HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:38 AM
Joined Mar 2011
105 Posts
Contest entry

Hi DL users!
I hope this is OK, mike hasn't announced this week's contest but it's already Monday here and I'm anxious to show you my video. So, here it is:
FPV - Elements - Flown with DragonLink! (3 min 4 sec)
Exyator is offline Find More Posts by Exyator
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:14 AM
Rotor Addict
United States, VA, Leesburg
Joined Dec 2008
567 Posts
Talk about fast shipping! I placed my order on Wednesday and my Dragon Link was delivered on Saturday...

Well it wasn't actually delivered, even though I was home all day I found a "Sorry we missed you" slip in the mail box. Guess the postman/women didn't bother to walk to my front door. Now I have a present waiting for me when the PO opens back up tomorrow.
naryan is offline Find More Posts by naryan
Old Nov 12, 2012, 01:38 PM
New Zealand, Tasman, Kahurangi National Park
Joined Oct 2012
52 Posts
Sorted
Noah58 is offline Find More Posts by Noah58
Last edited by Noah58; Nov 13, 2012 at 09:29 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:12 PM
FunkMaster
United States, OH, Mason
Joined Jan 2011
248 Posts
Looking for some experienced DL user thoughts. I've been flying my DL for about a week now and have the RSSI hooked up to my OSD. When I'm out about 1.5 miles, my RSSI is showing around 50%. I know Mike has said not to worry about the RSSI reading but I'm trying to see if other see a similar reading. I just don't know if I have placement problems and I'm doing something to cause interference. I'm running a RMRC 1500mW 1.3 VTx and also not sure if this high power could be partly to blame.

One other piece of info...one time when I was down around 50% I switched to high power mode and it went up to about 85%.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

Thanks,

Kent
KentF is online now Find More Posts by KentF
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: JTM 1.7m ViperJet
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:24 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KentF View Post
Any thoughts would be welcome.

Thanks,

Kent
I have noticed a big difference in RSSI with my 200mw 1.3VTX and my 1000mw (1200mw) from RMRC. At this power you have to keep quite a bit of distance to prevent problems. I mount my RX antenna and VTX antenna at least 3ft apart when using anything over 500mw on any frequency.

The problem is not with the DL RX but the lack of tolerances with the Video transmitters.

I only have a V1 so I cant test your high/low power situation, but with my 1000mw mounted any closer than 3ft I notice a big difference around 2 miles out. But even with RSSI below 50 I have flown easily to 5 miles...

Chris
chanyote66 is offline Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:17 PM
Registered DSer
Australia, VIC, Hadfield
Joined Mar 2003
2,862 Posts
... scratch that.

was a request for a tracking number for return of repaired/upgraded V1 gear.

Postman just delivered it, so I'm a happy camper again!
Kahnx is offline Find More Posts by Kahnx
Last edited by Kahnx; Nov 12, 2012 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Goods arrived, no need to request tracking number.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:15 PM
Joined Apr 2005
11 Posts
site problem

Hi, i am trying to buy dragon link but there is a message in paypal:

PayPal cannot process this transaction because of a problem with the seller's website. Please contact the seller directly to resolve this problem.

Do you know something about?
Does it work with Futaba 12ZHP?
tks

Do you already have the promo for fpvbrasil?
tks
flavio martins is offline Find More Posts by flavio martins
Last edited by flavio martins; Nov 12, 2012 at 05:30 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:43 PM
Joined Apr 2005
11 Posts
Please, can you send photo or explain about different antennas?
flavio martins is offline Find More Posts by flavio martins
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:00 PM
Project Tormentor is flying!
United States, WA, White Salmon
Joined Nov 2005
2,050 Posts
Does the Dragonlink only accept PPM in from the trainer port? If that is the case, it can only be a 8channel system, right? Or can it send a true 12 channel if you plug it into the module pins?
philthyy is online now Find More Posts by philthyy
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:32 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by philthyy View Post
Does the Dragonlink only accept PPM in from the trainer port? If that is the case, it can only be a 8channel system, right? Or can it send a true 12 channel if you plug it into the module pins?
if your Transmitter can send 12ch ppm, then yes however, Chris mentioned that the timing issue with 12ch being longer than a standard ppm frame can cause lost packets and reduced performance.

I run mine in 10ch mode (TH9x) just to be safe, but I have run 12ch and only noticed random glitches under heavy loading (Moving 4-6 channels at once)

Chris
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:01 PM
Joined Oct 2012
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flavio martins View Post
Please, can you send photo or explain about different antennas?
Look at this video, it's great it will show youhow work each antenna, its ranges, setups, polarization and gain patterns
http://vimeo.com/m/8826952

I have seen this video a couple of times
Juanp is offline Find More Posts by Juanp
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:35 PM
Nine inch member
Thailand, Chon Buri, Bang Lamung
Joined May 2006
233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickwad View Post
I have done as suggested but it is beeping and showing lost signal in MK tools.
I have bound the receiver and checked with a servo, I have changed to multisignal ppm in MK tools.
I connected the white wire to the RX pad on the FC board , the black to ground and the red to 5v. The receiver is powered ok.
The jeti pad are not bridged and I have removed the Spektrum sattelite.

Any ideas what could be wrong please?
I have now tried soldering the signal wire to the PPM pad on the flight control but this has made no diference, the reciever is powered and bound , calibrated etc but the MK is still showing lost signal.
I am using ch 12 on the DL rec, and have changed the rec to multisignal PPM in MK tools.

Please has anyone got any experience of running DL on an MK ?
nickwad is offline Find More Posts by nickwad
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:12 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exyator View Post
Hi DL users!
I hope this is OK, mike hasn't announced this week's contest but it's already Monday here and I'm anxious to show you my video. So, here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrVfr27eyKg
Great flight! Iv watched it a few times that place would be great for a flying wing! get nice and low through those trees...

Chris
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:20 PM
FunkMaster
United States, OH, Mason
Joined Jan 2011
248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanyote66 View Post
I have noticed a big difference in RSSI with my 200mw 1.3VTX and my 1000mw (1200mw) from RMRC. At this power you have to keep quite a bit of distance to prevent problems. I mount my RX antenna and VTX antenna at least 3ft apart when using anything over 500mw on any frequency.

The problem is not with the DL RX but the lack of tolerances with the Video transmitters.

I only have a V1 so I cant test your high/low power situation, but with my 1000mw mounted any closer than 3ft I notice a big difference around 2 miles out. But even with RSSI below 50 I have flown easily to 5 miles...

Chris
Thanks Chris...good info. My antennae for rx and vtx are about 2.5 ft apart but the electronics are about 12 inches apart. I'm not sure I can make it more than 5 miles given my battery capacity right now so I'm probably fine but I was more currious than anything.

Appreciate it.

Kent
KentF is online now Find More Posts by KentF
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: JTM 1.7m ViperJet
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:24 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KentF View Post
Thanks Chris...good info. My antennae for rx and vtx are about 2.5 ft apart but the electronics are about 12 inches apart. I'm not sure I can make it more than 5 miles given my battery capacity right now so I'm probably fine but I was more currious than anything.

Appreciate it.

Kent
at 2.5 ft you should be good, may want to check your VTX, maybe put a filter on it. my longest flight ever was by mistake... OSD rebooted and thought i was headding home...

The electronics are shielded, my VTX and DL-RX are about an inch apart in my aircraft...

Chris
RCG Plus Member