HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:08 PM
Australia, WA
Joined Oct 2011
555 Posts
Hi Guys,

Ive been really happy with rangelink so far, awesome and easy system to use. But Ive been away for about 6 weeks and come home to use my system( not working) , originally I thought it was the plug and play cable, but after using a new cable , still no luck.

The system has got all the correct lights on, but some times it will bind to the rx and sometime not. And when it has binded , about 5 mins later after a reconnection it doesnt recognize the rx.
So the system is being very random. Rangelink is only 8 month old and the dx8 is only 6months old.

Has anyone got any ideas?, Also Im only about 2.5 volt from the tx to the radio.

Cheers if anyone can help
Locko is offline Find More Posts by Locko
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:36 AM
Crash=start of next project
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Nov 2010
688 Posts
Did you perform Advance Binding? If you recall your old micro-mode performance, check and compare after Adv. Bind. Oh, btw, the RL Tx is designed for >7V. So, if you really are getting only 2.5V to "radio (RL?)", you have a problem right there. Maybe you meant feet Tx>Rx?
BR,
Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locko View Post
Hi Guys,

Ive been really happy with rangelink so far, awesome and easy system to use. But Ive been away for about 6 weeks and come home to use my system( not working) , originally I thought it was the plug and play cable, but after using a new cable , still no luck.

The system has got all the correct lights on, but some times it will bind to the rx and sometime not. And when it has binded , about 5 mins later after a reconnection it doesnt recognize the rx.
So the system is being very random. Rangelink is only 8 month old and the dx8 is only 6months old.

Has anyone got any ideas?, Also Im only about 2.5 volt from the tx to the radio.

Cheers if anyone can help
CN I Dawg is offline Find More Posts by CN I Dawg
Last edited by CN I Dawg; Nov 18, 2012 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Added clarity, I hope :-)
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:57 AM
Australia, WA
Joined Oct 2011
555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CN I Dawg View Post
Did you perform Advance Binding? If you recall your old micro-mode performance, check and compare after Adv. Bind. Oh, btw, the RL Tx is designed for >7V. So, if you really are getting only 2.5V to "radio (RL?)", you have a problem right there. Maybe you meant feet Tx>Rx?
BR,
Steven
Its a strange problem, I think the TX ( on radio) is stuffed. I do a advance bind to "Green Z2" and all is good, I do a advance bind to other aircraft and doesnt work ( These aircaft have no problem before) . Then I go back to the "green Z2" and it doesnt work, try to bind and doesnt.

The 2.37 volts is from the ppm and - wire from the Rangelink TX to the Dx8.
Last edited by Locko; Nov 18, 2012 at 08:02 AM. Reason: 2.37 volt not 2.5
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:38 AM
Long Range FPV'er
Joined Feb 2009
573 Posts
Just installed new Rangelink.. Binding Question...

Need some clarification..
When first installing a Rangelink Rx one should initially bind with "Advanced binding"??.. When should one do a "Normal" binding..

Also.. In the Rangelink manual where Sid explains how to do the binding (page 12).. In his Notes below could someone clarify Note #2..

Thanks
Mykro is offline Find More Posts by Mykro
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Mykro; Nov 18, 2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:38 AM
United States, FL, Marco Island
Joined Jan 2007
661 Posts
Quote:
Its a strange problem, I think the TX ( on radio) is stuffed. I do a advance bind to "Green Z2" and all is good, I do a advance bind to other aircraft and doesnt work ( These aircaft have no problem before) . Then I go back to the "green Z2" and it doesnt work, try to bind and doesnt.

The 2.37 volts is from the ppm and - wire from the Rangelink TX to the Dx8.
The ppm is sent from the dx8 to RL Tx

I think when you do a advance bind it resets Tx ID so all other Rx wont work until you do a basic bind with them.
picard10th is offline Find More Posts by picard10th
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:27 AM
Joined Nov 2010
688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by picard10th View Post
The ppm is sent from the dx8 to RL Tx

I think when you do a advance bind it resets Tx ID so all other Rx wont work until you do a basic bind with them.
Yes, once you Advance Bind, you need to re-bind the others in regular bind. It's in the manual.
Got it on the voltage. I thought Locko was talking about Vcc.
BR,
Steven
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:40 AM
Joined Nov 2010
688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykro View Post
Need some clarification..
When first installing a Rangelink Rx one should initially bind with "Advanced binding"??.. When should one do a "Normal" binding..

Also.. In the Rangelink manual where Sid explains how to do the binding (page 12).. In his Notes below could someone clarify Note #2..

Thanks
I assume you mean this #2?
2. Advanced binding,With new firmware (TX V1.27/RX V1.24),the between first beep and the second beep, the two ways switch definition rssi pin out: Swith to High power mode = rssi pin out link quality indicator; otherwise rssi pin show rf rssi.
This setting gives you a choice of RSSI in "analogue" or the RF signal strength OR "digital" of packet received quality. Using RF, you generally get gradual degradation with distance. Using lost packets, you may look good to limit of RF range and then suddenly drop. Folks have their reasons for using either. Going into the reasons is much like the two battery vs one discussion, however. Do a search on this thread, "packet quality" for more details.
BR,
Steven
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:01 AM
Germany
Joined Mar 2011
58 Posts
Hi which RSSI mode do i have to use with EzOSD?
x4FF3 is offline Find More Posts by x4FF3
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:52 AM
9W2DLR
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Putrajaya, Putrajaya
Joined Nov 2011
2,154 Posts
I'm almost clicked add cart for this but after reading all the bad input with interference with vtx make me hold my mouse just yet, what the status of the problem? this modules does not have the ability to update it firmware does it?
skellator is offline Find More Posts by skellator
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: ZMR/RCX Motor X Mount
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:00 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,483 Posts
Apparently didn't read very far. Yes, it's fixed, and yes the firmware can be updated.
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:06 PM
9W2DLR
Joined Nov 2011
2,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
Apparently didn't read very far. Yes, it's fixed, and yes the firmware can be updated.
god dammit posted the wrong thread the my post was intended for rmilec not this one my bad :banghead:
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:12 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skellator View Post
god dammit posted the wrong thread the my post was intended for rmilec not this one my bad :banghead:
Oh ya. As far as I know, RmileC is still hopeless.
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:49 AM
9W2DLR
Joined Nov 2011
2,154 Posts
to bad most of the online store selling this all out of stock
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:42 AM
Australia, WA
Joined Oct 2011
555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skellator View Post
to bad most of the online store selling this all out of stock
Which store have them? and link please
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:54 AM
Australia, NSW, Randwick
Joined Aug 2004
137 Posts
Quote:
Which store have them? and link please
Only one store sells it but it is out of stock for now. Sid the owners says it will be back in stock in more or less 1 week's time.

here is the link http://www.rangepiloting.com/

Also sent a defective receiver due to over voltage for repair to Sid (in China) and it only took him two days to fix it, took even longer time to ship from Australia to China than the actual fixing and he is sending it back to me. That is what you call great after sales service!
sutan is offline Find More Posts by sutan