dz3866
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:04 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,253 Posts
Failsafe does whatever you tell it to do. If the gyro has a remote gain/mode channel
and you want the gyro on, then set the failsafe with that channel turned on. If you
want it off, set it with it turned off.
Daemon is offline Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2013, 01:33 PM
United States, CA, San Clemente
Joined Nov 2011
27 Posts
Thanx
dz3866 is offline Find More Posts by dz3866
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:14 AM
Joined Mar 2008
12 Posts
Hello,
I bought a rangelink few days ago.
Do you know how many time usually rangepiloting take to ship it?
darksun99 is offline Find More Posts by darksun99
Old Feb 16, 2013, 03:07 PM
RC FPVer
United States, FL
Joined Nov 2011
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksun99 View Post
Hello,
I bought a rangelink few days ago.
Do you know how many time usually rangepiloting take to ship it?
I bought one last week too, but I bet the Chinese New Year has affected shipping times some. In the past I've bought from them, and the shipping was very fast.
surf1punk is offline Find More Posts by surf1punk
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: QAV400 quadcopter with CC3D
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:19 PM
United States, AZ, Lake Havasu City
Joined Apr 2011
34 Posts
Just got mine in on the 13th, took about 8 days shipping EMS from china to usa, arizona
blackjackr is offline Find More Posts by blackjackr
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:16 PM
KG5AWQ
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Apr 2012
622 Posts
Looks like the RX is out of stock... any idea when it will be back in stock?
guaglione87 is offline Find More Posts by guaglione87
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:49 PM
United States, TX, Frisco
Joined Jan 2004
927 Posts
I want to get my Rangelink up and running PPM with Eagle Tree. Can some who have done it give me some setup help? Which rangelink channel to use from the OSD, type of cables, grounding, etc...?
Any help appreciated!
eroeder is offline Find More Posts by eroeder
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:01 PM
9W2DLR
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Putrajaya, Putrajaya
Joined Nov 2011
2,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eroeder View Post
I want to get my Rangelink up and running PPM with Eagle Tree. Can some who have done it give me some setup help? Which rangelink channel to use from the OSD, type of cables, grounding, etc...?
Any help appreciated!
PPM port for rangelink is the 2nd last pin number 14 it clearly labeled under the receiver how to configure your eagle tree that difference case read the eagle tree manual for starter maybe?
skellator is offline Find More Posts by skellator
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: ZMR/RCX Motor X Mount
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:12 AM
Joined Mar 2008
12 Posts
thanx.I hope rangelink will be shipped soon.I crashed my fpv plane yesterday because of radio lost . I used a SMART SX M-LINK in a easystar rtf package which is really not recommended for fpv since the radio signal is only emitted in front of you but it is very low in the corners and nothing behind...
Since i will have to rebuild another one and the easy star 2 feel very heavy with fpv stuff. Is the twinstar 2 fun for fpv?
darksun99 is offline Find More Posts by darksun99
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:23 AM
Joined Feb 2012
485 Posts
can someome confirm definitively for me that 2 rangelink systems can not operate simultaneously . Would be nice to fly at the same time as my friend , we both have ranglink. We havnt tried them on at the same time because we are fairly sure they wont work. Are we correct in our assumption ?
Steve34 is offline Find More Posts by Steve34
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:31 AM
9W2DLR
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Putrajaya, Putrajaya
Joined Nov 2011
2,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve34 View Post
can someome confirm definitively for me that 2 rangelink systems can not operate simultaneously . Would be nice to fly at the same time as my friend , we both have ranglink. We havnt tried them on at the same time because we are fairly sure they wont work. Are we correct in our assumption ?
your assumption only, ian (Deamon) have 2 RL working together, would recommend tondo advance binding if 1 tx glitches the other, I don't have RL on my field but i do have 3 people using dragonlink 1 of them seem to die if i turned on my tx, he changed tx id and rebinded his DL seem fine now
skellator is offline Find More Posts by skellator
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: ZMR/RCX Motor X Mount
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:32 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,357 Posts
Quote:
You should be able to use them together.

If you get interference then try rebinding one of them to generate a new digital signature further away from the other one.

You should not have issues, but test them on the ground first.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Feb 17, 2013, 02:02 AM
United States, TX, Frisco
Joined Jan 2004
927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skellator View Post
PPM port for rangelink is the 2nd last pin number 14 it clearly labeled under the receiver how to configure your eagle tree that difference case read the eagle tree manual for starter maybe?
Thanks!
Do you use any special cable to go between the rangelink and eagle tree or a standard 3 pin strand?
eroeder is offline Find More Posts by eroeder
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2013, 02:08 AM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,786 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
You should be able to use them together.

If you get interference then try rebinding one of them to generate a new digital signature further away from the other one.

You should not have issues, but test them on the ground first.
My experience is no, it doesn't work together. We've done everything under the sun to get them to work with zero luck.
Teamsherman is online now Find More Posts by Teamsherman