HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:18 PM
9W2DLR
Malaysia, Pahang, Temerloh
Joined Nov 2011
2,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Integratedneck View Post
Need to see the min and max values. It wil be in the range 0-255 corresponding to the 8 bit ADC scaled to 5v. So 255 = 5V. For me my rangelink does .9 - 3.1v so my range is something like 50 to 150. With the upper and lower limit set for the minimosd remove the show raw values and you get a percentage.
ah ok will try that thanks a bunch
skellator is online now Find More Posts by skellator
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:15 AM
KD4KW
United States, FL, Tallahassee
Joined Jul 2009
69 Posts
Ordered Jan. 13 and received today. fast shipping. Thanks Sid.
Kd4Kw is offline Find More Posts by Kd4Kw
Old Feb 09, 2013, 04:15 AM
Australia, WA
Joined Oct 2011
557 Posts
Hi guys ,

Im trying to hook my Rangelink to my Dominator HT .

The cord from the Dominators has got red, black, green, white wire, which ones do I use to connect to the ht port on the Rangelink?

FIXED all GOOD on dx8
PS/2 cord----------------- Rangelink HT PORT
The black ----------------- black(ground)
red ----------------- white(TPPM)
Locko is offline Find More Posts by Locko
Last edited by Locko; Feb 09, 2013 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Fixed the problem
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:17 AM
9W2DLR
Joined Nov 2011
2,325 Posts
question regarding the failsafe for the RX, in the middle setting up DOSD at the moment stumble across this

Quote:
Note that if you are using an advanced receiver which has its own failsafe built into the PPM stream (such as the Dragon Link), the DOSD+ will never know that the receiver has gone into failsafe and will not indicate as such. In that case, you will need to set the failsafe on the radio itself, which takes precedence over the DOSD+'s failsafe. It is still a good idea to set the failsafe though, just in case.
is this the same for RL?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:29 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
29,076 Posts
Yes. In the days of 35/72Mhz FM Rxs, if the Tx signal was lost, the PWM stream on
every channel goes missing, or gets corrupted and that can be detected (many lost
model locators used this). In the modern age of 2.4Ghz and 433Mhz packet based RC
systems, the PWM stream on each channel never gets corrupted. If the Rx loses the
signal from the Tx it either keeps repeating the last valid frame received (hold last
position) or jumps to a preset failsafe.

ian
Daemon is offline Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 10, 2013, 08:05 PM
United States, AZ, Lake Havasu City
Joined Apr 2011
34 Posts
Has anybody tried the rangelink with DT-3K Hybrid Head-tracker and used the ppm inject with a dx7 to used head-tracking on channel 8 and 9? Direction say it can do ppm inject and ppm create. To over wright last 2 channels or create a additional two channels.
blackjackr is offline Find More Posts by blackjackr
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:47 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
29,076 Posts
I think it'll only create new channels if the incoming PPM stream contains less than 8 channels.
So it would add ch 5 and 6 to a 4ch radio, but is not going to create 9th channel on
an 8ch ppm stream.

ian
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:07 PM
United States, AZ, Lake Havasu City
Joined Apr 2011
34 Posts
You could be right, read it some more and saw this:

- Compatible with all 2-6 channel Basic transmitters with PPM-INJECT technology
- Compatible with all 7+ channel Pro transmitters with PPM-CREATE technology

Looks like would Inject 2 new channels for Basic transmitters and over wrights for "Pro" transmitters. So still screwed with the dx7 using up all channels with lights and aux1 and aux2 for eagletree.
blackjackr is offline Find More Posts by blackjackr
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:16 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
29,076 Posts
I'd have used the terms "inject" and "create" the other way around, but I'm
pretty sure it works the way I described.

Could try Channel Wizard to create new channels just for your other knobs and switches.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:53 AM
9W2DLR
Joined Nov 2011
2,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
Yes. In the days of 35/72Mhz FM Rxs, if the Tx signal was lost, the PWM stream on
every channel goes missing, or gets corrupted and that can be detected (many lost
model locators used this). In the modern age of 2.4Ghz and 433Mhz packet based RC
systems, the PWM stream on each channel never gets corrupted. If the Rx loses the
signal from the Tx it either keeps repeating the last valid frame received (hold last
position) or jumps to a preset failsafe.

ian
ah which mean now and i need to set my failsafe as dosd guide then thanks
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:40 PM
KG5AWQ
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Apr 2012
687 Posts
First flight out of 2.4G world today, out to a mile, and everything worked as it should have. So im a happy camper.

One concern i have though - my antenna is mounted on my tail, and it appears that the bottom part of the antenna (goes against the curve of the antenna) has lost about 1mm of length from rubbing on the ground in landings. I have since adjusted it so that it wont happen anymore, but my question is if losing 1mm or maybe 2 mm at max on the bottom part of the antenna will have a really bad effect on my range?
guaglione87 is offline Find More Posts by guaglione87
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:08 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
29,076 Posts
Nope
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:59 AM
Registered FPVer :)
Switzerland, LU, Buchrain
Joined Aug 2006
2,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guaglione87 View Post
One concern i have though - my antenna is mounted on my tail, and it appears that the bottom part of the antenna (goes against the curve of the antenna) has lost about 1mm of length from rubbing on the ground in landings. I have since adjusted it so that it wont happen anymore, but my question is if losing 1mm or maybe 2 mm at max on the bottom part of the antenna will have a really bad effect on my range?
Your plane started to autotune your rx antenna SCNR.

Markus
markus123456 is online now Find More Posts by markus123456
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:11 AM
KD4KW
United States, FL, Tallahassee
Joined Jul 2009
69 Posts
quick question. 'in normal operation does the light on the tx and rx stay on steady like my spektrum or does it flash really fast." mine flashes. It seems to work ok but I expected a steady light to be on and the manual doesn't really say and I guess I missed it here if it was covered.
Thanks guys.
Kd4Kw is offline Find More Posts by Kd4Kw
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:34 AM
Australia, WA
Joined Oct 2011
557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kd4Kw View Post
quick question. 'in normal operation does the light on the tx and rx stay on steady like my spektrum or does it flash really fast." mine flashes. It seems to work ok but I expected a steady light to be on and the manual doesn't really say and I guess I missed it here if it was covered.
Thanks guys.
TX light should flash rapidly
Locko is offline Find More Posts by Locko