HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:29 PM
Nine inch member
Thailand, Chon Buri, Bang Lamung
Joined May 2006
233 Posts
I have now found out its not channel 12 as previously suggested but ch 9 .
Its all working now but when switching off the transmitter the MK does not report lost signal as before. but just holds the last signal.
I have now set the DL failsafe to switch to coming home on signal loss.
How can I get the MK to react to signal loss as normal? as if the failsafe gets altered by mistake it seems as if it will fly away if flying in 'free' mode!

nickwad is offline Find More Posts by nickwad
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:39 PM
BUZZ KILL
Utah
Joined Aug 2010
1,082 Posts
Hi Nickwad,
I wish I could answer your question but I have one of my own.

Do you have to do anything special to get the PPM out of channel 9? I have a dragon OSD and for the life of me I cant seem to get PPM to it. I have V2 receivers.
Plane Insane RC is offline Find More Posts by Plane Insane RC
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:07 AM
France, Limousin, Limoges
Joined Jul 2009
1,237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane Insane RC View Post
Hi Nickwad,

Do you have to do anything special to get the PPM out of channel 9? I have a dragon OSD and for the life of me I cant seem to get PPM to it. I have V2 receivers.
Try channel 12
GLADUS63 is offline Find More Posts by GLADUS63
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: old MyFlyDream AAT upgrade
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:15 AM
Live To Fly
Joined Jan 2010
50 Posts
Mike, received my DL yesterday.... Hard wired into my DX7. Good ppm. Receiver bind was super easy. Ready for calibration but I did not receive a dummy load for the receiver as is required by the manual directions... Is there an alternate means of calibration?

What are the rest of you doing for calibration? Thoughts?

Thank You
rotojon is offline Find More Posts by rotojon
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:21 AM
Dragon Link/Labs Engineer
Chesterfield, MO
Joined Nov 2010
701 Posts
AxisXtend boards sent off to production. That's less than a week from schematic capture to release to production along with the other typical work I do for DragonLinks

chris1seto is offline Find More Posts by chris1seto
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:17 AM
Joined Oct 2012
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1seto View Post
AxisXtend boards sent off to production. That's less than a week from schematic capture to release to production along with the other typical work I do for DragonLinks

I can´t wait for it . Let me know when you´re ready to sell it. You´re great Chris
Juanp is offline Find More Posts by Juanp
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:41 AM
Canada, AB, Mundare
Joined Mar 2011
624 Posts
+1^^^^
Beerwiser is offline Find More Posts by Beerwiser
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:00 AM
FPV in Hawaii
United States, HI, Kailua
Joined Feb 2012
2,302 Posts
What's the ballpark price range Chris?
I was going to get the new Turnigy 9XR radio coming out in a couple weeks to use ER9X to get the extra channels, but if your board isn't too much, I can stick with my trusty Futaba 9C.
iskess is offline Find More Posts by iskess
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:03 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotojon View Post
Mike, received my DL yesterday.... Hard wired into my DX7. Good ppm. Receiver bind was super easy. Ready for calibration but I did not receive a dummy load for the receiver as is required by the manual directions... Is there an alternate means of calibration?

Thank You
The dummy load is no longer needed or used. Please see the complete Dragon Link instruction manual, it is on the first page of this thread, first post, attached to the bottomo of the first group of pictures.

Mike
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:06 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane Insane RC View Post
Hi Nickwad,

An easy test for PPM.

Take a standard NON DIGITAL servo, connect it to the PPM output of the Dragon Link, and it should kind of hum, and slowly move hard over to one side. If you see this, you know you have found the PPM. If it moves as normal, or quickly, then it is seeing a normal channel !

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:13 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanp View Post
I can´t wait for it . Let me know when you´re ready to sell it. You´re great Chris
Yeah, this is going to be AWESOME !!! I want one
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:08 AM
United States, WI, Menomonee Falls
Joined Dec 2009
94 Posts
Mike,
Should I return for a replacement? I still have intermittent disconnect at RX.

Dragon Link (1 min 5 sec)

Thank you,
Josh
jdwphotos.com is offline Find More Posts by jdwphotos.com
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:42 AM
Rotor Addict
United States, VA, Leesburg
Joined Dec 2008
567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotojon View Post

Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
The dummy load is no longer needed or used. Please see the complete Dragon Link instruction manual, it is on the first page of this thread, first post, attached to the bottomo of the first group of pictures.

Mike
The instructions attached in the first post still says to attach the dummy load to the RX when doing the calibration. It doesn't say that in the quick start section but it is written that way in the more detailed calibration section.

What's the correct calibration method? Antennas on both tx and rx? Which power mode?

Thanks

EDIT - Also add in the quick start directions to remove the jumper after calibrating.
naryan is offline Find More Posts by naryan
Last edited by naryan; Nov 14, 2012 at 10:35 AM.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:17 AM
Lt Col, USAF, Retired
United States, IL, Swansea
Joined Jan 2010
288 Posts
Excellent Customer Service!!!!

Hi all,

I know this has been said many times, but just wanted to reenforce the fact that Mike (and his company) are OUTSTANDING!

I recently tried to hook up my V2 Tx to my radio (ER9X w/V1 already installed). No joy, no power. Mike had me check a couple of things and determined the Tx was defective. 3 days later, new Tx in the mail!!! Didn't even charge me for the shipping. There are only a few companies I have dealt with in my life that provide that level of customer support and service.

Kudos to you Mike!
kc10kevin is offline Find More Posts by kc10kevin
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:10 AM
Dragon Link/Labs Engineer
Chesterfield, MO
Joined Nov 2010
701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskess View Post
What's the ballpark price range Chris?
I was going to get the new Turnigy 9XR radio coming out in a couple weeks to use ER9X to get the extra channels, but if your board isn't too much, I can stick with my trusty Futaba 9C.
Not entirely sure yet, I haven't actually done the pricing paperwork yet. Like a true engineer, that gets saved for last after all the engineering and proof of concept has been done. I'll probably be working on all that within the next day or two and I also need to talk with our wonderful resellers, like ReadyMadeRc. Rest assured though, I definitely won't be gauging for this, the price will be reasonable
chris1seto is offline Find More Posts by chris1seto