HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 08, 2011, 07:42 AM
United States, NC, Lawndale
Joined Mar 2008
181 Posts
Question
HeLp using JR 9303 trainer system

i am trying to set up 2 9303's to train some friends. I have read the manual but stii need help. No matter what I try the elevator works in the opposite direction when control is switched to the slave. Also the trims change. I know this is old tech andi have searched the forum but could not find answer
Mike
Tabasco is offline Find More Posts by Tabasco
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2011, 01:34 PM
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Jun 2007
341 Posts
One transmitter is set at Master...the other one on Slave
Adjust the Slave to match the Master...this includes reversing the elevator..
See if this works now..
Codimasta is online now Find More Posts by Codimasta
Old Oct 08, 2011, 07:12 PM
Suspended Account
Panorama City, CA
Joined Sep 2004
5,566 Posts
The master TX controls only servo travel, not servo direction. Therefore, master and slave TXs must be set in same servo direction on each channel.
John Kim is offline Find More Posts by John Kim
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 08, 2011, 10:49 PM
Lincoln, NE
Joined May 2005
903 Posts
If the four stick channels are sufficient for teaching, the easiest way to set up two 9303s is to use the PROGRAM T on the master transmitter. This mode is in effect when one or more of the stick channels are set to SLAV in the master's trainer menu. With the PROGRAM T setup only the student stick channel movements are transferred when the trainer switch is on. It makes no difference what configuration the student transmitter is in. There is no need to match the student and master transmitters. I have a single model memory on my student transmitter dedicated for trainer use. It is applicable for ACRO, GLID, and HELI.

The student transmitter must be set to SLAVE. If the transmitter is an XP9303, its modulation must be PPM. If it is an X9303, the modulation can't be set; use it as it is. In either case, the student transmitter is always switch off. Its logic turns on when you insert the trainer cord in it.
The trainer cord is not inserted into the master transmitter until after it is switched on.

For XP9303 see pages A44-A45. For the X9303 see pages A45-A46.

Allan
AWorrest is offline Find More Posts by AWorrest
Old Oct 12, 2011, 03:28 PM
United States, NC, Lawndale
Joined Mar 2008
181 Posts
Allen, Next chance I will use your instructions. Everything I tried, reversing throw, master /slave , activating only certain channels to transfer had no effect. One thing I forgot to mention is that one radio is Helio and one airplane. Can't see where that would make a difference.

Mike
Tabasco is offline Find More Posts by Tabasco
Old Oct 12, 2011, 04:37 PM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
Allen, Next chance I will use your instructions. Everything I tried, reversing throw, master /slave , activating only certain channels to transfer had no effect. One thing I forgot to mention is that one radio is Helio and one airplane. Can't see where that would make a difference.

Mike
It shouldn't make a difference but you do want to make sure both are set on ACRO mode.

I tried my XP9303 and X9303 together for the first time (I had only used them with a simple buddy box previously). Here's what I did:
  • Set up the master Tx in the MASTER PROGRAM T. mode
  • Set all on-screen switches to slave (to allow transfer of control)
  • Set the slave Tx to SLAVE
  • Turned off the slave and plugged in the cable (as instructed on screen).
When I looked at the Monitor screen on the master everything worked as advertised. Control is transferred to the slave when you flip the trainer switch on the master. It doesn't matter how the reversing switches, flight mode switch, etc. are set on the slave -- all the master reads are the stick positions.

However, if I failed to set the slave to SLAVE and left it on MASTER, then the reversing switches, flight mode switch, etc. all function on the slave Tx. In other words, it's just like your traditional JR buddy box setup where you have to match the settings of the two transmitters because flipping the trainer switch puts the slave encoder fully in control.

Anyway, I can assure you that two 9303s do work together in a trainer setup. So go back and take another look at how you are setting things.

Good luck.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66