HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:56 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
29,102 Posts
Ideally yes. Practically, I find it can usually bend a bit with the wind and be ok,
but you should at least straighten it before launch, and not let it start out bent back
90 degrees like that. Some people use a bendy straw or something to hold it more straight, but
still move on landing.

ian
Daemon is offline Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:50 PM
..in a Johnny Cash voice.
Canada, NS, Beaver Bank
Joined Aug 2010
314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinic View Post
No, it is not normal. Mine arrived in Canada in about a week from time of order.

Perhaps it shipped and the status isn't updated. It is also possible it got caught up in the holiday backlog and will show up in your mailbox soon. Hopefully you contact Sid soon and can get some information. Best to try to remain cool until you find out where it is.
Same here in Canada. I get mine in 15 days often enough that I sorta' count on it.
However, my tracking numbers work MOST of the time. Sometimes they get updated as, my speculation, they get delivered in the delivery country. I get the post notice and the tracking update almost simultaneously.
Vintabilly_NS is offline Find More Posts by Vintabilly_NS
Old Oct 08, 2012, 10:05 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,867 Posts
So before I hit the buy button on this for my DX8

How do I go mounting it to the back? I've seen some mechanisms in the attachments that hold it onto the back carry handle. How heavy is the uhf box though?

Since I can use my DX8 I just select the model and then plug it into the trainer port like I do with phoenix.

I can use pan and tilt correct?
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Oct 09, 2012, 03:23 AM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz View Post

How do I go mounting it to the back? I've seen some mechanisms in the attachments that hold it onto the back carry handle. How heavy is the uhf box though?

Since I can use my DX8 I just select the model and then plug it into the trainer port like I do with phoenix.

For mounting, use your imagination......and Velcro.

Choose the model, YouTube dx8 with rangelink to learn how to set the trainer Chanel's up for head tracking and away you go.
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:22 AM
FPV'r
Canada, ON, Carleton Place
Joined May 2011
1,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz View Post

see manual http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=352541

UTx mounts on this:
http://www.rangepiloting.com/radio-stand-p-182.html

Put DX8 on desired plane. Turn DX8 off. you plug in 3.5mm plug from UHF Tx and that turns DX8 on as slave. Install UHF Tx antenna. Connect power to UHF Tx.
LED on UTx flashes. Utx is ready.

yes you can use pan/tilt on DX8 or plug head tracker into UTx and not DX8 so now DX8 has 2 free channels since the URx is 12 channel.
ror1 is offline Find More Posts by ror1
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:39 AM
Crash=start of next project
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Nov 2010
808 Posts
bad boys 2 scene - woosah (0 min 33 sec)
[/QUOTE]

Heinduplessis, LOL, the ending is what I'm talking about. Woosah!
Thanks for making my morning, Steven
CN I Dawg is offline Find More Posts by CN I Dawg
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:35 AM
Power-line attraction pilot
United States, MA, Natick
Joined Jun 2011
520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
I've learned that just about any component on the plane can spew noise into the 433Mhz UHF band.
The current sensor on one of the most popular brand OSDs, knocks my UHF system flat.
Had to use a long coax and move the UHF Rx antenna out into the middle of the wing, and the
Rx itself to the other end of the cockpit. Can't speak to the FY31AP, but I should test
my FY30A in isolation just to see.

ian
Ian,

Gotta pick your brain again. Is it the current sensor from the DOSD? Have you found a current sensor that isn't UHF noisy? I am trying to eliminate these problematic components.
caall99 is offline Find More Posts by caall99
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:49 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus123456 View Post
While all the problems with installing it on the DX6i surely can be solved, my advice is to not bother and order a ($50) turnigy 9x radio instead. That way you have a very clean situation between your regular rc world and the FPV world. Apart from this you soon will see that the 9x (with the Er9x firmware) has some strong features that help alot in the context of FPV.

I'm aware that this not a direct answer to your question. I'm unfortunately no Spectrum user hence can't help you here. However, I thought to throw this in as the $50 (I got mine for $65 shipped to the door) is not much money compared to the work and time spent with messing around with the DX6i.

Just my 2 of course.

Markus
Just wait, it will be only a matter of time before HobbyKing comes out with a UHF transmitter... I'm surprise that no one has done this yet... Unless, everyone is a DIY type.
LittleG is offline Find More Posts by LittleG
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:45 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
29,102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by caall99 View Post
Ian,

Gotta pick your brain again. Is it the current sensor from the DOSD? Have you found a current sensor that isn't UHF noisy? I am trying to eliminate these problematic components.
My ezOSD current sensor is the one I have noise issues with. Even ezUHF in spectrum analyzer
mode shows it as a UHF noise source. Was a big surprise to me. Since some
of the OSD features can only be controlled through wires on the current sensor, there's
no way to replace it.

ian
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:49 AM
Registered FPVer :)
Switzerland, LU, Buchrain
Joined Aug 2006
2,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
Just wait, it will be only a matter of time before HobbyKing comes out with a UHF transmitter... I'm surprise that no one has done this yet... Unless, everyone is a DIY type.
IMHO the market is too small for HK as developping a propperly working UHF system is also not a really simple task.

If you are for plug and play - there ARE solutions like the r-milec which comes as a HF module that plugs into popular radios without modification. The problem with this is though that it deos not work as well as range link. :-)

Markus
markus123456 is offline Find More Posts by markus123456
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:36 AM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,867 Posts
Purchase a system with two rxs but.....

There is a duplicate order. Is this normal?
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:15 PM
Joined Dec 2010
59 Posts
Hello.
One day i went to fly my bixler...after 50 meters Failsafe!!!!!
Tryed the micro power and go to fail safe after 3 paces.
Tryed to find the problem for 3 days with no success, then i read here that the sma connector on the tx can be the problem so i opend the tx and found that the middle pin is broken!!
Fix it by resolder the pin and get 30 paces with all electronics on- I think its good range....
Well the bixler fly today 5 km on low power with 50-60% rssi, now im happy.
eranmutai is offline Find More Posts by eranmutai
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:20 PM
Power-line attraction pilot
United States, MA, Natick
Joined Jun 2011
520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eranmutai View Post
Hello.
One day i went to fly my bixler...after 50 meters Failsafe!!!!!
Tryed the micro power and go to fail safe after 3 paces.
Tryed to find the problem for 3 days with no success, then i read here that the sma connector on the tx can be the problem so i opend the tx and found that the middle pin is broken!!
Fix it by resolder the pin and get 30 paces with all electronics on- I think its good range....
Well the bixler fly today 5 km on low power with 50-60% rssi, now im happy.
Yikes! That sounds somewhat concerning. I thought the weak SMA connector is on the Rx. I don't have my rangelink on hand yet, so I am still confused as to what the issue with the rx connector really is and how simple it is to fix it.
caall99 is offline Find More Posts by caall99
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:31 PM
Joined Dec 2010
59 Posts
Quote:
Yikes! That sounds somewhat concerning. I thought the weak SMA connector is on the Rx. I don't have my rangelink on hand yet, so I am still confused as to what the issue with the rx connector really is and how simple it is to fix it.
Don't worry about the system- i who'd buy it again for sure!
Just don't remove the antenna so often.
sid is very supportive guy and the system is the best price to performance ratio in the market.
I think that sid replaced the connector in the new tx he send.
eranmutai is offline Find More Posts by eranmutai
Old Oct 14, 2012, 02:47 AM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
29,102 Posts
Quote:
No, on the older Tx units (don't know exactly when Sid made the change to fix it but wasn't
all that long ago), the Tx center female receptacle is supported solely by the center wire
of the coax cable. The stock Tx antennas have nothing to prevent them from be
threaded on too far so they can easily overstress that center receptacle and break it loose
from the coax center wire. The updated Tx modules have a different type of SMA connector
that is internally supported and the coax is soldered to the back. They shouldn't have this problem
although you still should be careful to not overtighten the stock antenna.

ian
RCG Plus Member