HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 01, 2013, 10:30 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skellator View Post
why do you need this? I'm not the one having range problem or just to check on something? of yes i post the pics later
No,
sorry, I grabbed the wrong quote.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2013, 10:33 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
27,681 Posts
It does occasionally happen with the RL Rxs as well. I've added solder on all of mine.

One way to test if it's a problem on the Tx antenna side is to do the micro power test with
the Tx antenna on, and off. Just be sure not to power the Tx at full power with antenna removed.
If the range is roughly the same, then Tx antenna connector is probably damaged.
If it's very different, then Tx antenna is probably ok, and need to focus on the Rx side.

ian
Daemon is offline Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2013, 10:55 PM
Sky Raider
United States, FL
Joined Nov 2011
345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
It does occasionally happen with the RL Rxs as well. I've added solder on all of mine.

One way to test if it's a problem on the Tx antenna side is to do the micro power test with
the Tx antenna on, and off. Just be sure not to power the Tx at full power with antenna removed.
If the range is roughly the same, then Tx antenna connector is probably damaged.
If it's very different, then Tx antenna is probably ok, and need to focus on the Rx side.

ian
I tried what you suggested, with the Tx antenna off and in micro mode, I was only able to maybe get 1 foot away before losing connection, where as before it was 10-15. I also tested the other way around by removing the Rx antenna, but it wouldn't even bind with the antenna off. So as far as I can tell, the antennas are making a difference at least, though certainly not strong enough or something else is still the culprit.
surf1punk is offline Find More Posts by surf1punk
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: QAV400 quadcopter with CC3D
Old Jan 02, 2013, 01:57 PM
Joined Oct 2012
32 Posts
I just ordered the Rangelink - from what I can gather, it sounds like a great system! Has anyone used it with the Storm OSD? I read about the compatibility issues with Eagletree, and wondered if anyone has experience with the Storm.

My setup is as follows, for additional information:

- Bixler airframe w/ 2 battery setup (one for aircraft power, one for video system)
- 200mW 5.8ghz vtx (the one with 5940 channel) w/ibcrazy bluebeam antennas (will eventually upgrade to 1.2ghz)
- Flysky 9x moduleless radio
- Storm OSD
j3steven is offline Find More Posts by j3steven
Old Jan 02, 2013, 04:12 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,314 Posts
FWIW

one of my copilots runs it with ET, and it works perfectly.

I don't know of any incompatibility issues with rangelink and et

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3steven View Post
I just ordered the Rangelink - from what I can gather, it sounds like a great system! Has anyone used it with the Storm OSD? I read about the compatibility issues with Eagletree, and wondered if anyone has experience with the Storm.

My setup is as follows, for additional information:

- Bixler airframe w/ 2 battery setup (one for aircraft power, one for video system)
- 200mW 5.8ghz vtx (the one with 5940 channel) w/ibcrazy bluebeam antennas (will eventually upgrade to 1.2ghz)
- Flysky 9x moduleless radio
- Storm OSD
Old Jan 02, 2013, 08:46 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
76 Posts
Works really well with a storm. Rssi matches perfectly too.
Integratedneck is offline Find More Posts by Integratedneck
Old Jan 02, 2013, 10:37 PM
Sky Raider
United States, FL
Joined Nov 2011
345 Posts
I'm still trying to troubleshoot this range problem.

Here you can see a video where all I have plugged in is 1 battery, 1 servo and the antenna to the receiver, and then set the Tx on Micro power mode. I lose range within about 10 feet. From what I read, micro power should be giving me more range than this right? And even a few feet away the control is very jittery, not smooth at all past 2 feet.

Rangelink Micro Power Test (0 min 47 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:41 AM
Joined Apr 2012
850 Posts
What 1.2Ghz VTX and VRX is best to use with this set to avoid interference? Is racewood any good?
timtimtim is offline Find More Posts by timtimtim
Old Jan 03, 2013, 04:04 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
27,681 Posts
Racewood Rx is the best for use around UHF RC Tx's.. Better still with SAW filter mod.
Daemon is offline Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2013, 07:07 PM
KG5AWQ
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Apr 2012
554 Posts
[QUOTE=surf1punk;23695105]I'm still trying to troubleshoot this range problem.

Here you can see a video where all I have plugged in is 1 battery, 1 servo and the antenna to the receiver, and then set the Tx on Micro power mode. I lose range within about 10 feet. From what I read, micro power should be giving me more range than this right? And even a few feet away the control is very jittery, not smooth at all past 2 feet.

I dont know if this has been asked, or if it is even valid - but it looks like you have the RX hooked up to a 1s battery. Im not sure that 3.7v is enough and perhaps that is why your not getting any range...

Let others confirm tho.
guaglione87 is offline Find More Posts by guaglione87
Old Jan 03, 2013, 07:59 PM
Sky Raider
United States, FL
Joined Nov 2011
345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guaglione87 View Post

I dont know if this has been asked, or if it is even valid - but it looks like you have the RX hooked up to a 1s battery. Im not sure that 3.7v is enough and perhaps that is why your not getting any range...

Let others confirm tho.
Well it is fully charged at 4.2v and I've also tested it with the esc/bec at 5v and didn't make a difference. Just used the 1s there for simplicity.

I also just did a ground range test on high power in my neighborhood, just battery/servo/receiver and then drove away with the Tx. Now there are certainly houses and obstructions in the way, but I got about 600-800 feet from the house when I lost complete control and it went into failsafe. I repeated this test with my old rmilec uhf setup and was able to make it 1200-1400 feet before loss of control. I also checked the antenna wires and both wires seemed soldered fine to the pin and the sleeve separately.

I'm kinda out of ideas at this point, any other thoughts?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2013, 09:24 PM
Alex USA
Joined Oct 2011
505 Posts
Guys,

Just a simple question. How long have you been waiting to get a RangeLink package delivered to your door ?
I'm asking because I placed my order 12/08 and still got nothing.
Tracking NO RA469066245CN works like Windows Vista - hangs somewhere in China and that's all about that.
When I asked Sid whats going on, he replied like :
Hello.sorry for the delay,maybe you can email to us next time. i will check it.

Sid"

Well - time to dispute charge ?

Let me know what was your avg. shipping time.

Thank you

Alex
usa.alex is offline Find More Posts by usa.alex
Old Jan 03, 2013, 09:40 PM
Expert Crasher
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Putrajaya, Putrajaya
Joined Nov 2011
1,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by usa.alex View Post
Guys,

Just a simple question. How long have you been waiting to get a RangeLink package delivered to your door ?
Tracking NO RA469066245CN works like Windows Vista - hangs somewhere in China and that's all about that.

Sid"

Thank you

Alex
12/8 that way to long, i use ems last time i ordered so it only took 2 week registered post usually around 3-4 week for me
skellator is online now Find More Posts by skellator
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2013, 09:41 PM
Hungary, Budapest
Joined Apr 2012
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by usa.alex View Post
Guys,

Sid"

Thank you

Alex
I think it's normal!
My shipping date is 12/07
...and I feel my pack is close to me!!

Zoli
Zafir is offline Find More Posts by Zafir
Old Jan 04, 2013, 12:53 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf1punk View Post
Well it is fully charged at 4.2v and I've also tested it with the esc/bec at 5v and didn't make a difference. Just used the 1s there for simplicity.

I also just did a ground range test on high power in my neighborhood, just battery/servo/receiver and then drove away with the Tx. Now there are certainly houses and obstructions in the way, but I got about 600-800 feet from the house when I lost complete control and it went into failsafe. I repeated this test with my old rmilec uhf setup and was able to make it 1200-1400 feet before loss of control. I also checked the antenna wires and both wires seemed soldered fine to the pin and the sleeve separately.

I'm kinda out of ideas at this point, any other thoughts?
contact sid, and send it back for repair.