HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:32 AM
Dreamer
Australia, TAS, Memana
Joined Aug 2004
2,208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanyote66 View Post
No, It comes with a cable to connect to the module pins. for Futaba, you can order the trainer cable.

Chris
Yes, just edited my post after looking the manual for the radio up online. Has standard trainer plug on the back though.
kaz1104 is offline Find More Posts by kaz1104
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:00 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,534 Posts
VIDEO CONTEST RESULTS

Sorry I am late on posting this everyone, I actually went out and flew some FPV for the past 2 days.. This was the first time I have gotten to fly in about 2 months I got some great video and I think I am going to win this weeks contest

The cold weather must have you guys staying in and not flying, there were only 3 videos for last weeks contest. The winner is: FPV Skywalker Triple-Camera Flight - #16 808 V2 HD Keychain Cam on Wingtip with 339 views by GlassDogAngle. Send me your complete information, including what firmware version you have and I will send your free receiver to you.

Mike

FPV Skywalker Triple-Camera Flight - #16 808 V2 HD Keychain Cam on Wingtip (11 min 25 sec)
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Last edited by JettPilot; Nov 28, 2012 at 06:32 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:00 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,534 Posts
DRAGON LINK WEEKLY VIDEO CONTEST !!!

Win a FREE Dragon Link Receiver

We will be giving away a FREE Dragon Link Receiver EVERY WEEK... The rules are simple:

1. Post an FPV video flown with Dragon Link on YouTube that has " Dragon Link " , or " Flown with Dragon Link " or like statement, PROMINENTLY displayed at the BEGINNING of the video for at least 3 seconds. Having something like " Flown With Dragon Link " in the title of the video will also be acceptable. Having Dragon Link included in an equipment list or mixed in with other things will NOT qualify. Please read below for more details on this.

2. Post your video in the FPV video thread located here:
FPV Videos For those that want to see what FPV flying is like check this out [Part 6]

3. Also post your video here in this thread so that I will know to judge it.

4. Video Must be posted on YouTube. VIMEO or other video servers will NOT qaualify for the contest.

5. Videos must be posted on Monday, 26 November 2012 or LATER to qualify for this weeks contest.

6. The video that gets the highest view count at the end of the week, Sunday night, 2 December 2012 wins !!!

NOTES:

Running this contest every week costs me a lot of money " Flown with Dragon Link " must be prominent in the beginning of the video, not hidden in the middle or at the end. Having " Flown with Dragon Link " merely included in an equipment list will NOT qualify. If you are not willing to make the statement " Flown with Dragon Link " noticible in your video, I am most certinaly not willing to go to the expense and time of manufacturing, and shipping you a free receiver. This rule will be strictly enforced !!!

This is not a " Best Video " contest, the winner will be determined by which one has the most number of views at the end of the week ! The video can be as old as you like, but it must be posted as a new unique video so that we can count the number of views. Videos can also be used twice, but must be posted as new every week so that everyone has an equal chance every week to get the most number of views for that week.

This contest will be run EVERY WEEK, so if you do not win this week, no worries, try again !!!

Mike
Site Sponsor
Last edited by JettPilot; Nov 28, 2012 at 12:51 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:11 AM
France, Limousin, Limoges
Joined Jul 2009
1,210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jengaleng View Post
Hey all,

I'm using dragonlink on a AP multirotor, I have a futaba 10c 10 channel radio that only puts out 8 channels of ppm, I'm short 2 channels for my cam switch and remote switch... Any info on how to get the full 12 channels or at least 10 channels would be great.

-jeng
Channel wizard from fpvkiwi -> 12 channels :

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1576877

Cedric
GLADUS63 is offline Find More Posts by GLADUS63
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:13 AM
Joined Jul 2009
1,210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sven.herzing View Post
Yes, the TX is always switched on first.

I do the following steps to bind:

1.) start TX pressing the button and wait until the green LED on the transmitter is blinking
2.) start the receiver
3.) wait a little bit
4.) power off both, receiver and transmitter
5.) power on transmitter without pressing the button
6.) wait until the solid green LED is shown on the transmitter
7.) power on the receiver

On the v2 receiver with the LEDs, the status LED is off and the link LED is on. Is that sequence correct, as I haven't found if the LED on the transmitter should changed from blinking to solid or so to indicate that the binding was successfull.

thanks
Is your V1 Tx upgrade to V2, if so it's not the same procedure
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:30 AM
United States, TX, Santa Fe
Joined Oct 2011
143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz1104 View Post
Futaba T8J
Is this link of any use .... http://www.dragonlinkstore.com/v2/node/10 ??
Should be able to get the futaba square plug cord to go direct to the trainer output of that radio.
I guess nobody is using the same radio to confirm that it works fine.
Thanks for your reply! Since this radio is a 2.4ghz with no modules to pull out, I wasn't sure if I could use this radio with dragonlink. I've got it on order and still waiting for it to come in but wanted to get and idea if it would work. My hopes were that someone here is using this transmitter and was able to access all 8 channels via dragonlink. Also, if I want to use an external battery to power the DL transmitter, is there a wiring diagram that shows how to connect this together? I'm not sure I want to power the DL TX with the batteries from the Futaba T8J.

Thanks!
Glenn
FPVgrunt is offline Find More Posts by FPVgrunt
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:34 AM
FPV! and nothing else matters.
Israel, Haifa
Joined Aug 2010
1,891 Posts
Hi,Mike.

Good to see you fly FPV :-)

Please take a look at msgs too.
I sent you a few ...

Regarfing Amit's tx .. and my crashed rx.

Thanks.
guy1a is online now Find More Posts by guy1a
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:35 AM
Spain, CT, Barcelona
Joined Jul 2011
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADUS63 View Post
Is your V1 Tx upgrade to V2, if so it's not the same procedure
It's still a V1 without software upgrade. That might be the problem, but I couldn't find other instructions for the binding, so I used those:
http://www.dragonlinkstore.com/v2/node/11

Do I need to bind the v1 differently?

Thanks
Sven
sven.herzing is offline Find More Posts by sven.herzing
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:59 AM
FunkMaster
United States, OH, Mason
Joined Jan 2011
219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVgrunt View Post
Thanks for your reply! Since this radio is a 2.4ghz with no modules to pull out, I wasn't sure if I could use this radio with dragonlink. I've got it on order and still waiting for it to come in but wanted to get and idea if it would work. My hopes were that someone here is using this transmitter and was able to access all 8 channels via dragonlink. Also, if I want to use an external battery to power the DL transmitter, is there a wiring diagram that shows how to connect this together? I'm not sure I want to power the DL TX with the batteries from the Futaba T8J.

Thanks!
Glenn
Regarding external power, you might want to check out Chris Seto's board that he sells for $8 (see post below).

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=14303

It separates the power and the PPM signals into separate connectors. I bought a couple but haven't used them yet. He indended them for use when mounting the DL away from the RC transmitter.

Kent
KentF is offline Find More Posts by KentF
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: JTM 1.7m ViperJet
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:08 AM
Joined Mar 2011
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy1a View Post
Hi,Mike.

Good to see you fly FPV :-)

Please take a look at msgs too.
I sent you a few ...

Regarfing Amit's tx .. and my crashed rx.

Thanks.
I also think it's great you are also getting some flying in.
But I also would appreciate if you could check your messages
Exyator is offline Find More Posts by Exyator
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:51 AM
Joined Jul 2009
1,210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sven.herzing View Post
It's still a V1 without software upgrade. That might be the problem, but I couldn't find other instructions for the binding, so I used those:
http://www.dragonlinkstore.com/v2/node/11

Do I need to bind the v1 differently?

Thanks
Sven
It can't work V1 et V2 are not compatible, you should send your system for upgrade, it's just shipping cost !
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:04 AM
TREES!!! Ouch!!!
Mexico, BC
Joined Jun 2009
1,979 Posts
any idea if my order has been shipped
Transaction ID: 4F8237395L196304E
was made on Oct 23
ROCKY2 is offline Find More Posts by ROCKY2
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:18 AM
United States, PA, Norristown
Joined May 2012
637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jengaleng View Post
Hey all,

I'm using dragonlink on a AP multirotor, I have a futaba 10c 10 channel radio that only puts out 8 channels of ppm, I'm short 2 channels for my cam switch and remote switch... Any info on how to get the full 12 channels or at least 10 channels would be great.

-jeng
any info on this would be appreciated thanks guys
Jengaleng is offline Find More Posts by Jengaleng
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:39 AM
Engineer for Christ
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,428 Posts
@Mike - Any update on my upgraded DL system? I still haven't seen it. I think it was lost in the mail and must start a search so can you please get back to me on this? It's been a month now. All I need is the tracking#.

-Alex
IBCrazy is offline Find More Posts by IBCrazy
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:45 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKY2 View Post
any idea if my order has been shipped
Transaction ID: 4F8237395L196304E
was made on Oct 23
Oh yeah,

it was shipped on Oct 24... I will have to check into this and track it. I remember seeing your name and sending this one myself, alson with a free receiver for friend rewards !

Mike
Site Sponsor