Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:21 PM
Dreamer
Australia, TAS, Memana
Joined Aug 2004
2,205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah58 View Post
Hi all.
Can anyone help with the mounting or placing of the DL Rx antenna wire to my quad. Does the main part of the wire need to be fully extended or can it be coiled? Is there any other options for Rx antenna than the one supplied?
Received my DLink yesterday and immediately set about mounting the Tx to JR 8103. Followed the instructions in the DL manual carefully, read and re read and then had my wife double check me. Everything calibrated, ID'd, Bound beautifully without a hitch. Just as the manual said it would. Will set failsafe etc when the quad kit actually turns up and I get it built with Naza with GPS installed. Hope some of you can assist with the antenna problem.Many thanks.

G
The antenna ideally needs to be straight. I mounted mine in a tube, zip tied to the quad frame. The bottom end is okay to just hang down, but I was worried prop wash would swirl it up into the blades so that is also held in a tube.
I have the excess co-ax cable coiled. You can use other antenna, like a "sanders type" .. RMRC have them http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...oducts_id=1032 but will reduce range somewhat.
kaz1104 is online now Find More Posts by kaz1104
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:31 PM
Nine inch member
Thailand, Chon Buri, Bang Lamung
Joined May 2006
233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickwad View Post
I have now found out its not channel 12 as previously suggested but ch 9 .
Its all working now but when switching off the transmitter the MK does not report lost signal as before. but just holds the last signal.
I have now set the DL failsafe to switch to coming home on signal loss.
How can I get the MK to react to signal loss as normal? as if the failsafe gets altered by mistake it seems as if it will fly away if flying in 'free' mode!

Anyone please...........Mike?
nickwad is offline Find More Posts by nickwad
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:37 PM
crd
Always thinkering
United States, FL
Joined Nov 2006
1,205 Posts
Hey Mike, just wondering if you received my emails? I keep getting a vacation reply, I sent you a tx and 2 rx last week and I want to make sure you got them :-)
crd is offline Find More Posts by crd
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:09 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickwad View Post
Anyone please...........Mike?
You would have to check with the Flight controller configuration. DL does not "shut down" like 2.4ghz systems without failsafes... so you would have to set a control channel to tell your flight controller to do what you want. For Example KK boards have a stabilize channel that can be set to failsafe to "autolevel"

Chris
chanyote66 is offline Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:56 PM
Joined Dec 2010
400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanyote66 View Post
You would have to check with the Flight controller configuration. DL does not "shut down" like 2.4ghz systems without failsafes... so you would have to set a control channel to tell your flight controller to do what you want. For Example KK boards have a stabilize channel that can be set to failsafe to "autolevel"

Chris
Exactly....usually you assign a channel as a RTH switch on the MK (if you have navi gps)... then if you lose signal the failsafe should trigger RTH...
hawaiitaco is offline Find More Posts by hawaiitaco
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:57 PM
New Zealand, Tasman, Kahurangi National Park
Joined Oct 2012
48 Posts
Quote:

Chris

How about with Naza and GPS for RTH. I havent got that far in setup yet, just gathering information.

Geoff
Noah58 is offline Find More Posts by Noah58
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:04 AM
Nine inch member
Thailand, Chon Buri, Bang Lamung
Joined May 2006
233 Posts
I have a DL on my Naza Quad with GPS and the failsafe works like a dream , you just setup the FC as normal and then set the DL failsafe to put the Naza into its failsafe settings i.e. come home and auto land.

My question on the Mikrokopter is if you set the failsafe on the DL to coming home and set the altitude hold to kick in , If you were for eample flying at 300m altiude and 300m out and had total radio failiure it would return home and continue to hover at 300m until the battery runs out then it would crash?

I cannot work out how to set it so the DL lets the MK go into its failsafe ( alarm sounding , red screen and warning on the telemtry screen , RTH at a predetermined alt , emergency gas landing etc)

PS Noah58 if you have any problems setting up your Naza/GPS with DL feel free to ask. I have got mine working perfectly!
nickwad is offline Find More Posts by nickwad
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:54 AM
One with the machine
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Oct 2010
396 Posts
Flown with Dragonlink
TBS Discovery - Neighborhood Patrol! (5 min 24 sec)
SuperFPVflyer is offline Find More Posts by SuperFPVflyer
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:22 AM
Project Tormentor is flying!
United States, WA, White Salmon
Joined Nov 2005
2,023 Posts
SuperFPVflyer how did you get stable enough video to make that trip around the neighborhood? Do you have your antennas way up high on a mast on the roof of a house or something? Or were you in a car, behind the quad?
philthyy is offline Find More Posts by philthyy
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:20 AM
Australia, VIC
Joined Dec 2009
712 Posts
Hi
I live in Australia and I sent my DL tx and 5 rx's to Mike 4 weeks ago for a FW upgrade and still have not got them back. Is this normal? For people outside of the states, how long have you had to wait to get your gear back? I am worried that they are lost and I'll never see my DL gear again.
juz70 is offline Find More Posts by juz70
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:26 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2010
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by juz70 View Post
Hi
I live in Australia and I sent my DL tx and 5 rx's to Mike 4 weeks ago for a FW upgrade and still have not got them back. Is this normal? For people outside of the states, how long have you had to wait to get your gear back? I am worried that they are lost and I'll never see my DL gear again.
yeah mate, mine took about 4 weeks to come back, shouldn't be too far away now...
Haych is offline Find More Posts by Haych
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:15 AM
Live To Fly
Joined Jan 2010
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
The dummy load is no longer needed or used. Please see the complete Dragon Link instruction manual, it is on the first page of this thread, first post, attached to the bottomo of the first group of pictures.

Mike
Mike,
The manual in the first post is the one i am following that says to install dummy load. Can you please just confirm the actual process and I will modify my printed version of the manual.

Thank You so much.

Jon
rotojon is offline Find More Posts by rotojon
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:28 AM
Live To Fly
Joined Jan 2010
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
Metal will not hurt calibration. Just do not have the TX antenna right next to the RX, this swamps the RX and will mess up your calibration. This is why I suggest about 10 feet distance, with

Transmitter antenna ON the Dragon Link Transmitter,

Receiver antenna REMOVED from the receiver.

Mike
Okay... found this in a previous post so I will calibrate with TX antenna ON and RX antenna OFF.

Jon
rotojon is offline Find More Posts by rotojon
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:29 AM
Joined Mar 2011
105 Posts
Quote:
That is an awesome video! Hope he accepts it...

Chris
Thanks, so do I
Exyator is offline Find More Posts by Exyator
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:53 AM
Work less, fly more!
Australia, WA, Broome
Joined Aug 2012
456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by juz70 View Post
Hi
Hello Jus, both my new systems took more than 4 weeks to get to the north west but they did arrive ok

Damien
angry is offline Find More Posts by angry