Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:13 PM
Rotor Addict
United States, VA, Leesburg
Joined Dec 2008
567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc10kevin View Post
Hi all,

I know this has been said many times, but just wanted to reenforce the fact that Mike (and his company) are OUTSTANDING!

I recently tried to hook up my V2 Tx to my radio (ER9X w/V1 already installed). No joy, no power. Mike had me check a couple of things and determined the Tx was defective. 3 days later, new Tx in the mail!!! Didn't even charge me for the shipping. There are only a few companies I have dealt with in my life that provide that level of customer support and service.

Kudos to you Mike!
Stories like this is what sold me on the DL
naryan is offline Find More Posts by naryan
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:00 PM
Germany, BY, Munich
Joined Sep 2008
64 Posts
@chris1seto
Sorry for asking, but just don't have the time to read every post here. What is this AxisXtend board for and how could I use it? Asking cause I'll be buying a DL in December, and I want to buy ALL the bits I need in ONE package(DL+extra antenna+extra receiver+Extra 1/2 Wave Super Long Range Transmitter Antenna+Dragon OSD+V2+(What am I missing...?) What receiver-antenna-length would you recommend for the 2meter FPV-Rapter if I would install the antenna way out on the wing? My first LR system ever...
JustFlyingRC is offline Find More Posts by JustFlyingRC
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:18 PM
Joined Mar 2011
310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustFlyingRC View Post
@chris1seto
Sorry for asking, but just don't have the time to read every post here. What is this AxisXtend board for and how could I use it? Asking cause I'll be buying a DL in December, and I want to buy ALL the bits I need in ONE package(DL+extra antenna+extra receiver+Extra 1/2 Wave Super Long Range Transmitter Antenna+Dragon OSD+V2+(What am I missing...?) What receiver-antenna-length would you recommend for the 2meter FPV-Rapter if I would install the antenna way out on the wing? My first LR system ever...
Hello,

Before you make the jump for the DOSD, for a wing, take a look and make some questions in the DOSD thread!

Geotete
geotete is offline Find More Posts by geotete
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:53 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotete View Post
Hello,

Before you make the jump for the DOSD, for a wing, take a look and make some questions in the DOSD thread!

Geotete
I agree, I fly flying wings and it was a little of a challenge to get the first one flying correct with DOSD, but now DL+DOSD means amazing Flying!

Chris
chanyote66 is offline Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:54 PM
Deutschland, HE, Frankfurt am Main
Joined Mar 2011
139 Posts
Hi,

MIKE

did you get my question ? ;-)

rgds

blacknose

PS: sorry for the big letters...
blacknose2010 is offline Find More Posts by blacknose2010
Old Nov 14, 2012, 02:34 PM
Joined Oct 2012
407 Posts
Talking about interference issues, I already bought 1000mW Lawnmate VTx and 2 VRx and I bought also a low pass filter for the VTx and a high pass filter por each VRx. Do you think that it might be a good idea to install a low pass 433Mhz filter for the Dragonlink Tx? Or the DL is already well shielded?

Mike, Chris.... what do you think?

Thanks,

Juan
Juanp is offline Find More Posts by Juanp
Old Nov 14, 2012, 02:35 PM
Joined Mar 2011
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
DRAGON LINK WEEKLY VIDEO CONTEST !!!

Win a FREE Dragon Link Receiver

We will be giving away a FREE Dragon Link Receiver EVERY WEEK... The rules are simple:

1. Post an FPV video flown with Dragon Link on YouTube that has " Dragon Link " , or " Flown with Dragon Link " or like statement, PROMINENTLY displayed at the BEGINNING of the video for at least 3 seconds. Having something like " Flown With Dragon Link " in the title of the video will also be acceptable. Having Dragon Link included in an equipment list or mixed in with other things will NOT qualify. Please read below for more details on this.

2. Post your video in the FPV video thread located here:
FPV Videos For those that want to see what FPV flying is like check this out [Part 6]

3. Also post your video here in this thread so that I will know to judge it.

4. Video Must be posted on YouTube. VIMEO or other video servers will NOT qaualify for the contest.

5. Videos must be posted on Monday, 12 November 2012 or LATER to qualify for this weeks contest.

6. The video that gets the highest view count at the end of the week, Sunday night, 18 November 2012 wins !!!

NOTES:

Running this contest every week costs me a lot of money " Flown with Dragon Link " must be prominent in the beginning of the video, not hidden in the middle or at the end. Having " Flown with Dragon Link " merely included in an equipment list will NOT qualify. If you are not willing to make the statement " Flown with Dragon Link " noticible in your video, I am most certinaly not willing to go to the expense and time of manufacturing, and shipping you a free receiver. This rule will be strictly enforced !!!

This is not a " Best Video " contest, the winner will be determined by which one has the most number of views at the end of the week ! The video can be as old as you like, but it must be posted as a new unique video so that we can count the number of views. Videos can also be used twice, but must be posted as new every week so that everyone has an equal chance every week to get the most number of views for that week.

This contest will be run EVERY WEEK, so if you do not win this week, no worries, try again !!!

Mike
Hi Mike,
I hope my video qualifies for this week... it was uploaded Monday morning here:
FPV - Elements - Flown with DragonLink! (3 min 4 sec)

Thanks in advace,
Jonathan
Exyator is offline Find More Posts by Exyator
Old Nov 14, 2012, 03:20 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exyator View Post
Hi Mike,
I hope my video qualifies for this week... it was uploaded Monday morning here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrVfr27eyKg&feature=plcp

Thanks in advace,
Jonathan
That is an awesome video! Hope he accepts it...

Chris
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 14, 2012, 03:22 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanp View Post
Do you think that it might be a good idea to install a low pass 433Mhz filter for the Dragonlink Tx? Or the DL is already well shielded?

Mike, Chris.... what do you think?

Thanks,

Juan
DL already has great filtering... I would not recommend a filter on it. I flew Lawmate for a long time and had some great flights without any filters but never went past 3 miles (battery limited distance)

Chris
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:49 PM
Joined Oct 2012
407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanyote66 View Post
DL already has great filtering... I would not recommend a filter on it. I flew Lawmate for a long time and had some great flights without any filters but never went past 3 miles (battery limited distance)

Chris
To get something like 7 miles. What size of battery do you think that would be enough using the 1000mW transmitter?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:26 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanp View Post
To get something like 7 miles. What size of battery do you think that would be enough using the 1000mW transmitter?
It all depends on the plane... Right now I have a really fast plane but it is inefficient... I am building a Super Sky Surfer for some new videos and my theoretical range is just around 20 miles one way on 5300mah... but at 25 mph it will take forever!

For long range efficiency is the key. Higher voltage, lower KV, inrunner, low power equipment lots of batteries...

DL has given many more range than they will ever see

Chris
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:45 PM
Joined Oct 2012
407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanyote66 View Post
It all depends on the plane... Right now I have a really fast plane but it is inefficient... I am building a Super Sky Surfer for some new videos and my theoretical range is just around 20 miles one way on 5300mah... but at 25 mph it will take forever!

For long range efficiency is the key. Higher voltage, lower KV, inrunner, low power equipment lots of batteries...

DL has given many more range than they will ever see

Chris
And which Video transmitter do you have? I want to do like you some long range flying, and I want to know some people's setups. Thanks for the info that you shared to me, is very valuable for me

Thanks,

Juan
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:52 PM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2012
805 Posts
ive calibrated my dl v2 using the smaller rubber ducky antenna but will intend to use the longer supplied whip antenna on the tx eventually, will it need recalibrating with a change of antenna on the tx ?

cheers

martin
motofox is online now Find More Posts by motofox
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:53 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motofox View Post
ive calibrated my dl v2 using the smaller rubber ducky antenna but will intend to use the longer supplied whip antenna on the tx eventually, will it need recalibrating with a change of antenna on the tx ?

cheers

martin
No, you do not have to recalibrate, it will work with either antenna, or any antenna type on the RX itself.

Chris
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:16 PM
New Zealand, Tasman, Kahurangi National Park
Joined Oct 2012
52 Posts
Hi all.
Can anyone help with the mounting or placing of the DL Rx antenna wire to my quad. Does the main part of the wire need to be fully extended or can it be coiled? Is there any other options for Rx antenna than the one supplied?
Received my DLink yesterday and immediately set about mounting the Tx to JR 8103. Followed the instructions in the DL manual carefully, read and re read and then had my wife double check me. Everything calibrated, ID'd, Bound beautifully without a hitch. Just as the manual said it would. Will set failsafe etc when the quad kit actually turns up and I get it built with Naza with GPS installed. Hope some of you can assist with the antenna problem.Many thanks.

G
Noah58 is offline Find More Posts by Noah58