SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:28 PM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2011
40 Posts
I have a dx8 and can't seem to get the DL to start flashing so I can bind,what am I doing wrong,need help please.i am using a the trainer cord from anylink rc.also the battery in my dx8 is a 4.8v battery,it powers on my DL but not being able to bind.I do have the older v1 DL on my JR and never had problems with that unit.Seems to me I'm missing something.
fpvigilante is offline Find More Posts by fpvigilante
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:47 PM
Rotor Addict
United States, VA, Leesburg
Joined Dec 2008
567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvigilante View Post
I have a dx8 and can't seem to get the DL to start flashing so I can bind,what am I doing wrong,need help please.i am using a the trainer cord from anylink rc.also the battery in my dx8 is a 4.8v battery,it powers on my DL but not being able to bind.I do have the older v1 DL on my JR and never had problems with that unit.Seems to me I'm missing something.

Did you remove the jumper after calibration?
naryan is offline Find More Posts by naryan
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:18 PM
hey whats burning?
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Oct 2007
735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvigilante View Post
I believe the DL tx needs at least 6 volts. Might be part of the problem.
metalbender4by is offline Find More Posts by metalbender4by
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:55 PM
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined May 2011
300 Posts
Ok, Im sure this may have been covered somewhere, but Im not finding the answer. I am trying to hook up my headtracker via the DL ppm, but I need to covert the futaba square plug to the servo wire connector. The problem is the square plug from my tracker has 4 wires and the servo wire is 3 wires. So which wires do I connect to each other to make this work?

Here's pics for better explanation, thanks for your help in advance!
funkmanusa is offline Find More Posts by funkmanusa
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:21 AM
Australia, QLD, Buderim
Joined Jun 2012
6 Posts
Hi all
I need some help, i am trying to allocate switches on my 9x to operate the menus for my eagletree osd can anyone give me a blow by blow. I've been trying to set it up on the gear switch and the three position switch. thanks in advance.
John
Jwilly00 is offline Find More Posts by Jwilly00
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:40 AM
hey whats burning?
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Oct 2007
735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkmanusa View Post
Ok, Im sure this may have been covered somewhere, but Im not finding the answer. I am trying to hook up my headtracker via the DL ppm, but I need to covert the futaba square plug to the servo wire connector. The problem is the square plug from my tracker has 4 wires and the servo wire is 3 wires. So which wires do I connect to each other to make this work?

I think you can exclude the ppm in on the head tracker and use the ppm out. But I may have it backwards.

Maybe some one else can confirm this.
metalbender4by is offline Find More Posts by metalbender4by
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:32 AM
Joined May 2011
300 Posts
Thanks Very much for your input, however it doesnt seem to be consistent with the tracker wire configuration. I have drawn a graphic of the wire colors for the pins. Can anyone confirm which wires go to which when converting to the 3 wire configuration for DL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbender4by View Post
I think you can exclude the ppm in on the head tracker and use the ppm out. But I may have it backwards.

Maybe some one else can confirm this.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:49 AM
Joined Nov 2012
63 Posts
When do the send what you have order

Hey, Woundring if they had send my dragonlink, I have not got any e-mail or heard anything from dragonlink.
chiwas is offline Find More Posts by chiwas
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:40 PM
France, Limousin, Limoges
Joined Jul 2009
1,271 Posts
Up !

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADUS63 View Post
I sent my DLv1 for upgrade and was wondering what was the meaning of the led (calibrating, binding, changing id's) ?
Could someone let me know the color / sequence ?
thanks

Cedric
Up !
GLADUS63 is online now Find More Posts by GLADUS63
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: old MyFlyDream AAT upgrade
Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:39 PM
Dreamer
Australia, TAS, Memana
Joined Aug 2004
2,208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkmanusa View Post

Logically ....
Headtracker feeds ppm signal to the DL port ... so thats ppm out.
Headtracker needs a power supply ... so that's switched +ve (+unswitched would see the tracker powered all the time and flatten your Tx battery.
Headtracker needs a ground ... so that's GND.

Three wires ... Sound right?
kaz1104 is offline Find More Posts by kaz1104
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:41 PM
Dragon Link/Labs Engineer
Chesterfield, MO
Joined Nov 2010
702 Posts
You guys are great, I went FPV'ing with a DragonLink customer today with his FPV tricopter. This guy's FPV setup beat mine with a stick and the flight was beautiful. I love our customers.
chris1seto is offline Find More Posts by chris1seto
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:03 PM
Registered Aircraft Offender
Carmichael, CA
Joined Feb 2007
3,537 Posts
Mike & Chris, I finally got the time and weather to test out my replacement DL system today, and I'm definitely keeping the new one and sending you guys the old one. To make a long story short I am now sure there was something wrong with my original DL, and the new one jumped through hoops today without even blinking.

Some interesting stuff happened while I was flying my quad, and I happened to be recording. So I'll enter my low class video in next weeks contest and see how it does. Nothing superman FPV-wise, but maybe the swarm of birds will attract some viewers... LOL!

Kev
Truglodite is offline Find More Posts by Truglodite
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:21 AM
Joined May 2011
300 Posts
Thanks, however, the diagram shown doesnt at all match up to the color coding on the tracker.

According to that earlier diagram posted, shows PPM out as top left, however on my tracker its a red wire, on the +ve wire on the diagram, mine is a black wire. Then on the Ground, mine is a white wire.

So based on this, you believe I should wire it this way?

Servo Wire - Tracker Wire
Brown Wire - White Wire
Red Wire - Black Wire
Orange Wire - Red Wire

Doesn't seem correct?? See pics of earlier provided diagram and the configuration on my current Tracker square plug..Been hoping for a clear and definitive answer so I can start chopping wire, certainly don't want to fry this $100 tracker trying...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz1104 View Post
Logically ....
Headtracker feeds ppm signal to the DL port ... so thats ppm out.
Headtracker needs a power supply ... so that's switched +ve (+unswitched would see the tracker powered all the time and flatten your Tx battery.
Headtracker needs a ground ... so that's GND.

Three wires ... Sound right?
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:38 AM
FPV in Hawaii
United States, HI, Kailua
Joined Feb 2012
2,360 Posts
Chris, let's have an update to the magic PCB you are conjuring up! I cant wait to hear more!
I wish I knew how do what you can do. What a talent.
iskess is offline Find More Posts by iskess
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:31 AM
The way of being is doing.
Italia, Emilia Romagna, Ravenna
Joined Apr 2009
434 Posts
Mike please ask to this question:

My Futuba 12FG seems to work well with DL module. What improves the firmware with this radio ?
I bought my DragonLink on July 2012. For you, is necessary that I send you the module to upgrade the firmware ?
But especially when will be possible to upgrade firmware from home ?
IMEIV is offline Find More Posts by IMEIV