pisagor is offline Find More Posts by pisagor
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2012, 10:39 AM
United States, FL, Marco Island
Joined Jan 2007
661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acky View Post
Hi guys, my new rangelink should arrive any day now!
Quick question to those of you running rvosdv5 do I need to put a resistor on the rssi output of the rangelink ? Or am I reading correctly the latest version already has this ?
Really looking forward to replacing my chainlink and setting up ppm!
Alex still suggests it even though it it buffered. To help protect against shorts I believe. I have a 10k on mine.
picard10th is offline Find More Posts by picard10th
Old Nov 09, 2012, 05:07 AM
Australia, NSW, Randwick
Joined Aug 2004
137 Posts
Has anyone tried sending back a receiver for repair? What is the turn around time. Mine just suddenly died and would not turn on. No red light and it gets really hot to the point that you can not touch it anymore and also melting even the hot glue on the side that is printed with RL-RX
sutan is online now Find More Posts by sutan
Old Nov 09, 2012, 10:05 PM
Australia, NSW, Randwick
Joined Aug 2004
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sutan View Post
Has anyone tried sending back a receiver for repair? What is the turn around time. Mine just suddenly died and would not turn on. No red light and it gets really hot to the point that you can not touch it anymore and also melting even the hot glue on the side that is printed with RL-RX
All good now sent an email to Sid and in a few hours got a reply to send it back for repair. Really excellent customer service from Sid and Rangepiloting. Never regreted buying from him!
sutan is online now Find More Posts by sutan
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:51 AM
addicted rc'er
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Dec 2009
729 Posts
Ok after successfully flying with chainlink and rvosd I'm starting to switch over to rangelink, I'm undecided wether to use ppm with rvosd or just set it up with all the usual wiring
Anyone using ppm successfully with rvosd? I'm using a turnigy er9x
acky is offline Find More Posts by acky
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:09 AM
Joined Jan 2007
661 Posts
Yup, works great. Using DX7. Want to move to a turnigy er9x. Using a x1000 headtracker through the RL.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:28 AM
addicted rc'er
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Dec 2009
729 Posts
Hey guys just finished hooking up rvosd via ppm everything's configured fine all channels I need are enabled in the rvosd ppm config but my rudder will not work? It just goes to full left? No inputs from the stick will do anything, Funny tho as you enter ppm config it centres still will not move tho
Run thru the rvosd rc wizard and I can see its getting input but no movement?
Any ideas?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:09 AM
Start of next project = crash!
United States, CA, Laguna Niguel
Joined Nov 2010
537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acky View Post
Hey guys just finished hooking up rvosd via ppm everything's configured fine all channels I need are enabled in the rvosd ppm config but my rudder will not work? It just goes to full left? No inputs from the stick will do anything, Funny tho as you enter ppm config it centres still will not move tho
Run thru the rvosd rc wizard and I can see its getting input but no movement?
Any ideas?
Sorry, don't have time to research completely right now but as I recall, there are a couple of places in the RVOSD menu where you need to get the config correct, not just the RC Wizard. Also, check your radio channel assignment and any Ch coupling you may have inadvertently assigned. I have er9x and it all works fine. The first time I set up though I was pulling my hair out. Go slow through the instructions and follow every step carefully, I am sure it will work out.
BR,
Steven
CN I Dawg is offline Find More Posts by CN I Dawg
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:37 PM
addicted rc'er
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Dec 2009
729 Posts
Thanks, got it sorted turns out the rudder option is a future firmware release for rvosd

Cheers
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:50 PM
DJO
Dreaming...
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,451 Posts
Any of you have any idea when RangeLink will be back in stock?

Thanks!

Dan
DJO is offline Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The FPV PROJECT II
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:18 AM
Just FPV'n
Orange County Ca.
Joined Feb 2009
519 Posts
Random RSSI numbers....

Who here has installed a DPCAV RSSI Buffer on the Eagletree elogger and Rangelink Rx ??

I just installed a new rangelink along with the rssi buffer ( http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/RSSI-Buffer-for-OSD-Pro.html ) to my elogger and I get nothing but random RSSI numbers.. I did solder the red wire to the IN2 input on the buffer as the directions stated.. Read and re-read the Eagletree manual.. Watched and re-watched the install video on dpcav's website.. I've now come to the conclusion that maybe I should have soldered the red wire to input IN1 ? Any suggestions??

Thanks
Michael
Mykro is offline Find More Posts by Mykro
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Mykro; Nov 14, 2012 at 07:13 AM.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:20 PM
FPV Enthusiast
New Brunswick, Canada
Joined Nov 2004
1,846 Posts
Direct wire from the Rangelink RX to the ET logger. The Rangelink's output is already buffered. I have the same setup direct wired it works great.
martinic is offline Find More Posts by martinic
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:51 PM
Just FPV'n
Orange County Ca.
Joined Feb 2009
519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinic View Post
Direct wire from the Rangelink RX to the ET logger. The Rangelink's output is already buffered. I have the same setup direct wired it works great.

What pin on the Rx?? Center? Signal??
Mykro is offline Find More Posts by Mykro
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:52 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
27,688 Posts
Signal.. Of course.
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:23 PM
Joined Jan 2007
661 Posts
I'm having trouble with my signal strength. 50% around a mile teens after 2 been out to 3.5. my baseline is 70m and 60m with all gear. Just tried IBC's turnstile and the signal does seem stronger but not where it should be. RSSI jumps around alot. Lots of towers and antennas in area, http://www.antennasearch.com/default.asp
Manatee rd Naples, fl. 34145

What type could interfere watch the RSSI%

rssi turnstile (22 min 25 sec)

Any Ideas?